Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 15 of 439 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    They already tried a petition to impeach Obama, using the same White House petition form as the one I mentioned. I just checked and it only got 49,890 signatures.

Anyways...

Please provide two examples. I know one so-called example you are likely to choose, which is easily shot down. So I'd like to see what else you have. Just two examples. You stated that quite matter-of-factly so let's see what you got.
    Okay, here's another poll.

On November 6th, 2012, more than 60 million people officially registered their objections to Obama being the president.

Thanks,

Jax.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

The Israel lobby

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    Not sure whether or not you're serious Reverend, but stranger things have been known to happen. It did take Nixon to normalize relations with China, and Reagan
    with Russia.
    Face it, crystal clear. This was all about Israel and Adelson pulling their puppets' strings. And you can see how far their reach is, all the way to Buenos Aires and the AP Board.

Iran is the power in the Middle East, and the sooner you recognize that, the easier life will be.

Much that I write is tongue in cheek. So take it for what it is. A good read or a bad read. The Fundamentalists have a hard time dealing with it. And they are no different in their blind beliefs from the rabble you seen in the streets in Dasmacus, Cairo, or Teheran.

None of these examples is as direct and blatant as the letter that the 47 Republican Senators sent to Iran, in the midst of negotiations. A letter that received global media attention, with the clear intent to undermine the US President. And in case you didn't notice, some of the global coverage has triggered more mocking of US Republicans. Again! Go look it up yourselves and witness the embarrassing spectacle that Republicans are creating for themselves internationally.

Additionally, it doesn't seem any of these examples triggered a petition to file charges for treason. The petition was created March 9 with the goal to reach 100 K signatures in one month. It received over 255,000 signatures in just 3 days.

White House Petition Seeks Prosecution Of 47 Senators Who Sent Treasonous Iran Letter
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...us-iran-letter
    There's a common thread. You don't believe people should say or listen to things you disagree with. You were on a rant against Fox News a few weeks ago. Then there were the 501 (c)(4) organizations. You believed it was appropriate that the IRS prevent Tea Party groups from exercising free political speech. Now you have a problem with 47 Senators writing a letter, because they're Republicans. I don't know what the law says, but the principal of Freedom of Speech would lead me to believe they should be able to write what they want, just as the Democrats listed in Punter's post should be free to go to Cuba, Syria, etc. , and talk with whoever they want.

So you believe the 47 Senators should be prosecuted for treason? That's interesting. It sounds like something right out of Hugo Chavez's playbook.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    But I am now encouraged by the "Open" letter signed by 47 GOP Senators to try to establish dialogue for common ground on the Nuclear issue. Before that, GOP policy was to just bomb the hell out of Teheran. Perhaps, I will wait until Ted Cruz and the Ayotollah are smoking peace pipes in Austin before I make my final decision.
    Not sure whether or not you're serious Reverend, but stranger things have been known to happen. It did take Nixon to normalize relations with China, and Reagan with Russia.

They already tried a petition to impeach Obama, using the same White House petition form as the one I mentioned. I just checked and it only got 49,890 signatures.

Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Nevertheless, the entire premise of Biden's comments is laughable, given that in the past 6 years Obama has provided the world with numerous of examples of his inability to "deliver on Americas commitments, thank you very much.
    Please provide two examples. I know one so-called example you are likely to choose, which is easily shot down. So I'd like to see what else you have. Just two examples. You stated that quite matter-of-factly so let's see what you got.

Administrator

Hey Jax or Punter, where in this example did a Democrat advise Syria to oppose Bush? I missed it. Perhaps you missed it too, if you didn't read what you posted. It's obvious that Breitbart, a trashy right wing website, is trying to fool people with weak examples.

None of these examples is as direct and blatant as the letter that the 47 Republican Senators sent to Iran, in the midst of negotiations. A letter that received global media attention, with the clear intent to undermine the US President. And in case you didn't notice, some of the global coverage has triggered more mocking of US Republicans. Again! Go look it up yourselves and witness the embarrassing spectacle that Republicans are creating for themselves internationally.

