Thread: Planning a long trip

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Bartonsky
    Thanks. I get in Feb. 12 so anyone that wants to hang out let me know. I am curious to see how it feels compared to last year.

Bart

Nice looking itinerary!

Be sure to do your research on Rio, I've heard there are more tourist pitfalls and dangers compared with other places. As long as you do your due diligence and take appropriate precautions you should be OK. I am looking to get to Brasil some day but probably looking at Sao Paolo first.

I too hope you will be able to post details on your experiences in these places, and compare with BA.

Good travelling!

Kudos on your itinerary1 Although I have not been to some of your other locations, I think it adds to the mix.

I am interested to hear of your Rio and BA comparisons. The saunas, Help, and the beaches vs the privados, Black, and city activity. Good planning and buen viaje!

Finally booked!

I wavered back and forth but finally decided on:

5 days in Medellin.

11 days in BA.

4 days in Santiago.

10 days in Rio.

I hope I can post some great reports. Not til Feb. So I have a lot of time to kill. Gonna try to sharpen my broken Spanish.

More what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartonsky
    Cool, thx.

Why is Cusco better than Lima? Is there more going on there?

Thx.
    Cuzco is a great place to shop for crafts, and is the jumping off place for Macchu Pichu (the "Lost City" of the Incas) I don't know if you'll get many mongering opportunities in Cuzco, but it would be a shame to visit Peru and not see Macchu Pichu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resize of pMachuPicchu citadel 124t.jpg‎  

Cool, thx.

Why is Cusco better than Lima? Is there more going on there?

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    Limas OK but if you go to Peru, you should go to Cuzco and MP. (Machu Pichu not Monger Paridise)

It's OK

Quote Originally Posted by Esten
    I wouldn't spend a month in one place - it will start to get boring. Instead I would spend 1 week each in 4 different places (or more) Your last week you could return to your favorite place for another week.

For example:

Week 1 - BA.

Week 2 - 1/2 Cordoba, 1/2 Mendoza.

Week 3 - 1/2 Santiago Chile, 1/2 Lima Peru.

Week 4 - BA.

I would recommend Santiago Chile. The array of mongering options is not as vast as in BA but there is still plenty. There are some very high calibre night clubs (similar to Black and Madahos, perhaps better) but more expensive. Also lots of independants for incall or outcall. The city itself is also very interesting, and safe. I've also heard good things about Lima.

Of course there are some beautiful places further to the south (Bariloche, Patagonia) that may be of interest if you can do without mongering for a few days.
    Limas OK but if you go to Peru, you should go to Cuzco and MP. (Machu Pichu not Monger Paridise)

Thanks for the input. I guess my idea was trying to see what it would be like to live there. I have the opportunity to do that now which may not be available in the future. But perhaps your right it may get boring.

Thanks.

Bart

I wouldn't spend a month in one place - it will start to get boring. Instead I would spend 1 week each in 4 different places (or more) Your last week you could return to your favorite place for another week.

For example:

Week 1 - BA.
    Week 2 - 1/2 Cordoba, 1/2 Mendoza.
    Week 3 - 1/2 Santiago Chile, 1/2 Lima Peru.
    Week 4 - BA.

I would recommend Santiago Chile. The array of mongering options is not as vast as in BA but there is still plenty. There are some very high calibre night clubs (similar to Black and Madahos, perhaps better) but more expensive. Also lots of independants for incall or outcall. The city itself is also very interesting, and safe. I've also heard good things about Lima.

Of course there are some beautiful places further to the south (Bariloche, Patagonia) that may be of interest if you can do without mongering for a few days.

Month in BA?

Trying to decide whether to do a month in BA and 2 weeks in Rio or perhaps the opposite. Is a month in BA too long for a second visit?

Thanks

Other parts of Argentina?

Is it worth checking out Mendoza or another part of Argentina or best to stick to BA for the whole time there. I plan to spend about a month here in Feb. March.

Thanks

OK thanks for the feedback. I have been reading the forums and there is a wealth of info here. I really hope I get to meet some of the regular posters when I get there next here. I think it would be a lot of fun especially if I end up traveling alone.

I notice there are several posters who have posted thousands of time and are extremely experienced. They seem to be living the dream. I have often thought about just moving to a place like BA for a year just to experience it while I am still young. Are these people just extremely wealthy and in retirement or do they find jobs here in BA? I love to monger as much as the next guy but that would add up pretty quickly without current income.

Thanks.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bartonsky
    Thanks those are real helpful comments. I appreciate. Greco how long are you there in BA or you live there? I plan on going in late Jan. Or Feb. If you are there would love to trade war stories over a cold one.

Bart
    January I will be in Fortaleza / Brasil. February I plan a tour of central America.

Made some changes on previous post. Correct name is Rio Scenarium not Symposium.

If you have mongering in mind for all your destinations, IMHO write off Chile.

Thanks those are real helpful comments. I appreciate. Greco how long are you there in BA or you live there? I plan on going in late Jan. Or Feb. If you are there would love to trade war stories over a cold one.

Bart

Posting Limitations