This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Retired Member

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/, interesting little tune at this time in our history.

Exon

The senate bill is stronger than the house bill

It still has too much of the democrat's political wish list in it, rather than STIMULATION. I want to see infrastructure projects--what happened? Natural gas for electricity generation? JOBS? But it is still better than the house bill.

Holy baloney--I'm guessing well for a bear ralley

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob
    I LOST much more money than I can afford last year. When I am talking about this stimulous package, I'm not thinking about what is best for my personal financial situation. I am affraid of major depression as one of the real possibilities. I believe that the moderates from both parties in the Senate will be thinking in a similar fashion.

I am gambling by keeping some money in the market: BP, COP with energy diversification and safe dividends. I will wait and energy must go up over the next year or two. LINN is interesting--an energy trust with a high dividend--my small position is up big, but I'm not selling because of the dividend. Copper bought when bottom fishing. I sold and re purchased a brazilian EFT at half the price. Looking at a China ETF, but not cheap enough yet. The Chinese have their own stimulus in place and will do more.

Gambling on some GS purchased on the cheap--they are the smartest guys in town. I may buy jpm--jaime dimon is the smartest ceo in the financial industry--it's not cheap enough now. I am reading and believing that GS, JPM and MS have taken almost all of the toxic garbage off their books. I think that we will retest the lows. These banks will survive and make lots of money in the future--which could be within the next year or years. As sid posted the research shows that you make your real money during unexcepted runs which are impossible to even pretend to time.

My largest position is MO----like getting paid to wait. High diviidend. Merck looks like a good place to nibble as we retest the lows. I'm watching celgene and have a small position in gild--biotech with a monopoly on hiv / aids.

I got stuck in Shaw Industries and I'm down sooooo far, but think that infrastructure plays are rational, so I'm still in part of my position which is way down. I won't add to it unless obama starts talking nuclear in a serious way. Foster wheeler.-I am watching and is probably a better way to play infrastructure as they are more diversified.

I have a small position in Rio which is also way down, but I'm not selling. China should recover early--I hope, then Rio and fcx should start to move--it will be a while. China is the major user of cooper and iron and these stocks are just soooooo cheap based upon the value of their assets or as possible take overs. I have a position PBR based on their huge mega offshore gas and oil finds and their future value which is not really on the books now. I will be sitting on dead PBS money for a while--no big dividend and third world risks---I'm either stupid or have balls or both. [I'm about 8% in energy in total of all positions]

My MCD is still up--small position. Same thing with a small position in YUM--cheap good eats and growing in China throughout the slow down. The Chinese love the fried chicken. Read their report--it is amasing what yum is doing internationally. MCD is predicting us$125, 000in extra revenue per store based upon coffee style drinks a la starbucks, but a almost half the price.

A couple of small positions in gold minners have been moving up. I actually pay attention when el alamo talks.

I am taking risk. I got killed and I hope that I am guessing right. I don't recomemd any one else follow anything I am doing. The pros may think that I'm nuts and I may be nuts. I am a diversified nut who is preying for a rational Stimulous package to push things along.

Would Obama please punch-out Nancy Pelosi and get Bidden working the senate.
    My guesses from Feb. 1

A little stimulation, please?

Special Request: could we get this thread back on track

I am really curious if Obama can do what he has spoken of: get a stimulus package out of congress and save his political wish list for after it seems secure that we are not headed into a serious depression. It is obvious that the leadership of the Democratic house doesn't get it.

Over the next few weeks we will see what happens as it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessan
    The Fox article on finding weapons grade plutonium, I took a quick look at before was old (Friday, April 11, 2003. I missed it, it was in small print) I did not look at the date on the article when I read it quickly before. I am unable to find anything else on plutonium. It must have turn out not too be true, since I cannot find any follow-ups at all, anywhere on the web.

If it was weapons grade Uranium, I cannot find anything either on google news. My guess the stuff they are talking about now is just Yellow Cake. Which usually means the yellow power you get after leaching the Uranium from Uranium ore, the powder like to cake together, therefore the name Yellow Cake. The Isotopes have to be separated before you can get anything usable in most nuclear reactors. That is the process Iran is trying to master, with the centrifuge stuff they are using.
    Tessan,

I am not in a position to compromise my super top secret spy clearance and how I definitely know I am right. But my sources via the KGB and People magazine support my point and you have to trust me. The security of our country and the free world is at hand.