Additionally, it doesn't seem any of these examples triggered a petition to file charges for treason. The petition was created March 9 with the goal to reach 100 K signatures in one month. It received over 255,000 signatures in just 3 days.
    So fucking what?

That's. 00078 of the population of the United States.

Liberals are always trying to impress their idiot sycophants with impressive sounding figures that can't hold up under even the most modicum of reviews.

Remember Joe Biden bragging about the administration having created 4 million jobs. Of course what they didn't say was that they would have needed to have created 6 million jobs just to keep up with the country's population growth during that same period.

Does anyone doubt that the RNC could get 255,000 signatures on a petition to have Obama impeached?

Anyway...

7 TIMES DEMOCRATS ADVISED AMERICAS ENEMIES TO OPPOSE THE PRESIDENT

"Legally speaking, charges under the Logan Act would be unwarranted. The Logan Act has never actually been used for prosecution, nor has its Constitutionality been seriously reviewed in two hundred years.

And if Republicans supposedly violated the Logan Act, so did these Democrats:

Senators John Sparkman (D-AL) and George McGovern (D-SD). The two Senators visited Cuba and met with government actors there in 1975. They said that they did not act on behalf of the United States, so the State Department ignored their activity.

Senator Teddy Kennedy (D-MA). In 1983, Teddy Kennedy sent emissaries to the Soviets to undermine Ronald Reagan's foreign policy. According to a memo finally released in 1991 from head of the KGB Victor Chebrikov to then-Soviet leader Yuri Andropov:

On 9-10 May of this year, Sen. Edward Kennedy's close friend and trusted confidant (John) Tunney was in Moscow. The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, why. Andropov.

What was the message? That Teddy would help stifle Reagan's anti-Soviet foreign policy if the Soviets would help Teddy run against Reagan in 1984. Kennedy offered to visit Moscow to "arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA. " Then he said that he would set up interviews with Andropov in the United States. "Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact why. V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. Like other rational people, (Kennedy) is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations," the letter explained. The memo concluded:

Tunney remarked that the senator wants to run for president in 1988. Kennedy does not discount that during the 1984 campaign, the Democratic Party may officially turn to him to lead the fight against the Republicans and elect their candidate president.

House Speaker Jim Wright (D-TX). In 1984,10 Democrats sent a letter to Daniel Ortega Saavedra, the head of the military dictatorship in Nicaragua, praising Saavedra for "taking steps to open up the political process in your country. " House Speaker Jim Wright signed the letter.

In 1987, Wright worked out a deal to bring Ortega to the United States to visit with lawmakers. As The New York Times reported:

There were times when the White House seemed left out of the peace process, uninformed, irritated. "We don't have any idea what's going on," an Administration official said Thursday. And there was a bizarre atmosphere to the motion and commotion: the leftist Mr. Ortega, one of President Reagan's arch enemies, heads a Government that the Administration has been trying to overthrow by helping to finance a war that has killed thousands of Nicaraguans on both sides. Yet he was freely moving around Washington, visiting Mr. Wright in his Capitol Hill office, arguing his case in Congress and at heavily covered televised news conferences. He criticized President Reagan; he recalled that the United States, whose troops intervened in Nicaragua several times between 1909 and 1933, had supported the Somoza family dictatorship which lasted for 43 years until the Sandinistas overthrew it in 1979.

Ortega then sat next to Wright as he presented a "detailed cease-fire proposal. "The New York Times said, "Mr. Ortega seemed delighted to turn to Mr. Wright. ".

Senator John Kerry (D-MA). Kerry jumped into the pro-Sandanista pool himself in 1985, when he traveled to Nicaragua to negotiate with the regime. He wasn't alone; Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) joined him. The Christian Science Monitor reported that the two senators "brought back word that Mr. Ortega would be willing to accept a cease-fire if Congress rejected aid to the rebels. That week the House initially voted down aid to the contras, and Mr. Ortega made an immediate trip to Moscow. " Kerry then shilled on behalf of the Ortega government:

We are still trying to overthrow the politics of another country in contravention of international law, against the Organization of American States charter. We negotiated with North Vietnam. Why can we not negotiate with a country smaller than North Carolina and with half the population of Massachusetts? It's beyond me. And the reason is that they just want to get rid of them (the Sandinistas), they want to throw them out, they don't want to talk to them.

