Thread: Asunción, Paraguay

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Nobody Going Anymore?

I made a Map from my old List.

Someone on the Paraguay forum said that about 70 percent of the places are closed.

But, when I asked which ones?

I got nothing from him.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...763901894&z=15

AA will be using B757 on MIA-ASU route, single asile with only 16 business class seats.

The AA service MIA / ASU non stop doesn't start until Nov 15th and will only be 4 days a week, Sun, Mon, Wed, and Fri.

AA is doing non stops to mia starting in November I read use miles to get there now. I personaly did not like it over ba at all.

In term of value for dosh, security and general conditions I'd recommend the Granados Park. Go check it out!

Asuncion Tomorrow

Anybody there?

Staying at La mision Wednesday thru Friday.

Let's hook up.

Rick.

Hotel Prices

What would be a good price to pay for Asuncion hotels as discussed in this thread per say todays prices?

Is security an issue with chosing in which hotel to stay?

And I am mainly talking about the risk of stolen cash, laptop and iphone and I pad

Quote Originally Posted by El Alamo  [View Original Post]
    The moral here is. Learn to speak Spanish or be sure to have that $100 George Washington taped to your forehead.
    Methinks that you're getting some dumb counterfeiters if you're seeing $100 bills with Washington's face on them. .

Any chance of a small list of night spots that you used to visit Westy & maybe even a rating of each night spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy  [View Original Post]
    Last time I went to Asuncion, I stayed in Villa Morro at the Hotel Boggiani. This is a little "European pensióand" style hotel on Avenida Argentina, a few blocks south of Avda. Mariscal Lopez. (I think it's on the corner of Calle Campos Cervera.) It wasn't fancy, but clean and comfortable; and they included breakfast for me and my chica. There is a large (for Latin America) supermarket across Avda. Argentina, and a few blocks past the supermarket there are two good-sized shopping centers. There are some good restaurants nearby: the Hacienda de Las Palomas, for Mexican; the Paulista Grill and Aquarela, both of these rodizios; and there are others but I don't recall them at this moment.

You will, however, need to take a cab to the "night spots" from here; at least the night spots I used to visit.

Villa Morro

Quote Originally Posted by Master J  [View Original Post]
    El Alamo,

Thanks for all the positive posting about Asuncion. I am getting closer to packing after every post. Question for today is if the suburbs are so upscale and seem to be pristine and desirable, are there any options to stay in the suburbs and travel to centro when needed. I am not expecting a row of Ramadas. Marriots, etc but are there any furnished apartments or housing IN or near the the suburbs.

Much thanks
    Last time I went to Asuncion, I stayed in Villa Morro at the Hotel Boggiani. This is a little "European pensióand" style hotel on Avenida Argentina, a few blocks south of Avda. Mariscal Lopez. (I think it's on the corner of Calle Campos Cervera.) It wasn't fancy, but clean and comfortable; and they included breakfast for me and my chica. There is a large (for Latin America) supermarket across Avda. Argentina, and a few blocks past the supermarket there are two good-sized shopping centers. There are some good restaurants nearby: the Hacienda de Las Palomas, for Mexican; the Paulista Grill and Aquarela, both of these rodizios; and there are others but I don't recall them at this moment.

You will, however, need to take a cab to the "night spots" from here; at least the night spots I used to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J  [View Original Post]
    El Alamo,

Thanks for all the positive posting about Asuncion. I am getting closer to packing after every post. Question for today is if the suburbs are so upscale and seem to be pristine and desirable, are there any options to stay in the suburbs and travel to centro when needed. I am not expecting a row of Ramadas. Marriots, etc but are there any furnished apartments or housing IN or near the the suburbs.

Much thanks
    Master J,

I've been to Asuncion 3 times in the past year and I've enjoyed it each time. If you're not planning on an extended stay I would recommend staying downtown and taking an occasional trip to the suburbs (especially if you don't have a car). The downtown area is lively and entertaining during the day, that's where you can hop from privado to privado by foot and wander into interesting shops and cafes to catch your breath. The downtown area is lively during the day but without the elbow-to-elbow crowds you encounter in BA. The nightime scene is quiet but not dead. I enjoy Confeteria Bolsi and the Choperia on Colon (see my previous posts for the exact locations) for lazy night extended dinners. In my opinion, it would be much more cost-effective to travel to the suburbs from a downtown base rather than vise-versa. There are numerous good hotels downtown, my favorite being the Asuncion Palace Hotel on Av. Colon (again, see my previous posts). As El Alamo has previously posted, Asuncion is not for action junkies, but if you like a place with honest, humble people with beautiful chicas that can be had for a song you'll enjoy Asuncion.

Good Luck,

TT

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tequila Tim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by El Alamo  [View Original Post]
    Trampa.

There are a lot of upscale malls in the suburbs. Kilkennys is in a mall called Las Carmelitas. It is off Aveinda Espana about a 30, 000 guarani (6 dollar) taxi from downtown.

It is completely different from Kilkenny's in Buenos Aires. Kilkenny's in Asuncion is very upscale. The neighborhood is very upscale. The girls are dressed to the hilt. They keep the riff-raff out with a huge cover charge.

The reason these girls dress to the hilt is because they are hot and they know it. Also, sex is just fun for them. It is part of the culture. No hang ups. Great for you. Not so great for their boyfriends.

The moral here is. Learn to speak Spanish or be sure to have that $100 George Washington taped to your forehead.

However, there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of upscale bar / discos in asuncion that most tourists don't know exist.
    Thanks for the report, that was the kind of info I was hoping to get and I am sure to check it out.

If there were seven girls to every guy I would also dress up if I was a girl

Master J.

Yes, the suburbs have large hotels and small hotels, but they are the suburbs and very spread out. And when I say suburbs I am talking about big homes with lush yards looking like jungles. Not like Palermo or Belgrano in Buenos Aires.

Not everything is within walking distance in the suburbs because there are a lot of suburbs. Once you leave the main streets you might walk blocks before you find a restaurant. You would be pretty isolated. Probably a nice place if you are raising a family or are a hermit.

El Centro is much more interesting. As much as we try to warn people about El Centro -I love El Centro. Relaxing, interesting and enough pussy to satisfy the D Day invasion.

El Alamo,

Much thanks

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations