Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    TejanoLibre

This thread has been here for six years and I suspect in two years there will be another thread with a new Presidents name.

Nobody is forced to read this thread, but if you really want it gone I suggest you take it up with Jackson, it is after all his thread.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

Can't believe I am typing this shit in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Interestingly enough, I did check the archives for this thread this morning. And pages from early 2012 to late 2012 were missing. But we can carry on this forever, and nobody's going to be wrong. We will let the the readers justify the postings.

And We Were Doing So Well

Quote Originally Posted by Punter127  [View Original Post]
    First you claimed I said it, now you say the "AP Glee Club" said it, I don't think anybody said it, I think you just made that crapola up. (forked tongue? Selective memory?).

BTW just what is the "AP Glee Club" is it akin to "the attack dogs, that at first sniff, they go crazy...You have your rabies shot yet?" No spewing invectives from Rev BS right? That's just a small sample of some of your vituperative comments...the list goes on.

You have repeatedly tried to label me as angry, but it's not true, put simply you don't have enough on the ball to make me angry. I do get a little frustrated with stupidity from time to time.

Really? You think it's "too bad" the Indians lost? Do you really hate America that much?

I did not say you was God, I said you think you're God, and that's the way you come across to me.

Lets not forget the original topic was "Mandatory Voting" and you brought all this other BS up because I said "Mandatory voting flies in the face of the Declaration of Independence and it has Constitutional First Amendment problems.".

Maybe you would like to tell us how you feel about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Did you ever read them? After you finish that look up the word Liberty.
    And we were all doing so well just a while ago !

Talking and Living and Eating Pussy !

New girls on the board . Maybe ?

No infighting . Not much .

Club News .

Come on Boys !

Nobody is right and Nobody is wrong .

Except the super liberal S.O.Bs .

Lose this thread .

Only 4 people will miss it !

It knocks the important Pussy info off the board eventually .

Just a thought .

TLClick image for larger version

Name:	privado.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	29499.

My Favorite Privado.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    When Obama won his second term, that is what came out of the AP Glee Club, that it did not mean shit!
    The Presidency did not mean shit.
    First you claimed I said it, now you say the "AP Glee Club" said it, I don't think anybody said it, I think you just made that crapola up. (forked tongue? Selective memory?).

BTW just what is the "AP Glee Club" is it akin to "the attack dogs, that at first sniff, they go crazy...You have your rabies shot yet?" No spewing invectives from Rev BS right? That's just a small sample of some of your vituperative comments...the list goes on.

Angry over all this? You have always been the one spewing invectives. For sure, you will deny this. More times then not, we have always turn the other cheek. Just remember, anger is never productive. It just make you ugly.
    You have repeatedly tried to label me as angry, but it's not true, put simply you don't have enough on the ball to make me angry. I do get a little frustrated with stupidity from time to time.

Yes, of course, that American Indian/Reservation thing. Yeah, it was nothing, the Indians just lost. Too bad.
    Really? You think it's "too bad" the Indians lost? Do you really hate America that much?

Me God? Now you are lost.
    I did not say you was God, I said you think you're God, and that's the way you come across to me.

Lets not forget the original topic was "Mandatory Voting" and you brought all this other BS up because I said "Mandatory voting flies in the face of the Declaration of Independence and it has Constitutional First Amendment problems.".

Maybe you would like to tell us how you feel about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Did you ever read them? After you finish that look up the word Liberty.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    No one has proposed a water pipe line. I said I asked my local politician and said no one would do it because there is no money to be made from it.

And if our President wanted one, the do nothing Republican Congress would vote against it, even though it is for the People.

It has nothing to do with nuking anything. No Rain, No Water.

Yes, Monsanto is killing us with their chemicals in our food. And the Republicans support that; Big Business that is.

Did you not watch the video of fish farming in Thailand?
    "No one has proposed a water pipeline....but if our President wanted one, the do nothing Republican Congress would vote against it, even though it is for the People.".

That makes a lot of sense WT69. If the President wants something no one else would propose, it's the job of the legislative branch to approve it. However, you're not alone. That's typical of the blind acceptance you see among many Obama supporters.

Your video was about catfish from Vietnam. If you had complained about Vietnam I would have agreed with you. However if you commie pinkos think you're going to take large, plump succulent Thai shrimp off my plate and replace them with scrawny, grainy Gulf shrimp that cost 5 times more, well then, fuck you.

Seriously, joking aside, I may stop eating catfish in restaurants after looking at your video, and do understand there are problems with the quantities of drugs and chemicals used in Vietnamese fish farming. I'm very comfortable with seafood from Thailand. Thai aquaculture and processors meet European standards, which are more strict than ours. About your Monsanto comment, my argument would be the same as for seafood. Eat genetically modified apples that were grown with fertilizers and pesticides, instead of french fries and Cheetos, and you're going to be much better off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Are you kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    No one has proposed a water pipe line. I said I asked my local politician and said no one would do it because there is no money to be made from it.

And if our President wanted one, the do nothing Republican Congress would vote against it, even though it is for the People.

Yes, Monsanto is killing us with their chemicals in our food. And the Republicans support that; Big Business that is.

When it is water being transported they call them canals. They are everywhere.

Water, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    People shouldn't be forced to vote if they don't want to. If I don't know or care who the best candidate is for an office, I often don't vote. Better to leave the choice up to those who are informed and care.