Representatives Jim McDermott (D-WA), David Bonior (D-MI), and Mike Thompson (D-CA). In 2002, the three Congressmen visited Baghdad to play defense for Saddam Hussein's regime. There, McDermott laid the groundwork for the Democratic Party's later rip on President George W. Bush, stating, "the president of the United States will lie to the American people in order to get us into this war. " McDermott, along with his colleagues, suggested that the American administration give the Iraqi regime "due process" and "take the Iraqis on their face value. " Bonior said openly he was acting on behalf of the government:

The purpose of our trip was to make it very clear, as I said in my opening statement, to the officials in Iraq how serious we the United States is about going to war and that they will have war unless these inspections are allowed to go unconditionally and unfettered and open. And that was our point. And that was in the best interest of not only Iraq, but the American citizens and our troops. And that's what we were emphasizing. That was our primary concern that and looking at the humanitarian situation.

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV). In 2002, Rockefeller told Fox News' Chris Wallace, "I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq, that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11. " That would have given Saddam Hussein fourteen months in which to prepare for war.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). In April 2007, as the Bush administration pursued pressure against Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi went to visit him. There, according to The New York Times, the two "discussed a variety of Middle Eastern issues, including the situations in Iraq and Lebanon and the prospect of peace talks between Syria and Israel. " Pelosi was accompanied by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-CA), Tom Lantos (D-CA), Louise M. Slaughter (D-NY), Nick J. Rahall II (D-WV), and Keith Ellison (D-MN). Zaid Haider, Damascus bureau chief for Al Safir, reportedly said, 'There is a feeling now that change is going on in American policy even if it's being led by the opposition. ".

The Constitution of the United States delegates commander-in-chief power to the president of the United States. Section 2 clearly states, "He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur." As Professor Jack Goldsmith of Harvard Law School writes, Senators have a good argument that "the President lacks the authority under the USA Constitution to negotiate a pure Executive agreement in this context. Almost all major arms control agreements have been made as treaties that needed Senate consent, and the one major exception, the Salt I treaty, was a congressional-executive agreement. ".

One who might agree: former Senator Joe Biden, whose White House profile explains, "then-Senator Biden played a pivotal role in shaping US foreign policy. " Among other elements of that role: decrying President George W. Bush's surge in Iraq as "a tragic mistake" and vowing, "I will do everything in my power to stop it. " As Tom Cotton said this morning, "If Joe Biden respects the dignity of the institution of the Senate, he should be insisting that the President submit any deal to approval of the Senate, which is exactly what he did on numerous deals during his time in Senate. ".

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...the-president/

Joe Biden seems to have a bit of a "recall" problem.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

250,000 Americans sign petition to file charges against 47 Republican Senators

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). In April 2007, as the Bush administration pursued pressure against Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi went to visit him. There, according to The New York Times, the two "discussed a variety of Middle Eastern issues, including the situations in Iraq and Lebanon and the prospect of peace talks between Syria and Israel. " Pelosi was accompanied by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-CA), Tom Lantos (D-CA), Louise M. Slaughter (D-NY), Nick J. Rahall II (D-WV), and Keith Ellison (D-MN). Zaid Haider, Damascus bureau chief for Al Safir, reportedly said, 'There is a feeling now that change is going on in American policy even if it's being led by the opposition. ".
    Hey Jax or Punter, where in this example did a Democrat advise Syria to oppose Bush? I missed it. It's obvious that Breitbart, a trashy right wing website, is trying to fool people with weak examples.

White House Petition Seeks Prosecution Of 47 Senators Who Sent Treasonous Iran Letter
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...us-iran-letter

18 usa c 1001

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Is it possible that they could be charged with Treason?

