This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Deficit reduced

That communist muslim is still hell bent on ruining the country. The Congressional Budget Office announced this week that last year saw the deficit drop nearly one-third. This was the fifth year in a row of a falling deficit and it's now at a level lower than the average for the past 40 years.

Is Sean Hannity still screaming about Obamas out of control spending? I don't watch his show so perhaps one of Fox News' regular viewers could enlighten us.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy/...-report-676727

Quote Originally Posted by Dccpa  [View Original Post]
    If Republicans take the Senate, it will be stalemate. Since I don't trust either party, I really like the idea of stalemate.
    This. Absolutely this, and nothing but this. In fact, think of the money we could save by just declaring a 50/50 split between the two parties. Each state gets one Republican senator and one Democratic senator. This in and of itself would guarantee that absolutely nothing got done. Eventually everyone in Washington could just go home. And the debates would be interesting for a couple of weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1

Breaking scandalous news just published in the Washington Post today; apparently a White House staffer (political appointee, son of a Obama campaign donor) brought a prostitute to his room at the Hilton in Cartagena and the White House engaged in a significant coverup (including putting three investigators on administrative leave, forcing IG office to soften findings of investigation) to prevent the scandal from influencing the November 2012 presidential election.
    Whereas any European or other sensible person would say, "So the fuck what?" A prostitute influencing an election. Right. By the way, I don't really give a shit about the elections since I just figure out how best to fuck with whatever system I'm presented. But, there will be no "hanging chads" in my municipality because I, Dickhead, will be the independent voter on the Resolutions Committee to determine voter intent.

And I am independent in the same sense that Punter is independent, only opposite!

"Your characterization of all these people hurting because their unemployment benefits ran out, is beyond simplistic. " My statements are based upon daily interactions with businesses and their employees. I guess only having facts instead of ivory tower theories puts me at a disadvantage. Please inform my clients that gave up looking for work that they voluntarily retired. They will feel so much better about themselves. For those under 62, they don't have a job or social security. With nothing but time and nothing to lose, the new game is to do whatever it takes to qualify for disability. That subject is worthy of its own post. Here is an article that shows how much disability claims are increasing. But hey, at least they aren't unemployed anymore.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ulation-greece

And going back to the topic of fraudulent government employment data:

http://nypost.com/2014/10/06/denver-...tion-to-light/

Her claims are only regarding falsification of data within the DOL. Data sent to the DOL is false. So, you have false data that is further manipulated by the US Government.

If Republicans take the Senate, it will be stalemate. Since I don't trust either party, I really like the idea of stalemate.

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Dccpa, the LFPR can decline simply because people retire, or go (back) to college, or any other number of reasons why a person able to work does not. So the LFPR is not inherently a bad thing. The retiring baby boomer population is in fact a primary reason for the declining LFPR over the past decade, especially the last five years. Your characterization of all these people hurting because their unemployment benefits ran out, is beyond simplistic. I knew your response would be weak, but never expected it to be so ridiculous.

Usually, the right wing LFPR argument is that large numbers of people are giving up looking for jobs because of a poor economy. However, not even that argument passes muster anymore. The number of so-called 'discouraged workers' has dropped steadily since 2010 (in parallel with the dropping unemployment rate). Just last month, the number of discouraged workers shrank to 698,000 from 775,000 the prior month.

Drop in U.S. Labor Force Hard to Pin on Discouraged Workers
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...d-workers.html

Here's another interesting statistic: 2014 is on track for the strongest year of job creation since 1999. Imagine that, a year stronger than any year under the great, failed experiment of Bush's laissez-faire free market capitalism. And the strongest year is the year the Affordable Care Act was rolled out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1

Breaking scandalous news just published in the Washington Post today; apparently a White House staffer (political appointee, son of a Obama campaign donor) brought a prostitute to his room at the Hilton in Cartagena and the White House engaged in a significant coverup (including putting three investigators on administrative leave, forcing IG office to soften findings of investigation) to prevent the scandal from influencing the November 2012 presidential election.

The coming elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/up...abt=0002&abg=1

Can the Democrats manage to hang on to the Senate? Probably, but as you know, anything can happen. But what is amazing is that AP is so quiet on this subject that there might as well be no elections. And oh yes, I need to keep my big mouth shut. Nothing to haunt me next month just in case the GOP win the lottery. I would be toast, then. But I promise not to crow if & when the Democrats retain the Senate. And the witch-hunt is averted.

