This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakHunter
    Jackson's comments say it best:

For the sake of honesty let's drop the horseshit "Bush lied, people died" mantra. Let's also stop it with the no WMD bullcrap; 3300 tonnes of yellow-cake uranium in Iraq that went virtually unreported around election time is validation there was a substantive intent to develop WMDs and shows that Joseph Wilson wasn't very good at the intelligence business or is a lying sack of camel crap. Add in the fact that there are thousands of dead Kurds that serve as an example of a purposeful intent to use WMDs and that no WMD argument doesn't hold water.

Jackson's facts in a prior post regarding our economy are irrefutable. The economy tanked in the last year, not over eight. Root cause is simply the fact that credit was extended to people who had little probability or no intention of paying back the money they PERSONALLY committed themselves to pay.

The answer to what started this sounds very simple to me; the American dream was extended to people going all the way back to the Carter years and continued all the way through GW's two terms. Only the American Dream was not an "Earned" opportunity, it was an "Entitlement" program that we will be paying for over the next couple of generations. Nobody stood up to the Barney Franks, Clintons, ACORNs, Community "Reinvestment" people and others with differing motives and we took a collective elephant dick up our rear-end. That includes my beloved Republican Party representatives and senators in Congress.

All the snowball effects that came as a result of this entitlement program are the cleansing enema we experience right now.

Regarding the United States position as a world leader. You will only see what you look for; I know my dollars spend well in every country I visit and I wear my passion for my country proudly on my sleeve.

Or once again, some may not agree. Suerte.
    Yer a funny guy, but this post and some others on the board need to be put in a time capsule with the headline, "Dumb as a bag of hammers in 2009". Sorry brother, keep on plugging them quackers.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackjack1
    Liberate? Why don't we liberate people from Zimbabwe, how about taking people out of the horrible grasp of Kim Jong-il in North Korea, what about the oppressed in Cuba, How about liberating Venezuela? Well, for one thing, they probably don't have oil or anything else we can get our little greedy hands on.
    All in good time, but first let's finish the job in Iraq.

BTW, how can we be characterized as "greedy" when we're paying full market price for every drop of Iraqi oil we receive?

The entire premise that we liberated Iraq because we wanted their oil is ridiculous. The fact is that if all we wanted was the oil, the Saddam would have glady sold us all the oil we wanted, and at a price that wouldn't have included re-building a country.

It must be wonderful to be a liberal, to live emotionally and unconstrained by the actual facts.

Thanks,

Jackson

If there is one thing that is at the root of this mess

Jackson's comments say it best:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    I hold Bush personally responsible for not reining in the Dems as they were eliminated credit requirements and started loaning money to anybody with a pulse.

Thanks,

Jackson
    For the sake of honesty let's drop the horseshit "Bush lied, people died" mantra. Let's also stop it with the no WMD bullcrap; 3300 tonnes of yellow-cake uranium in Iraq that went virtually unreported around election time is validation there was a substantive intent to develop WMDs and shows that Joseph Wilson wasn't very good at the intelligence business or is a lying sack of camel crap. Add in the fact that there are thousands of dead Kurds that serve as an example of a purposeful intent to use WMDs and that no WMD argument doesn't hold water.

Jackson's facts in a prior post regarding our economy are irrefutable. The economy tanked in the last year, not over eight. Root cause is simply the fact that credit was extended to people who had little probability or no intention of paying back the money they PERSONALLY committed themselves to pay.

The answer to what started this sounds very simple to me; the American dream was extended to people going all the way back to the Carter years and continued all the way through GW's two terms. Only the American Dream was not an "Earned" opportunity, it was an "Entitlement" program that we will be paying for over the next couple of generations. Nobody stood up to the Barney Franks, Clintons, ACORNs, Community "Reinvestment" people and others with differing motives and we took a collective elephant dick up our rear-end. That includes my beloved Republican Party representatives and senators in Congress.

All the snowball effects that came as a result of this entitlement program are the cleansing enema we experience right now.