From Yahoo News:

"That law still on the books today, but not even attempted to be enforced since 1803 makes it a crime with a potential prison sentence of up to three years for "any citizen" of the USA, acting without government authority, to "directly or indirectly correspond" with any foreign government or foreign official with the aim of influencing their dealings on any controversies with the USA Government, or of defeating a USA Government action. ".
    http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/hill...t_nbr=dmmqfews

Our resident, legal expert, should refer to 18 USA C. 1001 in the matter of H. Clinton.

Don B.

Administrator

7 Times Democrats Advised Americas Enemies to Oppose the President

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Rev,

The only purpose of your post was to push Punter's research off of the top of the page.

Nice try.

Jax
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Legally speaking, charges under the Logan Act would be unwarranted. The Logan Act has never actually been used for prosecution, nor has its Constitutionality been seriously reviewed in two hundred years.

Senators John Sparkman (D-AL) and George McGovern (D-SD). The two Senators visited Cuba and met with government actors there in 1975. They said that they did not act on behalf of the United States, so the State Department ignored their activity.

Senator Teddy Kennedy (D-MA). In 1983, Teddy Kennedy sent emissaries to the Soviets to undermine Ronald Reagan's foreign policy. According to a memo finally released in 1991 from head of the KGB Victor Chebrikov to then-Soviet leader Yuri Andropov:

On 9-10 May of this year, Sen. Edward Kennedy's close friend and trusted confidant (John) Tunney was in Moscow. The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, why. Andropov.

What was the message? That Teddy would help stifle Reagan's anti-Soviet foreign policy if the Soviets would help Teddy run against Reagan in 1984. Kennedy offered to visit Moscow to "arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA. " Then he said that he would set up interviews with Andropov in the United States. "Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact why. V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. Like other rational people, (Kennedy) is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations," the letter explained. The memo concluded:

Tunney remarked that the senator wants to run for president in 1988. Kennedy does not discount that during the 1984 campaign, the Democratic Party may officially turn to him to lead the fight against the Republicans and elect their candidate president.

House Speaker Jim Wright (D-TX). In 1984,10 Democrats sent a letter to Daniel Ortega Saavedra, the head of the military dictatorship in Nicaragua, praising Saavedra for "taking steps to open up the political process in your country. " House Speaker Jim Wright signed the letter.

In 1987, Wright worked out a deal to bring Ortega to the United States to visit with lawmakers. As The New York Times reported:

There were times when the White House seemed left out of the peace process, uninformed, irritated. "We don't have any idea what's going on," an Administration official said Thursday. And there was a bizarre atmosphere to the motion and commotion: the leftist Mr. Ortega, one of President Reagan's arch enemies, heads a Government that the Administration has been trying to overthrow by helping to finance a war that has killed thousands of Nicaraguans on both sides. Yet he was freely moving around Washington, visiting Mr. Wright in his Capitol Hill office, arguing his case in Congress and at heavily covered televised news conferences. He criticized President Reagan; he recalled that the United States, whose troops intervened in Nicaragua several times between 1909 and 1933, had supported the Somoza family dictatorship which lasted for 43 years until the Sandinistas overthrew it in 1979.

Ortega then sat next to Wright as he presented a "detailed cease-fire proposal. "The New York Times said, "Mr. Ortega seemed delighted to turn to Mr. Wright. ".

Senator John Kerry (D-MA). Kerry jumped into the pro-Sandanista pool himself in 1985, when he traveled to Nicaragua to negotiate with the regime. He wasn't alone; Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) joined him. The Christian Science Monitor reported that the two senators "brought back word that Mr. Ortega would be willing to accept a cease-fire if Congress rejected aid to the rebels. That week the House initially voted down aid to the contras, and Mr. Ortega made an immediate trip to Moscow. " Kerry then shilled on behalf of the Ortega government:

We are still trying to overthrow the politics of another country in contravention of international law, against the Organization of American States charter. We negotiated with North Vietnam. Why can we not negotiate with a country smaller than North Carolina and with half the population of Massachusetts? It's beyond me. And the reason is that they just want to get rid of them (the Sandinistas), they want to throw them out, they don't want to talk to them.

