This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    We knew we could count on you to post this and continue your political agenda, because that's all you do on this board.
    Look who's talking!

Quote Originally Posted by Punter 127  [View Original Post]
    Obama Gets PolitiFact's 'Lie Of The Year' Prize For Healthcare Claims
    "Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."

George Constanza

ROFLMAO.

We knew we could count on you to post this and continue your political agenda, because that's all you do on this board.
    No doubt your an expert on political agendas. This is a political thread you know.

BTW.

Have you ever mongered in Argentina?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punter127  [View Original Post]
    Hey Esten
    Have you ever been to plant earth?

Both question seem a bit odd being on this thread. However I find yours somewhat intriguing, so I will answer it. But before I answer I would like to know why you would ask me such a question?
    Sorry for the typo with the word planet, but I'm still waiting for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter127  [View Original Post]

Better luck next year Esten.

Administrator

Exactly. IBD is another trashy, right-wing propaganda media outlet, like Breitbart, Newsmax, HotAir, Michelle Malkin and Rush Limbaugh.
    I love it! You contrast a handful of conservative media outlets to a mountain of liberal media outlets and then declare parity.

Quote Originally Posted by TatuHei  [View Original Post]
    Jonathan Turley cannot be characterized simply as a "liberal." He has a strong libertarian streak. For example, he takes the libertarian position on the Second Amendment. He tends to enjoy controversy, and he has been extremely critical of all recent presidents, regardless of party.[snip]
    If being critical of all recent Presidents makes you a libertarian than I must be one. I think most libertarians tend to fall in the “liberal” camp at least on some issue, especially social issue. But being a liberal or a libertarian doesn't take away from the validity of the Jonathan Turley statements.

While libertarians tend to be liberal on many issues todays Democrat party is not “liberal” it's progressive totalitarianism, (aka: nannyism) and that's a far cry from being “liberal”.

Now I know Investors Business Daily is not on the approved reading list so here's a little (“selected”) snip from the WSJ, (probably not on the approved reading list either.)
    President Obama's decision last week to suspend the employer mandate of the Affordable Care Act may be welcome relief to businesses affected by this provision, but it raises grave concerns about his understanding of the role of the executive in our system of government. The Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel, which advises the president on legal and constitutional issues, has repeatedly opined that the president may decline to enforce laws he believes are unconstitutional. But these opinions have always insisted that the president has no authority, as one such memo put it in 1990, to "refuse to enforce a statute he opposes for policy reasons." Attorneys general under Presidents Carter, Reagan, both Bushes and Clinton all agreed on this point. With the exception of Richard Nixon, whose refusals to spend money appropriated by Congress were struck down by the courts, no prior president has claimed the power to negate a law that is concededly constitutional.

In 1998, the Supreme Court struck down a congressional grant of line-item veto authority to the president to cancel spending items in appropriations. The reason? The only constitutional power the president has to suspend or repeal statutes is to veto a bill or propose new legislation. Writing for the court in Clinton v. City of New York, Justice John Paul Stevens noted: "There is no provision in the Constitution that authorizes the president to enact, to amend, or to repeal statutes." The employer mandate in the Affordable Care Act contains no provision allowing the president to suspend, delay or repeal it. Section 1513(d) states in no uncertain terms that "The amendments made by this section shall apply to months beginning after December 31, 2013."
    Does Obama think ObamaCare is unconstitutional, is he seeking to have it repealed?

The other front-page tactic of IBD is to take a fact and bend it every which way it can to make an anti-Obama statement. IBD is very worried that the bill it detests won't be implemented on schedule. How's that? It might make some sense for a Jonathan Turley, who likes the ACA, to complain about a delay in implementation. However, no one on the right seems to see that it is a bit of a paradox to be upset about a delay in something bad. "Captain, I hereby object that this ship is sinking so slowly.

The fact is that Presidents of both parties for the last 250 years have sometimes delayed the implementation of legislation. G. W. Bush took it a step beyond that by making an unprecedented number of signing ceremonies in which he said he simply wasn't going to implement parts of the legislation at all. Not a delay, a total refusal. This is a matter of record.
    I think you miss the point IBD was making, the problem is not that it was delayed, the problem is Obama overstepped his authority. While it's true that other Presidents have refused to enforce legislation they did so on the ground of Constitutionality. Under the Constitution, if the President thinks a part of a bill to be unconstitutional, then he should veto. It is true that Presidents of both parties have refused to enforce what they thought were unconstitutional laws, including laws they signed, again on ground of Constitutionality. In my opinion Bush showed disregard for the Constitution but at least he claimed he was doing it on the ground of constitutionality and there was pushback on Bush for his actions. I don't think Obama can make the Constitutional claim and that makes his actions totally different from the others in the past and unconstitutional. IMHO

“Even some Democrats were also dismayed by the White House’s actions. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee and an author of the health law, questioned whether Mr. Obama had the authority to unilaterally delay the employer mandate. “This was the law. How can they change the law?” he asked.”

There is only one legitimate reason not to enforce a law and that's the Constitution. Even if past Presidents wrongly refused to enforce laws it doesn’t justify Obamas failure to enforce the law. I was taught as a wee lad that two wrongs do not equal a right, but they may not teach such thing in government schools today.

