This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Unemployment Claims Down.

http://www.nydailynews.com/jobs/u-s-...icle-1.1976301

US unemployment claims drop to lowest level in 14 years. This from the NY Post, the Fox of Print Media. The original report came from the Associated Press.

Is that good or bad news? Is the cup half-full or half-empty? Should we be cheering or moping? Does this mean that things are better now or worse compare to 6 years ago? Ah, so confusing! So many unhappy people in AP. Well, I guess you would be if things were so bad that you are eating wieners and beans everyday. No wonder, so much flatulence in the air.

When fracking declines, I personally will clap my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Dccpa, you're embarassing yourself. The 2014 federal deficit is estimated to be 2.9% of GDP, versus the average of 3.1% over the past 40 years (see http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45653 ). That's a result of both spending cuts and higher tax revenues, including those from an improving economy that has brought unemployment down to 5.9%. Your efforts to dismiss these statistics are hollow and baseless.

We've come a long way from the disaster of Bush's laissez-faire free market policies. But we still have more work to do. Obama tried to work out a large deficit reduction package with Boehner a couple years ago, but it fell through when Cantor and others balked at the revenue side and pulled Boehner back. They were unwilling to compromise and raise taxes, they would only allow additional revenue through economic growth. The common theme we see under Bush and then Obama is clear: conservative ideology decreasing federal revenues, and increasing deficits.
    Ah another liberal tactic of attacking facts by trying to divert attention to meaningless statistics. You keep pointing to the falsified unemployment statistics that millions of not working and no longer counted as unemployed Americans will tell you is a lie.

You know what has helped the GDP during BO's time in office? The evil fracking industry. They have helped the USD, the unemployment rate, the balance of trade, income, the deficit, etc. Etc. All of these improvements from fracking are in spite of BO, not because of him. BO has blocked the Keystone Pipeline which would have been better for the environment and better for the American economy. But avoiding pissing off the Environmental Wing of his party is far more important than the American economy. And any idiot, Democrat or Republican, can get the percentage down as the overall deficit has exploded. What I stated was 100% factual. The percentage deficit argument you are making is as stupid as the argument made by Republican operatives under Reagan that deficits don't matter.

Now that the BO has sufficiently pissed off the Saudis and they are going to attempt to kill off our fracking industry, we are going to find out just how much deficits matter. Who are you going to blame when the deficits start widening as a percentage of the GDP as fracking start declining?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    Boehner tried to work out a large deficit reduction package with Obama a couple of years ago, but it fell through when the Democrat political strategists balked at the spending side and pulled Obama back. They were unwilling to compromise and cut spending. The common theme we see under Obama and Reid is clear: liberal ideology increasing federal spending and increasing the national debt.
    Just switching words around without any research, pretty pathetic Tiny.

The sticking point was the revenue side, this is from Boehner himself. He said "Obama moved the goal posts", this is well documented. Obama already had agreed to spending cuts Republicans wanted. He was not pulled back. Cantor and others pulled Boehner back, and then they pulled out instead of continuing negotiations. They were too spineless to try to convince their peers, and their peers too headstrong to be reasoned with.

Everyone knows it is mainly the Republican Party that is unwilling to compromise. If we had more people in Washington willing to compromise, we could reach a big debt deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Dccpa, you're embarassing yourself. The 2014 federal deficit is estimated to be 2.9% of GDP, versus the average of 3.1% over the past 40 years (see http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45653 ). That's a result of both spending cuts and higher tax revenues, including those from an improving economy that has brought unemployment down to 5.9%. Your efforts to dismiss these statistics are hollow and baseless.

We've come a long way from the disaster of Bush's laissez-faire free market policies. But we still have more work to do. Obama tried to work out a large deficit reduction package with Boehner a couple years ago, but it fell through when Cantor and others balked at the revenue side and pulled Boehner back. They were unwilling to compromise and raise taxes, they would only allow additional revenue through economic growth. The common theme we see under Bush and then Obama is clear: conservative ideology decreasing federal revenues, and increasing deficits.
    Boehner tried to work out a large deficit reduction package with Obama a couple of years ago, but it fell through when the Democrat political strategists balked at the spending side and pulled Obama back. They were unwilling to compromise and cut spending. The common theme we see under Obama and Reid is clear: liberal ideology increasing federal spending and increasing the national debt.