So why do you think no one will build a water pipeline? What right wingers are working against that? If you want to increase the clean water supply in northern California, where you live, nuke some of the nutty environmental regulations, like the one protecting the delta smelt. Ending that one alone would get you another million acre feet a year of usable water.

We've debated the oil pipeline again and again, and, respectfully, you're dead wrong. The increase in worldwide carbon emissions, if any, from the Keystone pipeline would be insignificant. It's safer and cheaper transporting oil from Canada and North Dakota by pipeline than by train. We're encouraging the Canadians to build pipelines to their west coast, for export to China, and to eastern Canada. This would be negative both for our energy security and jobs. You don't think we should get involved in Middle East wars, right? Well why don't you understand that having an additional 700,000 barrels a day of production from Canada shipped to USA Gulf Coast refineries makes us less likely to send young men to die in places like Iraq?

As to the fish from Thailand, there are antibiotics in chicken and beef produced in the USA. The latest studies indicate that people who eat vegetarian diets with fish are healthier than strict vegetarians or meat eaters. We're better off having affordable shrimp and tuna packaged in Thailand than not having it. It's better for peoples' health and better for their pocket books.

Thanks,

Sentinel Tiny.

Will do

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Rev, please get back on the meds.
    The soft or hard stuff?

Rev

When Obama won his second term, that is what came out of the AP Glee Club, that it did not mean shit!

Angry over all this? You have always been the one spewing invectives. For sure, you will deny this. More times then not, we have always turn the other cheek. Just remember, anger is never productive. It just make you ugly.

Yes, of course, that American Indian/Reservation thing. Yeah, it was nothing, the Indians just lost. Too bad.

Rev, please get back on the meds.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Oil Sands Will Be Mined With or Without Keystone XL

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    The increase in worldwide carbon emissions, if any, from the Keystone pipeline would be insignificant.
    The oil companies have invested too much money not to mine the Canadian Oil Sands. Oil will be produced regardless of whether Keystone XL is built. Keystone is nothing more than a USA political football. In the past 12 months we have built over 5 times the length of Keystone XL domestically and will continue to build domestic pipelines. Pipelines may have spills, but they are still cheaper and safer than railroads.

Tres3.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Selective Memory

Complete Gibberish,

I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say, but I don't remember saying anything about the majority speaking for the minority, (please show quote) nor do I see what that would have to do with "Mandatory Voting." I'm a little confused maybe you could elaborate a little on the Indian reservation thing? I also don't know where you came up with the "your Bible" crap, but I don't need you to excuse me for anything, you're not God... You just think you are!

You seem so very angry but it's not my fault you don't like (or understand) the Founding Principles of America.

I think you have completely lost it, but at least you didn't put some race baiting label on me...this time.

Have a nice day.

Complete Gibberish,

That is why there is a vote. After the last vote, you said the majority does not speak for the minority. Heads, I win. Tails, you lose. That says it all.
    That's how the Indians ended up in reservations. I know that's a little before your time. So you and your Bible are excused.
    I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say, but I don't remember saying anything about the majority speaking for the minority, (please show quote) nor do I see what that would have to do with "Mandatory Voting." I'm a little confused maybe you could elaborate a little on the Indian reservation thing? I also don't know where you came up with the "your Bible" crap, but I don't need you to excuse me for anything, you're not God... You just think you are!

You seem so very angry but it's not my fault you don't like (or understand) the Founding Principles of America.

I think you have completely lost it, but at least you didn't put some race baiting label on me...this time.

Have a nice day.

You speak with forked tongue.

Mandatory Voting

au contraire

People who want to deprive others of the rights of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are the selfish ones. They try to argue their case with cries of the "greater good," but they want to decide what's good for the rest of us.

Mandatory voting flies in the face of the Declaration of Independence and it has Constitutional First Amendment problems.

"Since voting is a form of speech, not voting is also a form of speech a silent protest by those who don't like any of the candidates, perhaps.

Maybe Obama figures since he's issuing fines for not buying insurance, he can fine them for not speaking, too."
    That is why there is a vote. After the last vote, you said the majority does not speak for the minority. Heads, I win. Tails, you lose. That says it all.

That's how the Indians ended up in reservations. I know that's a little before your time. So you and your Bible are excused.

Mandatory Voting

People who are against it only think of self-interest.
    au contraire

People who want to deprive others of the rights of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are the selfish ones. They try to argue their case with cries of the "greater good," but they want to decide what's good for the rest of us.

Mandatory voting flies in the face of the Declaration of Independence and it has Constitutional First Amendment problems.

"Since voting is a form of speech, not voting is also a form of speech a silent protest by those who don't like any of the candidates, perhaps.

Maybe Obama figures since he's issuing fines for not buying insurance, he can fine them for not speaking, too."

I see you are taking your guard duties seriously!

Tiny,

There is much to recommend about mandatory voting. Just raising awareness and civic duty especially among the younger voters will be a good thing.

I have respect for our soldiers even if they have been fighting in the wrong wars, but it is the people who tends to be not involve who do not give them respect. And that is because they do not vote.

I know that there is a Civics class in high school and mandatory voting will continue their further involvement in civic duties. People who are against it only think of self-interest.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/civics-i...ass-1419613231

Posting Limitations