Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 439 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Reality

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    You must not live in the US. America is more than a little tired of left wing policies that deflate the economy and keep tens of millions out of work.
    There are hundreds of legal immigrants who arrive everyday who are sponsor through family relationships. And they go to work very quickly because they are willing to start.

At the bottom. Or they go to school & get the right training. And in a few years, they are more than ok. Even illegals do that. Pretty simple really, unless you like to blame.

China for jobs, and Colombia for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    I think Trump is the greatest presidential candidate ever. For the Democratic party, that is. When the Republicans lose control of the Senate, I'll like him even more.
    Good for you. Please make sure to vote for Trump.

I think Trump is the greatest presidential candidate ever. For the Democratic party, that is. When the Republicans lose control of the Senate, I'll like him even more.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    Is Trump the greatest gift from the GOP to the Democrats?
    You must not live in the US. America is more than a little tired of left wing policies that deflate the economy and keep tens of millions out of work.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

This is so much more heinous than anything Hillary's been accused of regarding e-mail. Borderline treason.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi...5C5?li=BBnbfcL

And then there's this asshole:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/newscr...d7g?li=BBnbfcL

I'm just sayin'.
    There is nothing borderline about Hillary's corruption and treason. Please get a grip.

We have far more to risk wiht a Hillary presidency than with a Trump prediency. So, vote Trump.*

* Definitely not my guy when tings got started. However, comnsidering where we are today? He's my guy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Dirtbag Republicans

This is so much more heinous than anything Hillary's been accused of regarding e-mail. Borderline treason.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi...5C5?li=BBnbfcL

And then there's this asshole:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/newscr...d7g?li=BBnbfcL

I'm just sayin'.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Trump

Is Trump the greatest gift from the GOP to the Democrats?

Quote Originally Posted by RcCollins  [View Original Post]
    Speaking of Ali, he has left the building forever!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/muhammad-al...ry?id=18391211
    He really was The Greatest, there'll never be anyone else like him.

The Champ is Gone

Speaking of Ali, he has left the building forever!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/muhammad-al...ry?id=18391211

Ali was not as stupid as you might think.

I bet you wouldn't say that to Muhammad Ali :<).
    Ali said that nobody in Vietnam ever called him a Nigger so he didn't have any problems with the Vietnamese.

Funny story , Ali tried to buy a house in one of my old my old neighborhoods when I was growing up and they would not allow it.

NO Blacks and No Jews Allowed.

Not even the Champion of the World.

Fortunately I was too young and innocent to notice the Old South and it's outdated views.

Now they even allow Mexicans!

TL.

Joking Like Usual.

I believe that Clay/Ali's stated position was 'I got no quarrel with those people.' I don't believe in war, and if everyone refused to fight, there would be no wars. It's just that simple. I don't give a rat's ass if you think I'm sincere or not, and also fuck you for calling me a pussy. Vietnam was a particularly stupid war as they were absolutely no threat to us. Oh yeah, the domino theory of communism. Well, communism failed just fine on its own merits so all of the US efforts in Vietnam were 100% futile. The war divided the country. The war fucked up the economy for a decade. The war defoliated a perfectly good agricultural country, and I commend them for coming up with the idea to plant coffee. Vietnam is now the world's #2 producer of coffee, with over double the export volume in 2014 of #3 Colombia.

Conscription is not a harbinger of an advanced country. Imperialism is the new colonialism and is quite pernicious as well. A war to stop someone like Hitler is one thing and a war to help out French colonialists is quite another. Wie went into Vietnam and started bombing and killing without having any clear goals or purpose for doing so. A bunch of GIs fucked a bunch of Vietnamese in the process and left something like half a million half-caste children to be discriminated against. It wasn't a good chapter in our history, and even as a teenager I knew I would not be participating. I'm quite comfortable with that and very glad that I was not born two or three years earlier, because I didn't end up having to deal with it. I respect the choices that others made, although quite frankly I have at least as much respect for those who went to prison rather than Vietnam.

If we end up in BA at the same time, I'd be happy to buy you a beer, or happy to fight you one-on-one. Some people may view war as a test of courage, but I just view it as a sad waste.

Certainly not to his face. Actually, Ali had been a member of the Nation of Islam for sometime and I can not judge the sincerity of his conscientious objection on religious grounds.

I apologize if I misjudged the sincerity of your CO, but it was based on the tenor of your post and my contemporaneous experience 69-73. At the time the girls were mostly genuinely opposed to the Vietnam War on moral grounds, but the guys either thought being anti-war would get them laid and/or because they just didn't want to go to Vietnam.

I would be surprised if 1 in 100 really objected on true moral or religious grounds. I even knew a few from my high school that tucked their tail between their legs and ran for the CA border. I know for a fact they had no serious moral or religious objections, just afraid of going to Vietnam.

I might be a little touchy on the subject. I went to visit my father's and my brothers' graves today. My father was a WWII vet and my brothers were Vietnam vets. My father was a marine on Guadalcanal and Tarawa. My next older brother was in the air force and my oldest bother was a marine who did back to back Vietnam tours 67-69. He saw some of the most serious shit including Khe Sanh and was wounded three times. His battalion was nicknamed "The Waking Dead" for its casualty rate, long before it became synonymous with the TV series.

So do you think Trump avoided military service because he had bad feet, or because he is a rich cocksucker? I don't criticize anyone for doing whatever to get out of military service. They ended the draft when I was 17 but I sure as fuck would not have gone to Vietnam. I would have first sought CO status and then gone to Canada or to prison instead. Cocksuckers like Bush and Trump don't have to go through the CO process or expatriate themselves because their rich daddies take care of all that.

Where is Leon Czolgosz when we need him?
    On Memorial Day, we know all we need to know about you. Pussy, is not just that which you chase.

I had a lottery number in the two hundreds so I was never getting drafted. I tried to enlisted anyway. However, the Marine Corp first and then the Army rejected me, because of flat fleet. I wore special orthopedic shoes from Stride Rite growing up. Only the Navy would take me, but as you can see the joke was on me.

Personally, I don't like, Trump, but if he had flat fleet I have sympathy. Even though they let me in with flat feet, in the early 70's the stupid U.S. Navy thought you should march around Great Lakes boot camp carrying an '03 Springfield all day. At the end of every day, my arms felt like they wanted to fall off and my feet were in agony. The F'ing irony was that we never fired the damn rifle. They were obsolete and I don't think they had firing pins anyway. Also, I never marched another day after boot camp. I think they were both just for torture (character building) purposes.

He told Howard Stern that oral sex was unimportant.

Posting Limitations