This forum thread is moderated by Admin

I can't believe I 'm biting on this bait

Jonathan Turley cannot be characterized simply as a "liberal." He has a strong libertarian streak. For example, he takes the libertarian position on the Second Amendment. He tends to enjoy controversy, and he has been extremely critical of all recent presidents, regardless of party.

Investors Business Daily, like some of the commentators on Fox, loves to cite the New York Times and other "liberal" organizations and individuals when they say something critical of Obama. Of course, IBD ridicules the same sources if they say something good about Obama. The difference between responsible media and IBD is that responsible media are very critical of the President at times whereas IBD will tirelessly work to throw dirt on Obama regardless of what Obama does. In other words, responsible media are still able to see pros and cons. They can accept the idea that there might be an alternative way to look at something. They have not become the hate media like the IBD. Furthermore, they don't put editorials on the front page masquerading as news articles.

Case in point: Prior to the deadline for the sequester, IBD daily attacked Obama on the front page for his responsibility in legislating an automatic sequester if the two parties could not come to a budget deal. According to IBD, the sequester was all Obama's idea. But then, after the sequester kicked in and Republicans started saying, heh, this is good not bad, IBD changed its stance 180 degrees on the sequester and the responsibility for the sequester. Look it up. But you won't find anyone who wrote in IBD about the radical change. Nor do they publish truly critical letters to the editor. It is just one example of how IBD will attack the President no matter what he does. Objectivism must have something to do with being objective, no?

The other front-page tactic of IBD is to take a fact and bend it every which way it can to make an anti-Obama statement. IBD is very worried that the bill it detests won't be implemented on schedule. How's that? It might make some sense for a Jonathan Turley, who likes the ACA, to complain about a delay in implementation. However, no one on the right seems to see that it is a bit of a paradox to be upset about a delay in something bad. "Captain, I hereby object that this ship is sinking so slowly.

The fact is that Presidents of both parties for the last 250 years have sometimes delayed the implementation of legislation. G. W. Bush took it a step beyond that by making an unprecedented number of signing ceremonies in which he said he simply wasn't going to implement parts of the legislation at all. Not a delay, a total refusal. This is a matter of record.

Let's go back to definitions. A lie involves purposeful deception. IBD loves to throw around the word lie. The President made a serious error. There is no evidence that he lied. George Bush didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction. But it was a vastly larger error. Of course, libertarians are going to say that they hate Bush too (now, not then). That is because they advocate an Ayn Rand utopia that never existed and that could not exist, given human nature.

The ACA will be implemented. Insurance companies in the future will not be able to deny coverage to people without preexisting conditions even though there might be glitches now. Small employers will ultimately save money through pools that were not previously available. People will no longer be able to freeload off expensive and free emergency room care without paying their fair share. Many millions of people who have no coverage now will have coverage. This will be a boon to hard-pressed hospitals and will lead to decreases in costs. Over time a public option will be implemented to see if a Medicare-type system could me more efficient than what is offered by insurers. It will be implemented if we really believe in competition and data. And Investors Business Daily will be writing editorials about the lying dictator who is weak and inexperienced but dangerous as Hitler but now helplessly pathetic, regardless of what Obama does or what happens in the future. That is not consistency. It is compulsive hate.

Let me just for a moment play by IBD's own rules of smear: IBD might possibly be just a front-running investment cheat whose data crunchers take stock positions and then tell their readers what to buy, to push the price up. Even if not, the IBD style of investment is oriented only to short-term speculations, with quick trading out. It's legal, but it is not a way to build an economy.

Let me follow my own rule and find something good about IBD. They are putting good at identifying market conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter127  [View Original Post]
    Obama Is The Danger Constitution Was Designed To Avoid

"President Obama "extended the employer mandate for a year, even though the law says 'shall commence in each month after December of 2013.' He extended the individual mandate, stretched that out and now the small-package plans. There's at least three times that he's violated the Constitution with ObamaCare.

When confronted with his lies that under ObamaCare you could keep your plan and doctor if you like them, and millions were losing the coverage they liked, the president held a press conference where he decreed that insurance companies could violate the "law of the land" and reissue policies that did not contain Obama-Care's 10 essential mandates, if only for a year.

This prompted Jonathan Turley, a liberal law professor at George Washington University and supporter of the Affordable Care Act, to tell the House Judiciary Committee at a Dec. 3 hearing, titled "The President's Constitutional Duty to Faithfully Execute the Laws," that Obama's abuse of executive power has grown to the point that "he's becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid."

Turley cited the "radical expansion of presidential powers" and the rise of what he termed the "fourth branch" of government — massive federal departments and agencies that can write regulations that have the effect of law written by unelected bureaucrats often contrary to the will of Congress and the American people."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...xzz2 mpiCQEKj.

Time for America and the folks on the left to wake up. It's really unbelievable how many lies Obama has told us.