Regarding the United States position as a world leader. You will only see what you look for; I know my dollars spend well in every country I visit and I wear my passion for my country proudly on my sleeve.

Or once again, some may not agree. Suerte.

Colbert was right

Jax you guys really need to run Rush in 2112.

Jackjack the war cost Trillions not billions brother.

Any comments on this idea.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/bailout_executive_pay

Different View

No, the economy was great for 7 years. It's been in a "horrible economic state" only for the past few months.

Yes it's been great for 7 years, if you're a hedgefund, in oil or up until recently in the banking industry.

You've been listening to too many leftist college students and equally leftist media. Try talking to some people in the business community.

I'm a Republican, but a centrist, I don't like the jargon on either of the political extremes.

ROTFLMAO! How exactly were they supposed to ask? By referendum?

Personally, I didn't need that moral crutch anyway.

To liberate 36 million people from a brutal dictatorship. Did you miss those words in my last post?

Liberate? Why don't we liberate people from Zimbabwe, how about taking people out of the horrible grasp of Kim Jong-il in North Korea, what about the oppressed in Cuba, How about liberating Venezuela? Well, for one thing, they probably don't have oil or anything else we can get our little greedy hands on.

We agree on this. I hold Bush personally responsible for not reining in the Dems as they were eliminated credit requirements and started loaning money to anybody with a pulse.

Thanks,

Jackson
    What we agree on something lol?

Jack

Administrator

Jackson you're a cool dude, but have at it. This country is in the horrible economic state because of the last 8 years.
    No, the economy was great for 7 years. It's been in a "horrible economic state" only for the past few months.

This country is hated by most because of it's failed foreign policies.
    You've been listening to too many leftist college students and equally leftist media. Try talking to some people in the business community.

People in Iraq living under the "dictatorship" didn't ask to be saved by us.
    ROTFLMAO! How exactly were they supposed to ask? By referendum?

There were NO weapons of mass destruction, it was all a sham.
    Personally, I didn't need that moral crutch anyway.

Billions of dollars lost, thousands dead for what?
    To liberate 36 million people from a brutal dictatorship. Did you miss those words in my last post?

No regulation covering our financial markets got us to where we are.
    We agree on this. I hold Bush personally responsible for not reining in the Dems as they were eliminated credit requirements and started loaning money to anybody with a pulse.

Thanks,

Jackson

What's up with the Demos and tax evasion?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/...obama_killefer

Jack
    Agreed! PAY YOUR FUCKING TAXES! I'd like to think these assholes were protesting the policies of the past eight years by slacking on their taxes, but, uh, I just don't think so. And this garbage about somehow being unaware, please. I got a letter from the IRS a few months back informing me I owed them an extra $13! I'm guessing they send you letters when you owe 100 grand. Of course, if you didn't own up originally on some stuff, that's another kettle of fish, and you should have your ass deep fried for that as well.

On the Flipside

Jackson you're a cool dude, but have at it. This country is in the horrible economic state because of the last 8 years. This country is hated by most because of it's failed foreign policies. People in Iraq living under the "dictatorship" didn't ask to be saved by us. There were NO weapons of mass destruction, it was all a sham. Billions of dollars lost, thousands dead for what? No regulation covering our financial markets got us to where we are.

Sure, let's go back.

Jack
    What's up with the Demos and tax evasion?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/...obama_killefer

Jack

Cool

Seven years of strong economic growth, Al Qaeda beaten to a pulp, the liberation of 37 million people from a brutal dictatorship, an renewed respect internationally for American military power, and not a single terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11.

Yea, I'd easily return to the policies that resulted in all of the above.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Jackson you're a cool dude, but have at it. This country is in the horrible economic state because of the last 8 years. This country is hated by most because of it's failed foreign policies. People in Iraq living under the "dictatorship" didn't ask to be saved by us. There were NO weapons of mass destruction, it was all a sham. Billions of dollars lost, thousands dead for what? No regulation covering our financial markets got us to where we are.

