This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Check out this thread

Quote Originally Posted by TomJackin  [View Original Post]
    Hello all!

Making my virgin trip to BA and doing a lot of research; there is a lot of info out there.

I come up short on where I can get a sim card for my unlocked phone. Is there a place at the airport where I can buy one?

If any want to meet up and share monger war stories, the first couple of drinks are on me!
    10 posts back, on this page, of this thread this subject is discussed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

SIM Cards

Hello all!

Making my virgin trip to BA and doing a lot of research; there is a lot of info out there.

I come up short on where I can get a sim card for my unlocked phone. Is there a place at the airport where I can buy one?

If any want to meet up and share monger war stories, the first couple of drinks are on me!

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    My favourite Argentinism is the pricing of multi-packs in supermarkets. Individual items at 5 pesos, six-packs at 32 pesos. Have a look at any multi-packs - it's very rare that you'll see any savings by buying them!
    The words "Volume discount" are not in the Argentine dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    There is a Faria Americana on Suipache where you can have the honor of buying used (not vintage, just used) Levis for 100 pesos more than you can buy brand new ones at the Levi Store up the street on Santa Fe. Just one of those things I will never be able to understand.
    My favourite Argentinism is the pricing of multi-packs in supermarkets. Individual items at 5 pesos, six-packs at 32 pesos. Have a look at any multi-packs - it's very rare that you'll see any savings by buying them!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Very often they ask for what they paid for it new. (or more) Their rationale is that its now better then new because they took such good care of it!!
    There is a Faria Americana on Suipache where you can have the honor of buying used (not vintage, just used) Levis for 100 pesos more than you can buy brand new ones at the Levi Store up the street on Santa Fe. Just one of those things I will never be able to understand.

Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Very often they ask for what they paid for it new. (or more) Their rationale is that its now better then new because they took such good care of it!!
    Ha, ha!

It's funny cos it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]

e2a: in my experience, if it's an Argie selling something second hand then they're probably asking for approximately double what it's worth! ;-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwoppers  [View Original Post]
    I have a Iphone 4's for sale. Its unlocked and has all accessories in the the box.. Where can I sell it? I am in mardelplata...any help please.
    If you don't get any takers here, your best bet is www.mercadolibre.com.ar (the most popular of the local equivalents of eBay, although most things are sold at a fixed price rather than auctioned). Looks like people are asking between $4000 and $4500 on there, although that's no indication of how much they're actually selling for.

e2a: in my experience, if it's an Argie selling something second hand then they're probably asking for approximately double what it's worth! ;-)

I have a Iphone 4's for sale. Its unlocked and has all accessories in the the box.. Where can I sell it? I am in mardelplata...any help please.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    Can it be done via personel or a third party payment organization.
    If you have an Arg bank account you can do it via pagomiscuentas.com wherever you are.

Try Their Web Site.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    Can it be done via personel or a third party payment organization.
    This will take you to their Home Page:

http://www.personal.com.ar/

It looks like you can do it from here but I'm not sure if you can do it from there.

Your best bet is to have someone that is in BA to add credit to your phone.

Takes 2 minutes in most Kioscos.

They just need your number.

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer  [View Original Post]
    My SIM for my Blackberry from the US does not appear to work in Brasil so I am expecting the same problem when I arrive in Buenos Aires.

I arrive Thursday MORNING June 21 2013 (Bad timing.Touristic Holiday) and was planning on contacting some people to have some fun. Looks like I need to find a local SIM CARD real fast. Only need it for 3 days. Anyone have and idea on where I can get on on that day (holiday).

Thanks.
    Most kioskos sell them, and they are all over the city. They will be open when you arrive so you should not worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer  [View Original Post]
    My SIM for my Blackberry from the US does not appear to work in Brasil so I am expecting the same problem when I arrive in Buenos Aires.

I arrive Thursday MORNING June 21 2013 (Bad timing.Touristic Holiday) and was planning on contacting some people to have some fun. Looks like I need to find a local SIM CARD real fast. Only need it for 3 days. Anyone have and idea on where I can get on on that day (holiday).

Thanks.
    Hi Sorcerer.

We offer free Sim Cards and / or loaner phones upon arrival for those who take advantage of our premium chauffeured airport transfer service. We also offer financial services, so you can make the most out of your limited time here.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Need SIM Card

Thanks.

Posting Limitations