Another ObamaCare Lie: Protecting Those With Pre-Existing Conditions

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...obbers-you.htm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatu Hei For This Post:

Nelson Mandela, what we can take from him.

Bravery, Honesty, Humility Compassion, Forgiveness, Unity. Just choose any one of these to strive for in your daily encounters, and you will be a better man.

For me, I am a coward at heart, but the rest, I think can I work on them.

Obama Is The Danger Constitution Was Designed To Avoid

"President Obama "extended the employer mandate for a year, even though the law says 'shall commence in each month after December of 2013.' He extended the individual mandate, stretched that out and now the small-package plans. There's at least three times that he's violated the Constitution with ObamaCare.

When confronted with his lies that under ObamaCare you could keep your plan and doctor if you like them, and millions were losing the coverage they liked, the president held a press conference where he decreed that insurance companies could violate the "law of the land" and reissue policies that did not contain Obama-Care's 10 essential mandates, if only for a year.

This prompted Jonathan Turley, a liberal law professor at George Washington University and supporter of the Affordable Care Act, to tell the House Judiciary Committee at a Dec. 3 hearing, titled "The President's Constitutional Duty to Faithfully Execute the Laws," that Obama's abuse of executive power has grown to the point that "he's becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid."

Turley cited the "radical expansion of presidential powers" and the rise of what he termed the "fourth branch" of government — massive federal departments and agencies that can write regulations that have the effect of law written by unelected bureaucrats often contrary to the will of Congress and the American people."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...xzz2 mpiCQEKj.

Time for America and the folks on the left to wake up. It's really unbelievable how many lies Obama has told us.

Another ObamaCare Lie: Protecting Those With Pre-Existing Conditions

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...obbers-you.htm

Yes, this site is Free

But on International site they have to pay for info.

Do You?

They would like more information for what they pay for.

I will get back to you on my Working Life.

I am proud of it. Do you want a PM or Public info I do not Care.

Hot Metal Type was Heavy, no sitting on you ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    This site is free, even though there's no advertising. ISG effectively operates on contributions, as you can use it without paying. We should be grateful.

Have you ever done any physically demanding work? Don't get me wrong, I have the highest respect for what you used to do, as it requires brains and a bit of artistry. I had to give it up when I couldn't graduate from a Multilith (one and two color press) to a Heidelberg (4 color). But it's not physically demanding, at all. It's better than a desk job IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    So, when are you going to fix the hotlinks on the left? It has been mentioned by me and others for over a year.

What happened to the Venue link in the top bar?

Also you said way back when that you were going to make Colombia's site the same as this one.

What happened?

Yes, I was wrong about you not doing real work. Sorry.
    This site is free, even though there's no advertising. ISG effectively operates on contributions, as you can use it without paying. We should be grateful.

Have you ever done any physically demanding work? Don't get me wrong, I have the highest respect for what you used to do, as it requires brains and a bit of artistry. I had to give it up when I couldn't graduate from a Multilith (one and two color press) to a Heidelberg (4 color). But it's not physically demanding, at all. It's better than a desk job IMO.

Hotlinks

So, when are you going to fix the hotlinks on the left? It has been mentioned by me and others for over a year.

What happened to the Venue link in the top bar?

Also you said way back when that you were going to make Colombia's site the same as this one.

What happened?

Yes, I was wrong about you not doing real work. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    For the record, my website handles more that 100,000 unique visitors every day, all without crashing, and I didn't pay $200,000,000 to get it built, thank you.

and while I'm at it...

Also for the record, I worked as a framing carpenter through high school and college summers, and continued working as a framing contractor for several years thereafter until my early thirties. Any of you who have framed houses knows that it's physically grueling work. Over the years I've used mallets to break up frozen dirt to dig footers, swept snow off slabs to frame walls in the freezing cold, and humped roof trusses and laid plywood in the broiling sun, so don't give me any fucking bullshit about if I've actually done "a physical days work" in my life.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    It is the web site that has the problems not the ACA... You know it is like the web site you have been trying to work on for the last 10 years.
    For the record, my website handles more that 100,000 unique visitors every day, all without crashing, and I didn't pay $200,000,000 to get it built, thank you.

and while I'm at it...

Jackson have ever really did {done} a physical days work in your life? Do you know what a shovel is?
    Also for the record, I worked as a framing carpenter through high school and college summers, and continued working as a framing contractor for several years thereafter until my early thirties. Any of you who have framed houses knows that it's physically grueling work. Over the years I've used mallets to break up frozen dirt to dig footers, swept snow off slabs to frame walls in the freezing cold, and humped roof trusses and laid plywood in the broiling sun, so don't give me any fucking bullshit about if I've actually done "a physical days work" in my life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Of course, we would not expect a Serial Obama Denigrator to be familiar with the many good things this administration has been doing. (selected)
    Turnabout being fair play, I think it appropriate to point out that this statement came from one of the many Serial Republican Denigrators on this forum.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