You seem like a pretty good dude even after laying all that super high tech science isotope fission, fusion crap on me. I was talking about MacGyver making shit with vibrators and cum soaked rags. I give; you have Nobel prize winning scientist stuff on your side.

Let's just pull out of the shit of an economic cesspool we are in and keep the dollar strong so we can stimulate the Argentina chica economy.

Keep hope alive!

The Fox article on finding weapons grade plutonium, I took a quick look at before was old (Friday, April 11, 2003. I missed it, it was in small print), I did not look at the date on the article when I read it quickly before. I am unable to find anything else on plutonium. It must have turn out not too be true, since I cannot find any follow-ups at all, anywhere on the web.

If it was weapons grade Uranium, I cannot find anything either on google news. My guess the stuff they are talking about now is just Yellow Cake. Which usually means the yellow power you get after leaching the Uranium from Uranium ore, the powder likes to cake together, therefore the name Yellow Cake. The Isotopes have to be separated before you can get anything usable in most nuclear reactors. That is the process Iran is trying to master, with the centrifuge stuff they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by QuakHunter
    I like my version of the facts. They suit my story much better.

I heard MacGyver was the one enriching the yellow-cake into plutonium with a vibrator and left over wet naps from a privado.

Pay your taxes everyone. We are going to need the money.
    You cannot convert one element into another, without fission or Fusion. You can vibrate it all you want, read a physics textbook. With a centrifuge you can separate heavier isotopes from lighter ones, but you cannot change Uranium to Plutonium. Or turn lead into gold. You can turn lead into gold, with fission, but the gold is radioactive and cost much more to make, then what gold sells for. You can vibrate the lead all you want, you not getting gold or Uranium to Plutonium.

You are confusing two different things. Plutonium may have been found according to Fox. Plutonium is always weapons grade, that's why it is so controlled. Plutonium does not occur naturally. Uranium does. There is no way Iraq can convert the Yellow Cake to Plutonium, unless they had a nuclear reactor running, that's why the Israeli bomb their only reactor.

I don't think it was enough for a nuclear weapon, or it would have made more headlines. It's probably small amounts made by doing experiments producing fission. Probably in preparation for the nuclear reactor, which would have been able to make them a bomb every year or 2. But since it was destroyed, don't think they could make much. To make amounts useable for a Nuke, it can take a large nuclear reactor 1-2 years to make enough for one bomb. With small experiments it would take tens of thousands of years.

Lets see if they say how much Plutonium there was. I bet it's less then a pound. It's probably less then an oz. It might be only a few grams. My guess, but I will not bet on it, (a pound is safe) is its less then a gram.
    I like my version of the facts. They suit my story much better.

I heard MacGyver was the one enriching the yellow-cake into plutonium with a vibrator and left over wet naps from a privado.

Pay your taxes everyone. We are going to need the money.

Death to this Thread

You are confusing two different things. Plutonium may have been found according to Fox. Plutonium is always weapons grade, that's why it is so controlled. Plutonium does not occur naturally. Uranium does. There is no way Iraq can convert the Yellow Cake to Plutonium, unless they had a nuclear reactor running, that's why the Israeli bomb their only reactor.

I don't think it was enough for a nuclear weapon, or it would have made more headlines. It's probably small amounts made by doing experiments producing fission. Probably in preparation for the nuclear reactor, which would have been able to make them a bomb every year or 2. But since it was destroyed, don't think they could make much. To make amounts useable for a Nuke, it can take a large nuclear reactor 1-2 years to make enough for one bomb. With small experiments it would take tens of thousands of years.

Lets see if they say how much Plutonium there was. I bet it's less then a pound. It's probably less then an oz. It might be only a few grams. My guess, but I will not bet on it, (a pound is safe) is its less then a gram.
    I hope that I can close up this thread by saying that we're going to have to agree to disagree. Always two sides and we'll never hear the right story. Plus I don't want to get into a pissing contest with Jackson, I'm positive that his dick is bigger.

Jack

That is kind of like the argument, "I smoked pot but I didn't inhale".

I'm sure the unbiased information from the ASSOCIATED PRESS is totally reliable (Excuse me while I choke on my own vomit) The WEAPONS GRADE yellow cake that was in iraq's POSSESSION was hidden from inspectors for years and was discovered covertly. It was not under IEA control, if it was how did Joseph Wilson miss it? His directive was expanded beyond the Niger visit; it was in his purview to find evidence of yellow cake uranium.

