Thread: BuenosAires habitat

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Bartonsky

Recoleta

That is a nice block. You have ample ATMs (Callao) restos and there is a good wine shop on the corner of Callao and Quintana (I think it is Quintana) There is good people watching to be done in front of La Briela (2+ blocks at Quintana & Ortiz) while drinking coffee and eating demi lunas. There is also a taxi stand right there almost at the front door of the cafe.

From that location, you are a stones throw from the Recoleta clubs and a few privados and a short hop to everything in Centro.

Quote Originally Posted by Potemkin
    In my apartment search I am considering one in Recoleta on Posadas between Ayacucho and Callao. Another is in Palermo Hollywood, on Ave. JB Justo. My question is: Is there some action (Clubs, chica cafes, etc. There in Palermo? I have a feeling that the first, Recoleta, location is far superior. It would be a short walk to a number of clubs, would it not? I would appreciate board member's opinion. May be I am underestimating Palermo Hollywood.
    Palermo Hollywood sucks—for a lot of different reasons. There are chicas nearby, but not many.

Go Recoleta

Quote Originally Posted by Potemkin
    In my apartment search I am considering one in Recoleta on Posadas between Ayacucho and Callao. Another is in Palermo Hollywood, on Ave. JB Justo. My question is: Is there some action (Clubs, chica cafes, etc. There in Palermo? I have a feeling that the first, Recoleta, location is far superior. It would be a short walk to a number of clubs, would it not? I would appreciate board member's opinion. May be I am underestimating Palermo Hollywood.
    I'd go with the Recoleta location. And yes, walking distance to many clubs and other points of interest. Or, a short cab ride. For a first time, or infrequent visitor, Palermo can be a little confusing. It's spread out and can be a little more difficult to navigate. Some folks might disagree with me.

Recoleta versus Palermo?

In my apartment search I am considering one in Recoleta on Posadas between Ayacucho and Callao. Another is in Palermo Hollywood, on Ave. JB Justo. My question is: Is there some action (Clubs, chica cafes, etc. there in Palermo? I have a feeling that the first, Recoleta, location is far superior. It would be a short walk to a number of clubs, would it not? I would appreciate board member's opinion. May be I am underestimating Palermo Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan
    The truth is it's all subjective
    Great point. Apologies for not acknowledging my geographical bias.

Most all of my Bs As experience has originated from the intersection of VL and Junin (or nearby on Posadas) While I knew that a world existed beyond the general vicinity, I cared little to wonder because I was fat and happy.

Then brother Exon was so kind as to take me aside and share with me some of his wisdom and encouragement to ask more of myself (I. E. get in a taxi) which, opened my eyes to new horizons (located in the infamous triangle) which on first attempt (flying solo with a decent buzz on) resulted in a home run, no hassles no problems, nothing but net.

I have tried to pop into El Alamo on multiple of occasions and was turned away buy the doorman for capacity reasons or some other issue (I resemble the elephant man or no hablo bien, whatever) So I cannot opine on the value of being near that particular venue. I haven't felt the need to expend any effort to try again. However, if the bikini contests were reinstated, I would go stand in line in a second.

My hotel room usually has a large flat screen tv or two, lots of drinks, etc and (thanks to Jackson's Chica-Magnet-Magic program and the contributors herein) lots of beautiful chicas.

Therefore, I must concur with BM (as I do on a twice-a-day basis, with sports page in hand) that it is purely subjective and your happiness will be relative to that which you are accustomed and what you expect rather than the experience of other blokes in.

The truth is it's all subjective. Some people like the area and some people probably don't. I personally like it though I prefer other areas much more.

What I can say that sounds less like personal opinion and more of tangible facts is, the area is considered very safe, it is a very upper end central location. And Barrio Norte is Recoleta, so there really is no difference between the two. And as Sidney just mentioned, there are plenty of good restaurants, bars and clubs.

If you really like the area, take a look at this apartment.

http://www.rentingba.com/furnished-a..._de_Alvear.htm

Nice 2 bedroom Luxury apartment right on Libertad and Marcelo T.

Regards,

BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartonsky
    Does anyone have any opinions on being in the Barrio Norte on the edge of the Recoletta? Specifically near Libertad & Marcelo T. De Alvear. Is this to far from the mix. I can see it on the map but hard to tell whats going on there?

Thanks

Libertad and M. T. De Alvear

I walk that route quite frequently. It is only about 10 blocks, give or take. But, it wouldn't be nearly as convenient as rolling out of bed in the vicinity of Junin and Vinny Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartonsky
    Does anyone have any opinions on being in the Barrio Norte on the edge of the Recoletta? Specifically near Libertad & Marcelo T. De Alvear. Is this to far from the mix. I can see it on the map but hard to tell whats going on there?

Thanks

Barrio Norte?

Thanks

Great Experiences

I've had great experiences with BA Habitat. They have a couple of apartments that are quite nice and very near the action that you won't have to pay a lot for.

OK thanks. Its amazing how bad some of these rental sites are. This apartmentba. Com gets a lot of press and his site is the worst I have used. I think you can pay college intern to upgrade that site for a few thousand. I basically gave up trying to find an apt on the site even though I had a good experience there last year because its so annoying to search the site and the people DO NOT respond. There is nothing but pure laziness to explain how poor some of these apt rental site are constructed.

I have found a few others whose sites are better. I will post my experience once I pick one and see how it goes.

Great Experience

I rented from them about a year ago. They were excellent to work with.

At first I was nervous, about giving them a $500 deposit, so I gave it to them in the form of Travelers Checks. I don't know if that made a difference, but on the last day they came to pick up the keys and gave me back my deposit.

If I were going to rent another apartment I would probably go threw them. However the owner called me during the stay. I probably should have gotten his number and gone threw him in the future. However, I would definately recommend them.

BuenosAires habitat

Anyone ever rent from here. I am looking for a 2 bedroom. Been killing myself with the terrible customer service at apartmentsba.com.

I rented there last here and went fine but its hard to get a hold of anyone there.

Thanks.

Bart

Posting Limitations