ACA provides new tools to fight fraud and abuse

Every recent administration has gone after waste, fraud and abuse in Medicaid and Medicare. The passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010 simply gave HHS new tools to use. For example, HHS no longer has to follow the "pay and chase" model, but can take steps to screen out and prevent / stop abuse in the first place. These tools would not exist without ACA. The following year, a record $4.1 Billion was recovered.

http://www.healthaffairs.org/healthp...hp?brief_id=72

In fiscal year 2011 the combined efforts by CMS, the Department of Justice, and HHS's Office of Inspector General resulted in criminal health care fraud charges against 1,430 defendants; 743 criminal convictions; 977 new investigations of civil health care fraud; and the recovery of $4.1 billion, the highest annual amount recovered in a single year, though still woefully short of the estimated annual loss. CMS officials said that during the same period, the agency revoked the Medicare billing privileges of 4,850 providers and suppliers and deactivated an additional 56,733 billing numbers.
    Of course, we would not expect a Serial Obama Denigrator to be familiar with the many good things this administration has been doing.

Just trying to bring a little levity to the Christmas Season: For Liberals / Progressives this is a joke.

Barack Obama has a heart-attack and passes away.

He immediately goes to hell, where the devil is waiting for him.

"I don't know what to do here," says the devil.

"You are on my list Obama, but I have no room for you. You definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do."

"I've got a few folks here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves."

Obama thought that sounded pretty good, so the devil opened the door to the first room. In it was Ted Kennedy and a large pool of water. Ted kept diving in, and surfacing, empty handed. Over, and over, and over he dived in and surfaced with nothing.

Such was his fate in hell.

"No," Obama said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer, and I don't think I could do that all day long."

The devil led him to the door of the next room. In it was Al Gore with a sledge-hammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time.

"No, this is no good; I've got this problem with my shoulder. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day," commented Obama.

The devil opened a third door. Through it, Obama saw Bill Clinton, lying on the bed, his arms tied over his head, and his legs restrained in a spread-eagle pose.

Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best.

Obama looked at this in shocked disbelief, and finally said, "Yeah man, I can handle this."

The devil smiled and said.

"OK, Monica, you're free to go."

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Administrator

In fact, there is an article in the NY Times and the SF Chronicle, about because of the Act the overcharging for Procedures and Medicine is being investigated.
    As if they couldn't conduct these kinds of investigations before ObummerCare.

Does anyone remember 5 years ago when Obama was selling his ObamaCare plan, when he stated that $500 million of the funding would come from the elimination of "waste, fraud and abuse" in the Medicaid and Medicare systems?

Ever since then, I've been thinking that if Obama thought he could save $500 million a year by eliminating "waste, fraud and abuse", then why the fuck didn't he forge ahead then so we could all benefit from the savings now.

Or was that yet another lie from the President?

Thanks,

Jax

Click image for larger version

Name:	you-can-keep-your-own-doctor.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	28909

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Dear Clueless

It is the web site that has the problems not the ACA... You know it is like the web site you have been trying to work on for the last 10 years.

In fact, there is an article in the NY Times and the SF Chronicle, about because of the Act the overcharging for Procedures and Medicine is being investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Of course, the most important thing is that we're not talking about the ObamaCare diaster!

Administrator

I agree we need to hear more.

I have been there, I am not clear on what our problems are to theirs.

I know their's is really bad.

The only impeachment should be the Do Nothing Congress. But that is to the Voters.
    Of course, the most important thing is that we're not talking about the ObamaCare diaster!

Thailand

I agree we need to hear more.

I have been there, I am not clear on what our problems are to theirs.

I know their's is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    And from the NY Times, "Thai protests reflect searing divisions of a changing country". Thomas Fuller, December 3, 2013 (selected).

"Millions of erstwhile farmers have risen into the middle class and clamoring for more representation. The old elite including the established middle class, doesn't want to tolerate their participation. We are educated, and we know best. We know what is right and wrong. But the poor don't know anything. They elect people who give them money.

In all societies, politics need time to adjust to large social transformation, you have to give Thailand more time."

And here at home sweet home, it's "Here we come. Time for impeachment", says the posse. At least, a little more civilized than lynching.
    The only impeachment should be the Do Nothing Congress. But that is to the Voters.

Same, same, no different!

Quote Originally Posted by TatuHei  [View Original Post]
    How can a patriotic American say that he wishes a President would fail, or that his entire legislative strategy is to prevent a President's re-election?
    And from the NY Times, "Thai protests reflect searing divisions of a changing country". Thomas Fuller, December 3, 2013 (selected).

"Millions of erstwhile farmers have risen into the middle class and clamoring for more representation. The old elite including the established middle class, doesn't want to tolerate their participation. We are educated, and we know best. We know what is right and wrong. But the poor don't know anything. They elect people who give them money.

In all societies, politics need time to adjust to large social transformation, you have to give Thailand more time."

And here at home sweet home, it's "Here we come. Time for impeachment", says the posse. At least, a little more civilized than lynching.

Posting Limitations