Lets see if they say how much Plutonium there was. I bet it's less then a pound. It's probably less then an oz. it might be only a few grams. my guess, but i will not bet on it, (a pound is safe) is its less then a gram.

Reality Check

The following is a letter by some guy who has an interesting plan as a result of the economic stimulus discussion. Well written and to the point.

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been some rumblings around the office about the future of this company, and more specifically, your job. As you know, the economy has changed for the worse and presents many challenges. However, the good news is this: The economy doesn't pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is the changing political landscape in this country.

However, let me tell you some little tidbits of fact which might help you decide what is in your best interests.

First, while it is easy to spew rhetoric that casts employers against employees, you have to understand that for every business owner there is a back story. This back story is often neglected and overshadowed by what you see and hear. Sure, you see me park my Mercedes outside. You've seen my big home at last years Christmas party. I'm sure; all these flashy icons of luxury conjure up some idealized thoughts about my life.

However, what you don't see is the back story.

I started this company 28 years ago. At that time, I lived in a 300 square foot studio apartment for 3 years. My entire living apartment was converted into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you.

My diet consisted of Ramen Pride noodles because every dollar I spent went back into this company. I drove a rusty Toyota Corolla with a defective transmission. I didn't have time to date. Often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business - hard work, discipline, and sacrifice.

Meanwhile, my friends got jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a modest $50K a year and spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. Instead of hitting the Nordstrom's for the latest hot fashion item, I was trolling through the discount store extracting any clothing item that didn't look like it was birthed in the 70's. My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into a business with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford these luxuries my friends supposedly had.

So, while you physically arrive at the office at 9am, mentally check in at about noon, and then leave at 5pm, I don't. There is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have the freedom. I eat, and breathe this company every minute of the day. There is no rest. There is no weekend.

There is no happy hour. Every day this business is attached to my hip like a 1 year old special-needs child. You, of course, only see the fruits of that garden - the nice house, the Mercedes, the vacations. You never realize the back story and the sacrifices I've made.

Now, the economy is falling apart and I, the guy that made all the right decisions and saved his money, have to bail-out all the people who didn't.

The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed a decade of my life for.

Yes, business ownership has is benefits but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds.

Unfortunately, the cost of running this business, and employing you, is starting to eclipse the threshold of marginal benefit and let me tell you.

Why:

I am being taxed to death and the government thinks I don't pay enough. I have state taxes. Federal taxes. Property taxes. Sales and use taxes. Payroll taxes. Workers compensation taxes. Unemployment taxes. Taxes on taxes. I have to hire a tax man to manage all these taxes and then guess what? I have to pay taxes for employing him. Government mandates and regulations and all the accounting that goes with it, now occupy most of my time. On Oct. 15th, I wrote a check to the US Treasury for $288,000 for quarterly taxes. You know what my "stimulus" check was? Zero. Nada. Zilch.

The question I have is this: Who is stimulating the economy? Me, the guy who has provided 14 people good paying jobs and serves over 2,200,000 people per year with a flourishing business? Or, the single mother sitting at home pregnant with her fourth child waiting for her next welfare check? Obviously, government feels the latter is the economic stimulus of this country.

The fact is, if I deducted (Read: Stole) 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? That's nuts. Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, I agree which is why your job is in jeopardy.

Here is what many of you don't understand. To stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Had suddenly government mandated to me that I didn't need to pay taxes, guess what? Instead of depositing that $288,000 into the Washington black-hole, I would have spent it, hired more employees, and generated substantial economic growth. My employees would have enjoyed the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But you can forget it now.

When you have a comatose man on the verge of death, you don't defibrillate and shock his thumb thinking that will bring him back to life, do you? Or, do you defibrillate his heart? Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate it, not kill it.

Suddenly, the power brokers in Washington believe the poor of America are the essential drivers of the American economic engine. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change you can keep.

So where am I going with all this?

It's quite simple.

If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, my reaction will be swift and simple. I fire you. I fire your co-workers. You can then plead with the government to pay for your mortgage, your SUV, and your child's future. Frankly, it isn't my problem any more.

Then, I will close this company down, move to another country, and retire. You see, I'm done. I'm done with a country that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, will be my citizenship.

So, if you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever.

