Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 439 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Winner 2017 Noob of the year

A good way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMic  [View Original Post]
    Rumour has it Hof died in the saddle servicing one of his local pros.

RIP Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by JimBob  [View Original Post]
    Terrible it seems we actually would have got someone in government who cares about peoples' rights to buy and sell sex.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-election.html
    Rumour has it Hof died in the saddle servicing one of his local pros.

Winner 2017 Noob of the year

Dennis Hof (Bunny Ranch owner) dies before elections

Terrible it seems we actually would have got someone in government who cares about peoples' rights to buy and sell sex.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-election.html

Please

I like the Little R's better than the Big Ass in the White House, but they are afraid that Trump will ask his bed Partner Putin to kill the ones that do not agree with Him..

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    That's part of the problem. I'm not a Republican (big "R"), I'm a republican (little "R").
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trump.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Aren't they all Republicans?
    That's part of the problem. I'm not a Republican (big "R"), I'm a republican (little "R").

It looks like you are still watching the Fake News channel Fox?
    I don't watch any news these days. I prefer to read it.

I figured I poke my head in a tweak a few of you guys.

I hope you are well. I appreciate your posts.

Republicans

Aren't they all Republicans?

Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    Thank God, Obama's reign of terror is over.

Should we post in this thread about Brennen, Lynch, Comey, McCabe, Page, Strozk, and Clapper and their coming criminal prosecutions or should we start a new thread for that?

Thank God, Obama's reign of terror is over.

Should we post in this thread about Brennen, Lynch, Comey, McCabe, Page, Strozk, and Clapper and their coming criminal prosecutions or should we start a new thread for that?

Wrong Thread

Sorry.

This should have been in the Trump Thread.

Too Funny:

White House Correspondents Dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbx...ature=youtu.be

Gary.

Cspan

Too Funny:

White House Correspondents Dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbx...ature=youtu.be

Gary.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WorldTravel69 For This Post:

Bob, sorry this is very late

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    Interesting Shawman. Thank you.

I'm sure you are aware of offsetting studies, one of which contains this paragraph:

"Altogether, according to the state and local tax data analysispublished by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP)undocumented immigrants contribute about $11.6 billion to the economy annually, including nearly $7 billion in sales and excise taxes and $3.6 billion in property taxes. They are, in economic terms, productive citizens, and pay a higher effective tax rate than the top 1 percent income bracket. That alone is not the primary reason they should be embraced as neighbors and coworkers. But it dissolves the myth that immigrants do nothing but drain public coffers.".

(source: https://www.thenation.com/article/un...omy-each-year/).

And many illegal immigrants pay federal income taxes (one reason being that they don't want to damage their chances should another amnesty program come along).

This is a contentious issue only because we are trying to have it both ways. We want low produce prices and inexpensive landscaping etc. But we say that we don't want the immigrant laborers who make such prices possible. It's similar to the outsourcing issue. We want to go to Walmart and buy cheap clothing etc. But we don't want jobs sent overseas.

See this article ( http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/us...ant-labor.html) for one farmer's experience trying to hire US citizens to do harvesting instead of importing labor from Mexico.

Thanks again for the references.

Bob.
    My bad if im bumping this thread too hard, but i just caught it now. Again, my bad. I would refer you to the "truth about immigration" presentation by stefan molyneaux, its on y.o.u.t.u.b.e. It directly addresses the core of your argument. Its incredibly thorough and cites all sources. Highly recommended!

I wasn't attacking anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Here we go again, why didn't you post all of the response which did engage your argument?

Now you guys are doing two things which indicated you have lost the argument - pipe dreams and name calling / denigration of the other side.

In case you have not noticed the political power is currently in Trump's court. The first thing the bone headed Republican House does is try to gut the very partisan ethics unit. One tweet from Trump and they backed off.

I would prefer to see an independent ethics unit along the lines of a special prosecutor with the power to subpoena documents and seek indictments - but they would have to be totally non-partisan not like the panel we have now which reports to Congress. You would see a lot of Democrats and Republicans going down in flames, a proposition I have no problem with.

Gentlemen, lets just argue and dispense with the personal attacks, it only indicates you have lost the argument.
    I said it's not something I wanted to see happen and I agree with you about the ethics thing. There's some choices Trump has made that I disagree with but there's been more than a few that I think have been good. I certainly have reservations about Trump but as Obama said, "elections have consequences" and the people spoke and Trump got elected, I'm willing to see what he does. This is nothing new from me, you can ask el jeffe if you want, he and I have spoken about this several times.

As for my prediction I stand by it and the offer to buy you supper if it's wrong.

Typical Liberals/Progressives

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I'm not 100% sure that the Republicans will let him make it through his whole term. I'm thinking it's 50/50 that Pence is president when 2020 rolls around and that the Republicans controlling the Senate and House (not the Dems mind you) are the ones that will make it happen.

I think, don't know but think, that something pretty serious may end up coming out of this Russian thing. I know all the neo cons are going to immediately denounce this as that seems to be the strategy. I'm not saying that I want that to happen, I'm saying I think it's better than 50/50 that it will.

Just getting on record, if I'm wrong and he's still holding office come November of 2020 Doppelganger will be invited to supper any place he would like to go and it will be my treat.

In any event, it's going to be interesting to watch.

DR.
    Here we go again, why didn't you post all of the response which did engage your argument?

Now you guys are doing two things which indicated you have lost the argument - pipe dreams and name calling / denigration of the other side.

In case you have not noticed the political power is currently in Trump's court. The first thing the bone headed Republican House does is try to gut the very partisan ethics unit. One tweet from Trump and they backed off.

I would prefer to see an independent ethics unit along the lines of a special prosecutor with the power to subpoena documents and seek indictments - but they would have to be totally non-partisan not like the panel we have now which reports to Congress. You would see a lot of Democrats and Republicans going down in flames, a proposition I have no problem with.

Gentlemen, lets just argue and dispense with the personal attacks, it only indicates you have lost the argument.

Posting Limitations