Number of 'discouraged workers' dropping too

Dccpa, the LFPR can decline simply because people retire, or go (back) to college, or any other number of reasons why a person able to work does not. So the LFPR is not inherently a bad thing. The retiring baby boomer population is in fact a primary reason for the declining LFPR over the past decade, especially the last five years. Your characterization of all these people hurting because their unemployment benefits ran out, is beyond simplistic. I knew your response would be weak, but never expected it to be so ridiculous.

Usually, the right wing LFPR argument is that large numbers of people are giving up looking for jobs because of a poor economy. However, not even that argument passes muster anymore. The number of so-called 'discouraged workers' has dropped steadily since 2010 (in parallel with the dropping unemployment rate). Just last month, the number of discouraged workers shrank to 698,000 from 775,000 the prior month.

Drop in U.S. Labor Force Hard to Pin on Discouraged Workers
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...d-workers.html

Here's another interesting statistic: 2014 is on track for the strongest year of job creation since 1999. Imagine that, a year stronger than any year under the great, failed experiment of Bush's laissez-faire free market capitalism. And the strongest year is the year the Affordable Care Act was rolled out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Esten For This Post:

Still firing shots wildly as you scamper away!

Quote Originally Posted by Punter127  [View Original Post]
    Now you guys are a tag team? Birds of a feather and all that.

Typical, really? I thought it was rather original, Oh well.

OK OK you got me, you're right I've been "exposed," now everybody know I'm an independent voter.

ROFLMAO.

Guys I don't even vote in primary elections because I refuse declare a party affiliation, I wouldn't expect either of you to understand that. I will let the cat out of the bag and tell you a little secret, years ago I was a registered Democrat. But

"I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic Party left me. ".

Time to get back to the issues now, we're a bit off topic.
    Yes, an "ilk" team by default. Of course, you have never been part of a tag team on AP! Ok, the mirror is foggy again. By the way, you do roll on the floor more than my dog. Watch out for the fleas!

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    248,000 jobs created in September, and a 69,000 jobs upward revision for July and August. As a chief economist at RBC Global Asset Management said today, "This is a very muscular report. Its showing powerful job creation, no matter how one cares to slice it.". Once again, more evidence that Republicans lied to the American people when they said the Affordable Care Act would be a big jobs killer.

Does Obama get the credit? Partly. But most of it is simply because we have a fundamentally private-sector driven capitalist economy. The structure of the U.S. economy hasn't changed significantly because of anything Obama did.

Wet blanket Republicans will continue trying to make things sound bad anyway they can, like Dccpa posting about the LFPR. I wonder if he can explain why the decline in LFPR is a bad thing (which he seems to imply), and what the underlying causes are.

This is an excellent jobs report, and a milestone to have brought the unemployment rate back into the 5's. All Americans should see this as a good thing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-5-9-percent/
    I laughed my ass off at that news yesterday. The stock market is on the brink of falling sharply and magically, months of employment get revised upwards. Just think, the way the government counts unemployment, we should be at about 4% when Obama leaves office. The 1. 9% lower unemployment rate won't be people finding jobs, the government excluded them.

Esten, if you don't understand why a decline in the LFPR (ie. Less people employed) is a bad thing, explaining it will not do any good. But I will make one attempt. These people are no longer working, but their unemployment benefits have run out and the government has stopped counting them as unemployed. A majority of families need two incomes to maintain their current lifestyles. Now take away one of the two jobs and tell me that isn't a bad thing for them. With extremely few exceptions, most of the people I know work because they have to. Take away their jobs and tell me it isn't a bad thing. Those people didn't retire, they lost their jobs and have given up finding new ones. But hey, their lack of work isn't a bad thing.

Two branches of the Federal Reserve have issued reports stating that Obamacare is hurting the US economy. Get to spinning Esten.

http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/f...economy-15116/

It takes about 190,000 jobs each month for the high & college graduates entering the market.

Now you guys are a tag team? Birds of a feather and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by RcCollins  [View Original Post]
    Typical response of someone who has been exposed, and you're the only one screaming.
    Typical, really? I thought it was rather original, Oh well.

OK OK you got me, you're right I've been "exposed," now everybody knows I'm an independent voter.

ROFLMAO.

