This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston  [View Original Post]
    If I sent a text msg to someone there I will have no problem, but if someone sends one to my USA Skype number will they have a problem with cost?
    Cost is the least of your worries! The networks here are notoriously bad and lose A LOT of messages. Sending a message between different local networks is a pretty hit or miss affair.

Even to someone on the SAME network isn't exactly reliable. Messages from my friend who's on the same account on the same network can usually be relied upon to arrive, albeit sometimes an hour after they were sent.

I've never successfully received a message from abroad, although admittedly I stopped trying a few years ago.

The moral of the story - always call!

One more Skype Question

If I sent a text msg to someone there I will have no problem, but if someone sends one to my USA Skype number will they have a problem with cost?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie45  [View Original Post]
    Hey guys this is what I will have when I come to BA this fall. Feel free to give me your thoughts on this phone.

http://www.ectaco.ca/products/ECTACO...Guard-TLX-ES/..
    I'll be interested in your experience. I hope that you will share it with us. I don't think much of the online TEXT translation services. When the input is voice the result can only be worse.

I haven't had good result with optical character recognition software either. (But I have only tried the free stuff).

Please let us know.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    5411 xxxx xxxx.
    Thanks, Davie.

Hey guys this is what I will have when I come to BA this fall. Feel free to give me your thoughts on this phone.

http://www.ectaco.ca/products/ECTACO...Guard-TLX-ES/..

Quote Originally Posted by Boston  [View Original Post]
    I think I am correct when I say I need to dial 54911 xxxx xxxx for a cell phone in BA from my Skype account, but what do I dial for the regular land line which is xxxx xxxx?

Thanks.
    5411 xxxx xxxx.

SKYPE Question

I think I am correct when I say I need to dial 54911 xxxx xxxx for a cell phone in BA from my Skype account, but what do I dial for the regular land line which is xxxx xxxx?

Thanks.

GSM Mini sim chip

I'm not sure if this got covered or not but I remember people asking about this, so here goes. I bought a "replacement" phone for a "lady" friend today and I noticed that the sim chip was perforated and could be used as a standard size chip or as a "mini" chip. It was a Movistar.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Apple Pickers..

Thieves that target Apple Devices like I-Pads, I-Phones, I-Pods, etc.

It's an International Sport.

TL.
    Ok thanks for the advice..

Little Assholes!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWoppers  [View Original Post]
    Apple pickers??
    Apple Pickers..

Thieves that target Apple Devices like I-Pads, I-Phones, I-Pods, etc.

It's an International Sport.

TL.

Maybe not the miniature Sim Cards. Not sure.

Most of the Boys that come down here use I-Phones so I assume that they buy the cards here.

Your BEST Bet is to leave your I-Phone at home to avoid the "Apple Pickers" and to buy a $20.00 Throw Down Phone from E-Bay that will work in BA.

People kill for I-Phones.

TL.
    Apple pickers??

Not Sure.

Ok thanks for the info..but sim cards for iphone you can buy there?
    Maybe not the miniature Sim Cards. Not sure.

Most of the Boys that come down here use I-Phones so I assume that they buy the cards here.

Your BEST Bet is to leave your I-Phone at home to avoid the "Apple Pickers" and to buy a $20.00 Throw Down Phone from E-Bay that will work in BA.

People kill for I-Phones.

TL.

Sim Cards grow on trees down here.

They are everywhere.

News-stands, Kioscos, phone stores, official carrier shops, etc.

Some come with a few Bonus minutes and some do not. Maybe as low as 20 p and as high as 40 p which should include about 20 pesos credit.

Carriers:

Claro. Good (maybe double credits on 50 p plus recharge).

Personal. Better (better service than Claro, double credit a few days a week.).

Movistar. Best (best coverage, double credit a few days a week.).

Attention..

Don't expect a lot of minutes per peso. Maybe 5 pesos per minute or worse. Most of the people just text each other.

TL.

Never buy ANYTHING at an Airport!
    Ok thanks for the info..but sim cards for iphone you can buy there?

Everywhere!

Does anyone know can I buy a sim card for iphone in Argentina.. Like a Argentina phone company.
    Sim Cards grow on trees down here.

They are everywhere.

News-stands, Kioscos, phone stores, official carrier shops, etc.

Some come with a few Bonus minutes and some do not. Maybe as low as 20 p and as high as 40 p which should include about 20 pesos credit.

Carriers:

Claro. Good (maybe double credits on 50 p plus recharge).

Personal. Better (better service than Claro, double credit a few days a week.).

Movistar. Best (best coverage, double credit a few days a week.).

Attention..

Don't expect a lot of minutes per peso. Maybe 5 pesos per minute or worse. Most of the people just text each other.

TL.

Never buy ANYTHING at an Airport!

Does anyone know can I buy a sim card for iphone in Argentina.. Like a Argentina phone company.

Posting Limitations