Representatives Jim McDermott (D-WA), David Bonior (D-MI), and Mike Thompson (D-CA). In 2002, the three Congressmen visited Baghdad to play defense for Saddam Hussein's regime. There, McDermott laid the groundwork for the Democratic Party's later rip on President George W. Bush, stating, "the president of the United States will lie to the American people in order to get us into this war. " McDermott, along with his colleagues, suggested that the American administration give the Iraqi regime "due process" and "take the Iraqis on their face value. " Bonior said openly he was acting on behalf of the government:

The purpose of our trip was to make it very clear, as I said in my opening statement, to the officials in Iraq how serious we the United States is about going to war and that they will have war unless these inspections are allowed to go unconditionally and unfettered and open. And that was our point. And that was in the best interest of not only Iraq, but the American citizens and our troops. And that's what we were emphasizing. That was our primary concern that and looking at the humanitarian situation.

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV). In 2002, Rockefeller told Fox News' Chris Wallace, "I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq, that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11. " That would have given Saddam Hussein fourteen months in which to prepare for war.

The Constitution of the United States delegates commander-in-chief power to the president of the United States. Section 2 clearly states, "He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur." As Professor Jack Goldsmith of Harvard Law School writes, Senators have a good argument that "the President lacks the authority under the USA Constitution to negotiate a pure Executive agreement in this context. Almost all major arms control agreements have been made as treaties that needed Senate consent, and the one major exception, the Salt I treaty, was a congressional-executive agreement. ".

One who might agree: former Senator Joe Biden, whose White House profile explains, "then-Senator Biden played a pivotal role in shaping US foreign policy. " Among other elements of that role: decrying President George W. Bush's surge in Iraq as "a tragic mistake" and vowing, "I will do everything in my power to stop it. " As Tom Cotton said this morning, "If Joe Biden respects the dignity of the institution of the Senate, he should be insisting that the President submit any deal to approval of the Senate, which is exactly what he did on numerous deals during his time in Senate. ".

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

I have always wanted to visit Iran.

Iran, also known as Persia, the ancient country of Biblical times. But since the American hostage crisis in late 1970's, it was not a natural country to visit for Americans.

But I am now encouraged by the "Open" letter signed by 47 GOP Senators to try to establish dialogue for common ground on the Nuclear issue. Before that, GOP policy was to just bomb the hell out of Teheran. Perhaps, I will wait until Ted Cruz and the Ayotollah are smoking peace pipes in Austin before I make my final decision.

Meanwhile, all I have to do is check on State policy regard private visits by Americans.

On 9-10 May of this year, Sen. Edward Kennedy's close friend and trusted confidant (John) Tunney was in Moscow. The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.

What was the message? That Teddy would help stifle Reagan's anti-Soviet foreign policy if the Soviets would help Teddy run against Reagan in 1984. Kennedy offered to visit Moscow to "arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA. " Then he said that he would set up interviews with Andropov in the United States. "Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y. V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. Like other rational people, (Kennedy) is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations," the letter explained. The memo concluded:

Ortega then sat next to Wright as he presented a "detailed cease-fire proposal. "The New York Times said, "Mr. Ortega seemed delighted to turn to Mr. Wright."

One who might agree: former Senator Joe Biden, whose White House profile explains, "then-Senator Biden played a pivotal role in shaping US foreign policy. " Among other elements of that role: decrying President George W. Bush's surge in Iraq as "a tragic mistake" and vowing, "I will do everything in my power to stop it. " As Tom Cotton said this morning, "If Joe Biden respects the dignity of the institution of the Senate, he should be insisting that the President submit any deal to approval of the Senate, which is exactly what he did on numerous deals during his time in Senate. "

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

The Logan Act

Is it possible that they could be charged with Treason?

From Yahoo News:

"That law – still on the books today, but not even attempted to be enforced since 1803 – makes it a crime with a potential prison sentence of up to three years for "any citizen" of the USA, acting without government authority, to "directly or indirectly correspond" with any foreign government or foreign official with the aim of influencing their dealings on any controversies with the USA Government, or of defeating a USA Government action. ".

Hey WT69,

Have you been reading the Islamic al jazeera website again?