An independent voter, often called an unaffiliated voter in the United States, is a voter who does not align him or herself with a political party. An independent is variously defined as a voter who votes for candidates and issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship; a voter who does not have long-standing loyalty to, or identification with, a political party; a voter who does not usually vote for the same political party from election to election; or a voter who self-describes as an independent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_(voter).
    Guys I don't even vote in primary elections because I refuse declare a party affiliation, I wouldn't expect either of you to understand that. I will let the cat out of the bag and tell you a little secret, years ago I was a registered Democrat. But

"I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic Party left me. ".

Time to get back to the issues now, we're a bit off topic.

That trumps your bullshit "process of deduction reasoning" and leaves it inconsequential. So you can scream your meaningless opinion from the fucking roof tops if you like, but at the end of the day I'll still be an independent, like it or not.

Typical response of someone who has been exposed, and you're the only one screaming.

Why so angry?

I just call it the way I see it.

I have an opinion, and you have yours, remember?

Are you could circle the wagons again, up to you.

Anyway I'm ROFLMAO.
    Actions over words.

You should be on the Tonight show!

You just don't get it do you? I have declared myself as an independent, I have meet the legal requirements of being an independent and my home state has recognized me as an independent. That trumps your bullshit "process of deduction reasoning" and leaves it inconsequential. So you can scream your meaningless opinion from the fucking roof tops if you like, but at the end of the day I'll still be an independent, like it or not.
    Say RcCollins, the man is right. He is a force unto himself. Reminds me of the guy I met on the subway who told me he was Juan Peron. And he was!!! He even show me his ID.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev BS For This Post:

By the process of deduction reasoning, a reasonable and impartial trier of fact would reach the conclusion that you are not independent.
    You just don't get it do you? I have declared myself as an independent, I have meet the legal requirements of being an independent and my home state has recognized me as an independent. That trumps your bullshit "process of deduction reasoning" and leaves it inconsequential. So you can scream your meaningless opinion from the fucking roof tops if you like, but at the end of the day I'll still be an independent, like it or not.

The Iraq war has been debated enough so I'll skip that as we won't change each other's view on that topic.
    OK works for me.

I will maintain what I wrote and will say that people voted for that war based on the intentionally inaccurate information and "faulty intelligence" that was presented to them. Flip the script where a democratic president did what Bush did and the right would also claim ex post facto that their vote was based on the faulty intelligence presented to them and therefore not responsible for it.
    I will repeat myself "Congress had many months to investigate and debate the administration's claims that Iraq was a threat as well as the likely implications of a US invasion. Members of Congress also fully recognized that the resolution authorized a full-scale invasion of a sovereign nation and a subsequent military occupation of an indefinite period. " It's Congress job to investigate the facts before authorizing military action or war. Congress is the only branch with the power to declare war, the president can only request that they do so. I'm not giving them a pass for for failing to perform their duties just because there Democrats, as apparently you do. If Bush did something illegal why hasn't he been prosecuted? Without said prosecution your argument is trivial and hackneyed.

Hiring rebounds in September; unemployment rate falls to 5.9 percent

248,000 jobs created in September, and a 69,000 jobs upward revision for July and August. As a chief economist at RBC Global Asset Management said today, "This is a very muscular report. Its showing powerful job creation, no matter how one cares to slice it.". Once again, more evidence that Republicans lied to the American people when they said the Affordable Care Act would be a big jobs killer.

Does Obama get the credit? Partly. But most of it is simply because we have a fundamentally private-sector driven capitalist economy. The structure of the U.S. economy hasn't changed significantly because of anything Obama did.

Wet blanket Republicans will continue trying to make things sound bad anyway they can, like Dccpa posting about the LFPR. I wonder if he can explain why the decline in LFPR is a bad thing (which he seems to imply), and what the underlying causes are.

This is an excellent jobs report, and a milestone to have brought the unemployment rate back into the 5's. All Americans should see this as a good thing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-5-9-percent/

The one statistic Esten can't spin.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...s-not-labor-fo

Obama has taken forward to the past.

"the collapse in the labor force participation rate, which in September slid from an already three decade low 62.8% to 62.7% - the lowest in over 36 years, matching the February 1978 lows. And while according to the Household Survey, 232,000 people found jobs, what is more disturbing is that the people not in the labor force, rose to a new record high, increasing by 315,000 to 92.6 million!

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...t%202014_0.jpg

The labor force participation rate, peaked. Notice that about 70-80% of the decline in the labor force participation rate has happened under BO's Presidency.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dccpa For This Post:

Posting Limitations