If that happens, you can find me sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed,

Your Boss

The fact that there was yellow cake does not mean anything. He had a nuclear reactor before the Israeli bombed it. It is normal to have yellow cake if you have a nuclear reactor. If he was working on a nuclear program when we invaded, then where are the hundred if not thousands of centrifuges need enrich the uranium? Iran has hundreds of centrifuges in a cascade trying to enrich uranium.

Eden cites the Associated Press concerning yellowcake uranium removed from Iraq recently. The article also mentions that the yellowcake uranium was under the control of the U. N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency "safeguard" since 1991. This was not the famous and fictitious yellowcake from Niger, which Bush used to scare the American people with even after the CIA told him the information was false.

He may have had a nuclear program before the Israeli bombed his reactor, but I do not think he was working on it when the US invaded. There was no urgent reason to invade Iraq. He was not massacring his people, he was not threatening to invade his neighbor.

The reason the major media has not taken up the story is, that since the yellowcake was under IEA safeguards since 1991, there is no real story there.
    That is kind of like the argument, "I smoked pot but I didn't inhale".

I'm sure the unbiased information from the ASSOCIATED PRESS is totally reliable (Excuse me while I choke on my own vomit) The WEAPONS GRADE yellow cake that was in iraq's POSSESSION was hidden from inspectors for years and was discovered covertly. It was not under IEA control, if it was how did Joseph Wilson miss it? His directive was expanded beyond the Niger visit; it was in his purview to find evidence of yellow cake uranium.

What was the yellow cake uranium being moved around for? Saddam could have also complied with UN sanctions and demonstrated he was not going to massacre MORE people and that he was not going to invade ANOTHER country and remained the loving, benevolent leader that he was and avoided the invasion.

Regarding no centrifuges for refining and enrichment; why do you need them if you already have the product for bombs? If there was an ongoing power related program there would have been an investment in a continued supply of uranium, henceforth centrifuges.

Again, we can see this any way we want. I am not so obstinate that I cannot see the consequences of the Iraq war and its toll economically, socially and personally.

It's just I think it is totally disingenuous to try and associate the war, or George Bush's character as the root cause of our current economic collapse.

Extremely Bad Judgement? Yes, that is the argument one can make. You will get no disagreement from me.

Jackson's comments say it best:

For the sake of honesty let's drop the horseshit "Bush lied, people died" mantra. Let's also stop it with the no WMD bullcrap; 3300 tonnes of yellow-cake uranium in Iraq that went virtually unreported around election time is validation there was a substantive intent to develop WMDs and shows that Joseph Wilson wasn't very good at the intelligence business or is a lying sack of camel crap. Add in the fact that there are thousands of dead Kurds that serve as an example of a purposeful intent to use WMDs and that no WMD argument doesn't hold water.

SNip[.
    The fact that there was yellow cake does not mean anything. He had a nuclear reactor before the Israeli bombed it. It is normal to have yellow cake if you have a nuclear reactor. If he was working on a nuclear program when we invaded, then where are the hundred if not thousands of centrifuges need enrich the uranium? Iran has hundreds of centrifuges in a cascade trying to enrich uranium.

Eden cites the Associated Press concerning yellowcake uranium removed from Iraq recently. The article also mentions that the yellowcake uranium was under the control of the U. N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency "safeguard" since 1991. This was not the famous and fictitious yellowcake from Niger, which Bush used to scare the American people with even after the CIA told him the information was false.

He may have had a nuclear program before the Israeli bombed his reactor, but I do not think he was working on it when the US invaded. There was no urgent reason to invade Iraq. He was not massacring his people, he was not threatening to invade his neighbor.

The reason the major media has not taken up the story is, that since the yellowcake was under IEA safeguards since 1991, there is no real story there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjack1
    I wonder what Jeb's up to these days?

Jack
    I'm sure Jeb has got his hands full these days with his Queen-like wife and whackjob daughter. I wouldn't trade places with that guy for love or money. Plus, Dubya probably calls him "turdcutter" or "hiney hole".

Doggboy You Said It

Bush didn't lie, he actually believes in the Easter Bunny and that Jack Bauer will save the world. It was Cheney and the gang that orchestrated this mess. Nobody has a real number as to how much we've spent in this sham of a war that we started but they're estimating at over a trillion.

I wonder what Jeb's up to these days?

Jack

Posting Limitations