Perhaps you might instead consider reading the actual US Constitution, which specifically provides that all treaties with other countries must be ratified (approved) by the US Senate.

Do you understand what that means, or are you assuming that Obama will once again ignore the Constitution and in this case make a deal with Iran without bothering to get the approval of the Senate? Perhaps he will call it something other than a "treaty", perhaps he will call it a "Memo between Countries"? Perhaps he will simply issue an executive order? I can see that getting unanimously rebuked by the Supreme Court as they did with his unconstitutional recess appointments.

Anyway, the purpose of the Senator's letter was to remind the Iranians that whatever "agreement" they make with the politically desperate Obama must go through them, and they're not the pussies that our President is.

The fact is that Obama is a complete neophyte when it comes to negotiating, which is not a surprise because he's had no executive management experience.

For one thing, as a basic tenant of negotiating, it's not a negotiation if you're not willing to walk away, and the Iranians know that Obama is so desperate to make a deal that he can be pressured into almost any concession because he clearly doesn't have the political courage to walk away.

Another thing is that Obama doesn't understand is that he holds the strongest hand: The economic sanctions and collapsing oil prices have crippled the Iranian economy, their GDP being cut by almost 30% in the past couple of years. It is in fact the mullahs who are desperate to make a deal, and now is the time to ratchet up the sanctions and force the mullahs to capitulate, which they'll do because they don't want to be ousted in another revolution.

I hope that history will record that the Senate stood strong and refused to approve a treaty with Iran that would have allowed them to develop a nuclear bomb.

Thanks,

Jax

Anyway, the most important thing is that we're not talking about Hillary Clinton's criminal behavior using a private, non-government email account hosted on a private server for all of her email communications while she was Secretary of State.

A man who is a heartbeat away from the Presidency is certainly someone I want to listen to. Man has over 20 plus years as a U.S Senator and a sitting VP certainly knows a thing or two more than the average Joe. The elephants do not know everything and have been wrong on enough occasions to demonstrated that to us. Cheney is a non stop talker who was asleep at the switch along with his boss and allowed many innocent people to die on their watch but the right still wants to listen to him with his endless calls for war, wiretapping and water boarding, classic hypocrites.

Even on Fox they're not calling what Hillary did criminal but on AP without any evidence the verdict is in and she is now a criminal. Fair, balance and independent coverage at its worst, you can feel the hate. They can't wait for Obama to get out of there but as extreme fringe prognosticator Dr. Leopole Arthur once said the replacement for the incumbent we so loathe made us yearned for his return.

If Democratic Senators did this on a Republican president's watch they would be call traitors and every other name in the book. Flip the script and its almost always ok when the right does it, despite some saying they may have broken the law with that letter. Kelly from Fox and the ultra conservative WSJ are also not in agreement with this letter as seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kwZYRy9PI

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/47-go...ry?id=29528727

I should be more clear next time.

Rev,

Your suggestion that the 47 Senators who signed the letter to Iran did so because they would be personally enriched is patently ridiculous.

I openly defy you to find any evidence the demonstrates that even so much as 10 of these Senators would be enriched by this action.

Thanks,

Jax
    All these guys are rich a long time ago. American corruption is not bags of money delivered in darkness.

I was suggesting that any investigative reporter (not me) would find political contributions from Adelson in their campaign funds.

That they were doing the bidding of someone. And the stunt was initiated by a paymaster for a reason. So what was the reason?

I give you a hint. It was related to the visit by a diamond dealer from a middle eastern country.

Oh, I just found something:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/11/opinion/thomas-l-friedman-is-it-sheldons-world.html?_r=0

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    The coins jingling from their pockets, they came from Sheldon Adelson.

Bomb makers will always leave their signatures, and Sheldon Adelson's fingerprints are all over this bomb.
    Rev,

Your suggestion that the 47 Senators who signed the letter to Iran did so because they would be personally enriched is patently ridiculous.

I openly defy you to find any evidence the demonstrates that even so much as 10 of these Senators would be enriched by this action.

Thanks,

Jax

Posting Limitations