Annual deficits ran in excess of a trillion dollars for four years during the Obama administration. They never ran over $500 billion in any year before that. I have not adjusted for inflation or size of the economy.

Deficits

Quote Originally Posted by Dccpa  [View Original Post]
    Even the smallest budget deficit under BO has been larger than the largest budget deficit of any of his predecessors. You tried to deceive us by posting this nonsense:

"it's now at a level lower than the average for the past 40 years.".

BO's black? I thought he was half white and half black. I guess everyone has been lying about his heritage. Pathetic but common liberal attempt to cry race when caught falsifying facts.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    Think you're being more than slightly disingenuous here, but hey, he's the black President, fuck him. And as for living in the real world..... Come and join us!
    Even the smallest budget deficit under BO has been larger than the largest budget deficit of any of his predecessors. You tried to deceive us by posting this nonsense:

"it's now at a level lower than the average for the past 40 years.".

BO's black? I thought he was half white and half black. I guess everyone has been lying about his heritage. Pathetic but common liberal attempt to cry race when caught falsifying facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dccpa  [View Original Post]
    Or as we say in the real world, every year under BO has resulted in a budget deficit higher than in any of his predecessors' worst years. Nice try at spinning the pathetic.
    Think you're being more than slightly disingenuous here, but hey, he's the black President, fuck him. And as for living in the real world..... Come and join us!

Well trickle me down !!

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Yes it's a little known fact but the creator of Vodoo economics did change the spelling of his last name.
    I knew about the change from Brylcreem to Vitalis but this name thing comes as a great surprise !

Spelling

Yes it's a little known fact but the creator of Vodoo economics did change the spelling of his last name.

Did Ronnie somehow have his name changed from Reagan to Regan posthumously ? I suspect that most Republicans are unaware of this, particularly the Boush family.

Amnesty

I ha te to keep harping on this but it does seem interesting that anything that goes wrong during a republican term at the helm the conservatives somehow find a way to blame it on the liberals. I have researched this and can find no reference to Tip Oneill promising the great communicator that he would provide funds to secure the borders. I did find many references from Regan speaches that this law was a cure all for our immigration problem. Regan contended that the section of the new law That would penalize employers who knowingly hired illegals was a game changes. Could this of been a secret agreement between Oneill and regan SOMETHING ON THE ORDER OF THE Regan --- Olie North secret affair with the famous CONTRA agreement with Israil???????

"Latinos are Republicans, they just don't know it yetl"

The above quote was attributed to Ronald Reagan in Jeb Bush's book, Immigration Wars.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=128303672

A few notes on the 1986 Immigration Reform & Control Act.

"The law,,,,,,,was considered largely unsuccessful because the strict sanctions on employers were stripped out of the bill for passage." I wonder which lobby group would have have fought for that. Take a guess, (1) Red Cross (2) Chamber of Commerce (3) Hell's Angels.

Alan Simpson(R), Senator from Wyoming and co-author of the Bill says that the Amnesty provision saved the Act from being a total loss. "If you can bring one person out of an exploited relationship, that's good enough for me."

As for border security, "That's always the palliative that makes people(red necks) feel good......how do we get re-elected? Well, you just put some money into the border."

Border Security is nothing but a red herring when it come to amnesty. There are people who like to shove horse shit around and pretend it is good compost, but even dummies like me know better.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    And Reagan told me that I could get my hands on Nancy, but he never came through. You and your take on history is from Donald Trump's School of Distortion.
    Really?

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to exactly which of my assertions is inaccurate.

Or perhaps you'd prefer just to shoot your mouth off spewing idiotic nonsense as usual.

Thanks,

Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Actually, Reagan signed the law that granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens after the Democratic leaders of the house promised the funding necessary to actually secure the border.

The Democrats lied.

As a result, we now have 12 million MORE undocumented Democrats illegal aliens in the country.

This is why the Republicans are so adamant now that the border be secured BEFORE and as a part of any "immigration reform".

Thanks,

Jax.
    One of main two things Reagan did that pissed me off. Make all the illegal aliens legal. That won't encourage others to illegally enter the US.

Posting Limitations