This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    I'm betting your boy Gómez got his master's degree from a for-profit school like University of Phoenix or Argosy, most likely on-line. I worked in an on-line MBA program for eleven years (at an actual university) and even there the amount of cheating was phenomenal (and the reason I eventually quit a cake job). We had students from Iranafranaghanistan we'd never even see. Who in the fuck knows who was actually doing the coursework? One time I e-mailed some student Amaranda Panesh Yummy Yogurt or something like that, that he or she needed to improve his or her writing skills. Suddenly the submitted assignments came in, in perfect English. Problem was, it wasn't British English, so it wasn't him or her writing it. The cheating itself pissed me off but thinking I would be too stupid to notice it probably pissed me off more.

I can't say I thought the 9 year old shooting the firearms instructor was funny but I shed no tears for the stupid motherfucker.

I hate to laugh at others misfortunes (maybe that is a lie because I found the gun instructor getting shot by the 9-year old girl with the automatic weapon funny also) but I read this today and found it hilarious.

"I've had to seriously downgrade my living situation, said Alex Gomez, a 42-year-old with a masters degree in entrepreneurship. Gomez lost his last full-time job in 2009 and has been looking for work since a short-term contract position ended in 2012." If there ever was a guy who majored in the wrong subject, I think we found him.

We Democrats are part of the problem. In California, we are raising the minimum wage to $10 in January. My girlfriend who works for minimum wage plus tips is losing her 5 days paid sick leave beginning January. She is net ahead. Minimum wage raise is $2000(1- tax rate) > 40 hours * $10 = $400 sick pay.

I wish they would hire some people where she works. She rants daily about all the overtime she is working. Maybe I will head to BA for three weeks to get some time off. I am tired of hearing it.

Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Actually, Reagan signed the law that granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens after the Democratic leaders of the house promised the funding necessary to actually secure the border.

The Democrats lied.

As a result, we now have 12 million MORE undocumented Democrats illegal aliens in the country.

This is why the Republicans are so adamant now that the border be secured BEFORE and as a part of any "immigration reform".

Thanks,

Jax.
    And Reagan told me that I could get my hands on Nancy, but he never came through. You and your take on history is from Donald Trump's School of Distortion.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Dccpa  [View Original Post]
    On another board, read a report from a guy who had been unemployed for over a year. Finally found a job. Thirty minutes into the job, he decided the place was too messy and told the employer this job wasn't for him. If that person wasn't receiving government assistance, you think he would have been so picky?
    This is why we need a Guest Worker program.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Going back at lest 100 years the only US president that signed into law a congressional law issuing amnesty to illegal immigrants was the creator of trickle down economics...I suppose all presidents at one time or another granted individual amnesty fora specific allian but the great communicator signed a bill , ok I'm not sure of the number but I think it covered 9 million.
    Actually, Reagan signed the law that granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens after the Democratic leaders of the house promised the funding necessary to actually secure the border.

The Democrats lied.

As a result, we now have 12 million MORE undocumented Democrats illegal aliens in the country.

This is why the Republicans are so adamant now that the border be secured BEFORE and as a part of any "immigration reform".

Thanks,

Jax.

Illegal immigrant amnesty

Going back at lest 100 years the only US president that signed into law a congressional law issuing amnesty to illegal immigrants was the creator of trickle down economics...I suppose all presidents at one time or another granted individual amnesty fora specific allian but the great communicator signed a bill , ok I'm not sure of the number but I think it covered 9 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    We are in agreement that job loss and difficulty to find work are bad things. But I provided a link showing the number of discouraged workers is declining, along with the unemployment rate. The decline in LFPR can't be declared a bad thing if these numbers are both moving in positive directions. Given the strength in the economy lately, you should be advising your clients to get off their ass and look for a job.

You seem determined to focus on the negative and ignore the positive. I guess if unemployment falls below 5%, you'll still be complaining how tough it is for your clients who gave up.

BTW, the New York Post has no credibility. It's a vile, disgusting piece of right-wing trash, owned by the same owner as Fox News, but far worse. They specialize in hit pieces on Democrats, and serve as a so-called "legitimate" news source to propagate false or questionable stories across right wing media to people who don't know better. Try to find a more credible source to back up your claims of fraudulent government data.
    As opposed to the saintly liberal news sources that you frequent? And I have proven to you that millions are no longer counted as unemployed because their benefits ran out. Yet you continue to tout the falsified unemployment rate.

Absolutely Esten, they just snap their fingers and find jobs. You seem to ignore every single statistic that says the longer you are unemployed, the harder it is to find a job. Common sense tells you an employer will question why that person couldn't find a job when others did. Esten why would you want them to go off disability and go to work? After being on disability for a while, they will get used to the free money and become Democrats.

On another board, read a report from a guy who had been unemployed for over a year. Finally found a job. Thirty minutes into the job, he decided the place was too messy and told the employer this job wasn't for him. If that person wasn't receiving government assistance, you think he would have been so picky? That person should have the god given right to starve to death for sheer stupidity, but liberals will keep this person alive and voting for more welfare.