Sure, let's go back.

Jack

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    We could return to the policies of the last 8 years, after all they worked really well. Didn't they?
    Seven years of strong economic growth, Al Qaeda beaten to a pulp, the liberation of 37 million people from a brutal dictatorship, an renewed respect internationally for American military power, and not a single terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11.

Yea, I'd easily return to the policies that resulted in all of the above.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sid

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Stimulus': Your Money for Illegals, Welfare Recipients, Arts, and Sex.

Just how outrageous is this shameful $819 billion stimulus?

For starters — and this will shock you — both the House and the Senate programs have a loophole that even gives illegal aliens cash payouts.

Here's how The Associated Press explained it: "Undocumented immigrants who are not eligible for a Social Security number can file tax returns with an alternative number. A House-passed version of the economic recovery bill, and one making its way through the Senate, would allow anyone with such a number, called an individual taxpayer identification number (TIN) to qualify for the tax credits."

In case you didn't know it, any illegal can get a TIN number from Social Security, no questions asked.

This means illegals who broke the law to get here will be eligible immediately for federal cash — up to $1,000!

It gets worse. Let me detail for you some facts from the "stimulus":

* More than $4 billion is earmarked for "neighborhood stabilization activities" — money that will go to groups like ACORN, which worked closely with the Obama campaign, the same group accused of massive voter fraud.

* Almost half of the proposed spending will directly benefit the Service Employees International Union, federal, state, and municipal employee unions, or other Democratic-controlled unions, according to writer Ben Stein.

* $600 million goes for news cars for top government bureaucrats.

* Obama promised major infrastructure projects — yet only 5 percent of all the money goes for this.

* $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts.

* $75 million to fund anti-smoking programs.

* $650 million for the switch from analog television to digital.

* $335 million to help prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.

* $600 million for "climate change" research programs.

This is just a small part of the long laundry list of trivial, weird, and simply outrageous programs being funded in the Obama stimulus bill, which goes on for 680 pages — so long no one in the House was believed to have read it before voting for it!
    I take it you agree with the Republicans, haha? In the case of the "illegals," I agree-there should be no handouts, but a little known fact that nobody seems to talk about is the amount of money that illegals put "back" into the system when the taxes taken out of their paychecks fails to go into their fake social security and other federal tax accounts. Substantial figure since McDonalds and the like employ a vast amount of illegal aliens.

Jack

Yup

I'm a Republican but can't stand what's happened over the last 8 years on our watch. We've lost our way. From a party perspective, I don't think it's a good time to be pointing fingers, it will get us nowhere. Time to work together and sweep the crap back into the toilet where it belongs.

Jack
    I would be happy if the real conservatives stood up and reclaimed the Republican party myself. I think we are best governed with a balance of conservative and liberal ideology.

Honestly I don't see a lot of difference between the "parties" but I do think we have a president that understands America as the majority of us know it. Multi-cultural, hard working people. He had no silver spoon in his mouth and understands the plight of the working poor because he grew up as one.

I was behind the former president from Sept. 11 until the folly in Iraq started, I hope some of these knee jerk off Pubs can do the same.

True dat

I'm a Republican but can't stand what's happened over the last 8 years on our watch. We've lost our way. From a party perspective, I don't think it's a good time to be pointing fingers, it will get us nowhere. Time to work together and sweep the crap back into the toilet where it belongs.

Jack

Well

Sidney,

This bill is EXACTLY the change that the Obama supporters voted for.

You know the mantra: Power to the people, redistribution of wealth, the nanny state, etc.

Jackson
    We could return to the policies of the last 8 years, after all they worked really well. Didn't they?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Is this Bill the type CHANGE you anticipated?
    Sidney,

This bill is EXACTLY the change that the Obama supporters voted for.

You know the mantra: Power to the people, redistribution of wealth, the nanny state, etc.

Jackson

Posting Limitations