Hey Punter
    Hey Esten
    Have you ever been to plant earth?

Both question seem a bit odd being on this thread. However I find yours somewhat intriguing, so I will answer it. But before I answer I would like to know why you would ask me such a question?

You know me so well!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    Did it just fly over my head, or were others also unaware that Black Shirt has become an ordained minister?

What's your angle Black Shirt? Living life tax free in Bangkok? Or did you create the Church of BS? If so it sounds like a great business model, you just get people to send you money. Your margins must be fantastic.
    Everything you claim is true. But first, I have to find some believers. And I have had to give up the hedonistic practice of going to massage joints! Desperation can lead to ingeniouty.

Obama shook hands with Raul Castro

The Republicans are going Crazy.

Rushdrugbom still on Opiates, or what ever they were. Thank God he will be on less networks next Year.

Six or so marriages, the guy that hates women.

No Kids.

I think he is secret closet faggot.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...shake/3967087/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...erlain-hitler/

McCain shook hands with Muammar Gaddafi. But Gaddafi was a good man of lighter color.

But that is a little White Mistake.

The problem is that Cuba is a great country for us Mongers to go to, but the Politicians do not want us to have Fun.

PS: I forgot to tell you I have been there and the Chicas are waiting for Us.

Reverend BS

Did it just fly over my head, or were others also unaware that Black Shirt has become an ordained minister?

What's your angle Black Shirt? Living life tax free in Bangkok? Or did you create the Church of BS? If so it sounds like a great business model, you just get people to send you money. Your margins must be fantastic.

Hey Punter

Jonathan Turley cannot be characterized simply as a "liberal." He has a strong libertarian streak. For example, he takes the libertarian position on the Second Amendment. He tends to enjoy controversy, and he has been extremely critical of all recent presidents, regardless of party.

Investors Business Daily, like some of the commentators on Fox, loves to cite the New York Times and other "liberal" organizations and individuals when they say something critical of Obama. Of course, IBD ridicules the same sources if they say something good about Obama. The difference between responsible media and IBD is that responsible media are very critical of the President at times whereas IBD will tirelessly work to throw dirt on Obama regardless of what Obama does. In other words, responsible media are still able to see pros and cons. They can accept the idea that there might be an alternative way to look at something. They have not become the hate media like the IBD. Furthermore, they don't put editorials on the front page masquerading as news articles.
    Exactly. IBD is another trashy, right-wing propaganda media outlet, like Breitbart, Newsmax, HotAir, Michelle Malkin and Rush Limbaugh. An informed news consumer with basic critical thinking skills, will immediately recognize their "news" for the garbage it is.

The Times and almost all the other liberal media have harshly and repeatedly criticized the Obama Administration for NSA surveillance. Also many liberal publications have criticized Obama in the strongest terms for expanding the war in Afghanistan. The reason Obama's popularity is down is that many people on the left have given up on him for taking a militaristic stance on the world and for overemphasis on national security. I have written several letters to the editors of the Times that they have lost the big picture in being overly critical of this president.

IBD itself has frequently cited Times' editorials that were critical of the President. So has Hannity. Facts continue to be pesky to minds that are not closed.

Is the repetition of haha and ROTFLMAO really that good of a strategy for discourse?. A puerile attempt to humiliate someone with an opposing point of view.. Or maybe just the end-of-day remark of a drowsy emperor who would know better in the morning.
    Jackson has a point. Look at this link, it will show you contributions by journalists to Democrat and Republican candidates in the 2012 election, after Obama expanded the war in Afghanistan but before the NSA controversy:

http://www.campaignmoney.com/finance...ria=journalist

I started counting and got about 1/3rd of the way through the list before I quit. At that point, 92% of contributions from journalists were directed towards Democrat candidates, Bernie Sanders and a Green candidate. And 8% were directed towards Republican candidates and a Libertarian candidate. I wasn't counting PAC's or national or state parties, because I didn't know who some of the PAC's supported.

Journalists are overwhelmingly biased in favor of Obama and the Democrat party.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Just read the Times and the Post and you will see

The Times and almost all the other liberal media have harshly and repeatedly criticized the Obama Administration for NSA surveillance. Also many liberal publications have criticized Obama in the strongest terms for expanding the war in Afghanistan. The reason Obama's popularity is down is that many people on the left have given up on him for taking a militaristic stance on the world and for overemphasis on national security. I have written several letters to the editors of the Times that they have lost the big picture in being overly critical of this president.

IBD itself has frequently cited Times' editorials that were critical of the President. So has Hannity. Facts continue to be pesky to minds that are not closed.

Is the repetition of haha and ROTFLMAO really that good of a strategy for discourse?. A puerile attempt to humiliate someone with an opposing point of view.. Or maybe just the end-of-day remark of a drowsy emperor who would know better in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

ROTFLMAO!

The funniest part is that, from your seat, you really believe that the lamestream media actually is "very critical" of Obama.

ROTFLMAO!

Please stop it. You're killing me.

Jax.

Administrator

...that responsible media are very critical of the President at times...
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

ROTFLMAO!

The funniest part is that, from your seat, you really believe that the lamestream media actually is "very critical" of Obama.

ROTFLMAO!

Please stop it. You're killing me.

Jax.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Posting Limitations