Administrator

These are perversions of the Democratic philosophy. Democratic policies are based on moral and economic arguments, not on buying votes.
    Hahahahahahaha!

Stop it Esten, you're killing me.

The fact is that if you removed the Democrats ability to give free money to their constituents, they'd never win another election.

Thanks,

Jax.

PS: Coming next: Amnesty for illegal aliens, which should buy another 12 million permanent Democrat voters.

Very good point

These are perversions of the Democratic philosophy. Democratic policies are based on moral and economic arguments, not on buying votes.
    Esten.

Totally agree that the Democratic philosophy is about moral and humanistic philosophies as opposed to acquiring the most money which is the Republican philosophy. Unfortunately, sometimes even the best of philosophies are taken to the extreme-in BOTH parties!!

Stowe.

For Democrats the increase in disability claims is a good thing because every person receiving disability payments is a permanent "bought and paid for" Democrat voter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stowe  [View Original Post]
    Democratic politicians buy off the average American with 'benefits' (sometimes good and sometimes BS)

My statements are based upon daily interactions with businesses and their employees. I guess only having facts instead of ivory tower theories puts me at a disadvantage. Please inform my clients that gave up looking for work that they voluntarily retired. They will feel so much better about themselves.
    We are in agreement that job loss and difficulty to find work are bad things. But I provided a link showing the number of discouraged workers is declining, along with the unemployment rate. The decline in LFPR can't be declared a bad thing if these numbers are both moving in positive directions. Given the strength in the economy lately, you should be advising your clients to get off their ass and look for a job.

You seem determined to focus on the negative and ignore the positive. I guess if unemployment falls below 5%, you'll still be complaining how tough it is for your clients who gave up.

BTW, the New York Post has no credibility. It's a vile, disgusting piece of right-wing trash, owned by the same owner as Fox News, but far worse. They specialize in hit pieces on Democrats, and serve as a so-called "legitimate" news source to propagate false or questionable stories across right wing media to people who don't know better. Try to find a more credible source to back up your claims of fraudulent government data.

Hahaha. Payback is a "*****''

Democratic politicians buy off the average American with 'benefits' (sometimes good and sometimes BS) while Republicans are BOUGHT off by the *Cock* (Koch) Brothers and Corporate America. Payback is a *****.

The Republican base is dying off with the death of every white male, over the age of about 45, and in perhaps 20 years will only be able to control the House. As long as they continue to on hate on gays, women and all minorities (pretty much anyone who is not white and male) they will ever so slowly become a regional party. For now, the *Cock* brothers money will buy elections but eventually Repubs (of which I was one 20 years ago) will find themselves isolated from the young (as they are more and more now), women and minorities.

Just hope for a slight change in the Supremes and that may override the Citizens United decision which would mean no more buying of elections (at least via so obvious and direct means, that is). The US is really MORE corrupt than most other countries because they actually legalize their political corruption whereas in other countries it is still illegal but it is done anyway.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Repubs still trying to live in the 1950's. It is a new time, a new country-learn to adjust whether we like it or not and evolve in the new society or become extinct. Time to progress-JUST A LITTLE.

Happiness to all (unless u watch Fox the foremost, but not exclusive, purveyor of fear, hate and anger).

Stowe.

For Democrats the increase in disability claims is a good thing because every person receiving disability payments is a permanent "bought and paid for" Democrat voter.

Of course the USDA Food Stamp program is a much more efficient program for this purpose as the price per voter is much cheaper, which is why John Podesta spent his out-of-government years running a wildly successful Democrat program that recruited food stamp recipients in a way that the Federal Government is prohibited from doing directly.

Thanks,

Jax.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stowe For This Post:

Of course the USDA Food Stamp program is a much more efficient program
    I don't think the food stamp program is very efficient. I used almost half of mine just to mail the watermelon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    That communist muslim is still hell bent on ruining the country. The Congressional Budget Office announced this week that last year saw the deficit drop nearly one-third. This was the fifth year in a row of a falling deficit and it's now at a level lower than the average for the past 40 years.

Is Sean Hannity still screaming about Obamas out of control spending? I don't watch his show so perhaps one of Fox News' regular viewers could enlighten us.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy/...-report-676727
    Or as we say in the real world, every year under BO has resulted in a budget deficit higher than in any of his predecessors' worst years. Nice try at spinning the pathetic.

Administrator

...the new game is to do whatever it takes to qualify for disability. That subject is worthy of its own post. Here is an article that shows how much disability claims are increasing. But hey, at least they aren't unemployed anymore.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ulation-greece

Of course the USDA Food Stamp program is a much more efficient program for this purpose as the price per voter is much cheaper, which is why John Podesta spent his out-of-government years running a wildly successful Democrat program that recruited food stamp recipients in a way that the Federal Government is prohibited from doing directly.

Thanks,

Jax.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Posting Limitations