Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 439 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

This is a good one.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ecedented.html

Republicans feel more allegiance to Benjamin Netanyahu than Barrack Obama.

I have to apologize for not consulting with the locals about Obama when I was in Nairobi a few weeks ago. Too much fun there, forgot all about the politics & hate.

This one made me laugh

Guess she can't be all that bad..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150418_hookhill_0.jpg‎  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BadMan For This Post:

Bipartisan initiative.

So now we are arming AND training these guys. Are Americans proud yet? Winning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stepan-bandera1.jpg‎   lviv-6.jpg‎   00-s-a-bandera-17-07-14.jpg‎   3530113847.jpg‎  

300 U.S. Paratroopers arrive in Ukraine to train the neo nationalists

Well at least we have that. Who needs the AIIB?

Arriving at Lvov, the capital of Banderastan no less. Very symbolic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails size0.jpg‎   size0 (3).jpg‎   size0 (4).jpg‎  

Crybabies

And this is what we are left with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails econ.png‎  

My favorite patriots are the ones that don't even live in their own country

How can you? U.S. Citizens have allowed the country to be taken over by a bunch of kleptocrats and plutocrats while they keep yapping about republican democrat blah blah blah. And next election we get to choose between a Clinton and a bush. What a democracy. All the while serious governments around the world are doing their job while not having to bomb countries willy nilly. Hoi polloi get the government's they deserve. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    Pride & Stubborness over Pragmatism. How can you identify yourself a patriot?

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted because it constituted more anti-American hate-speech in yet another attempt by Rev BS to gleefully decry the what he believes is the inevitable extinction of the USA.

Here is a take on Clinton's entry into the Presidential race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/16/op...men-again.html

BLS=BS?

Even the FED has to admit it. Now all future arguments that quote the BLS stats, you will be rightfully ridiculed because it's no longer ignorance. It's just plain stupid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Philly Fed BLS.jpg‎  

http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/?p=8324

I remember 1938 as well as what happened a year later.

The rest of you will just have to read about it.

Don B.

American Politics

Funny I thought there was a thread already.

This one is about Drugs and Politics.

Don't miss seeing this.

"Kill the Messenger".

I am sure the Government does not want you to watch this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1216491/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    I profess no knowledge of Sri Lanka's economic story except to say that everything about Sri Lanka in the last 50 years has to be taken within the context of the civil strife that plague and consume the life out of Sri Lanka at every level.

If it were not for China's emergence as an economic power & leader during this time, what you describe of Sri Lanka is close to universal in lesser developed countries. And don't laugh, but Brazil might even fall into that category. And here, they are staging the Olympic Games next year! Correct me if I'm mistaken.

But for sure, I will be visiting Sri Lanka very soon.
    Excellent point about the conflict in Sri Lanka. You could argue that overshadows everything else.

I strongly disagree with your second paragraph. China emerged as an economic power because Deng Xiaoping started pursuing free market policies. This was in no small part because of the influence of the Singapore example, and advice from the Singapore Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew.

Sri Lanka's biggest "export" is its people, many of whom work in other countries and remit funds back home, not commodities that have driven booms in some third world countries. I don't see the China connection, except that the old regime in Sri Lanka, like a number of African governments, courted Chinese investment and aid. The new government is promoting better relations with India, and Chinese investment may suffer as a result.

Yes, countries like Brazil did benefit from the commodity boom created by Chinese demand. Brazil is a poor example for your case though. I'd argue that the reason the country WILL fall into "that category" is because Dilma Rousseff has followed in Sri Lanka's footsteps and violated most of Tiny's rules for good governance, being smaller efficient government, avoidance of large fiscal deficits, low levels of corruption and crony capitalism, rule of law and property rights, and a good education system.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    We're on the same page on most issues but disagree on this one. I'm with the Reverend, Kasich is my man too. It would be great if he were the Republican nominee for President. He beat his Democrat opponent by 30 percentage points in the last Ohio gubernatorial election. Kasich didn't come up with the wasteful, inefficient, anti-free-enterprise U.S. Health care system. He'd be doing a disservice to his constituents if he didn't accept federal funds for Medicaid. I personally don't have a problem with government helping children and the poor with medical care, providing it's done efficiently, which it's not now. I'm also a big supporter of private altruism. Yes you want to make sure the funds are going to good use and aren't being siphoned off by administrative overhead or otherwise. Disaster relief and vaccinations and other basic medical care for children in third world countries are two of my favorites. Yes, public altruism has its problems. One example, paying Cargill and ADM millions for grain that's shipped to African countries to support American farmers. Sometimes the grain gets resold by corrupt government officials to China or who knows where. And it can put local farmers out of business, who can't compete with free food.
    You are confusing altruism with benevolence.

How does one persons need constitute a claim on another's life?

How can you morally justify using force, the government, to enforce that claim?

Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    What an outstanding defense of altruism.

Another try to remove the altruist's head's from their asses.

https://drhurd.com/ohio-gov-john-kas...ns-are-losers/

Don B.
    We're on the same page on most issues but disagree on this one. I'm with the Reverend, Kasich is my man too. It would be great if he were the Republican nominee for President. He beat his Democrat opponent by 30 percentage points in the last Ohio gubernatorial election. Kasich didn't come up with the wasteful, inefficient, anti-free-enterprise U.S. Health care system. He'd be doing a disservice to his constituents if he didn't accept federal funds for Medicaid. I personally don't have a problem with government helping children and the poor with medical care, providing it's done efficiently, which it's not now. I'm also a big supporter of private altruism. Yes you want to make sure the funds are going to good use and aren't being siphoned off by administrative overhead or otherwise. Disaster relief and vaccinations and other basic medical care for children in third world countries are two of my favorites. Yes, public altruism has its problems. One example, paying Cargill and ADM millions for grain that's shipped to African countries to support American farmers. Sometimes the grain gets resold by corrupt government officials to China or who knows where. And it can put local farmers out of business, who can't compete with free food.

Kasich is my man!

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    What an outstanding defense of altruism.

Another try to remove the altruist's head's from their asses.

https://drhurd.com/ohio-gov-john-kas...ns-are-losers/

Don B.
    Thanks for the link. You the man.

Posting Limitations