This forum thread is moderated by Admin

This is serious

Ok this is serious. If my bail bondsman comes through I will be in BA on Oct 08. I would love to meet any of you members for a beer. If the truth were known I am a well experienced rookie. Let me pick your brain for info. I have been to BA many times and I really love it. But with your knowledge and insight things would be better.

Has anyone been to the bar toward the end of Florida Street with the Alto sax player. I can't remember his name but if you walk to the end of Florida st he is on the left side standing just a little in the street. I can be found most nights in the outside cafe listening to his great music You can recognize me as I am a very handsome, slim, tall well dressed guy with girls hanging all over me.

Well OK I am short pudgy and you can recognize me being alone.

Join me for a beer.

Democracy

It took our country 100 years to perfect democracy. OK this is debatable but in my opinion not until we fought a civil war did our democracy take hold. W and his cronies thought all they had to do was create a situation were citisens got to vote for their leader and that was democracy. W should of spent a little time studying history and what took place in Paris in 1917.

When W took out Hesein he removed the only force that was a balance against Iran. Hell we supported Iraq in their 8 year war with Iran. The world will be dealing with the mess W created for mucho mucho years.

Bbombings

Punter, when W approved bombings he was trying to defeat bad guys and encourage democracy. When O approved bombings he was trying to clean up the mess W left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by RcCollins  [View Original Post]
    Setting your verbal gymnastics aside, the statement below is a factual conclusion no independent voter can deny.
    ISIS is a direct result of the Iraq invasion but the right will never admit that.
    I'm a (registered) "independent voter" and I deny your so called "factual conclusion", I view your statement as an "argument from ignorance" because it can't be proven or disproven. I think the problem started before Bush.

Bush or any conservative "war" president in command is not a deterrent nor would not put fear in the hearts of any irrational country or groups. If irrational people feared military power, 9-11 would never had occurred.
    Obama the bomber has bombed seven countries in six years!

Some of the bombings I refer to started under Bush but Obama continued them and even increased some. Apparently bombings from a Nobel Peace Prize holding president hasn't struck much fear in their hearts either.

So where do you suggest we go from here?

Presidents

In my lifetime its hard to choose the best president from Harry Truman to Obama. Its easy to name the worst W. I voted for papa Bush the first term. Never voted for W so you can't blame me. Truman Eisenhower and nixon were probably the most influental I mean that in a positive way. Johnson and Carter passed the best legislation. Clinton raised taxes and that put our economy in such good shape we ran surpluses. I think this will light up this site. So Ok it needs a little life.

U.S. better positioned now to deal with ISIS

Remember, we were dealing with a bad Iraqi president who refused the terms of a Status of Forces Agreement with the U.S., who fostered sectarian division, and who failed to ensure strong, effective leadership in the Iraqi military. If we had kept our troops in Iraq, nothing would have changed in Iraq, ISIS would have continued growing and planning in Syria, and there would not have been a regional and global coalition to address them.

Fast forward, and all of that has changed for the better. Not without a cost, but Iraq, the region and the world had to see the threat they faced to force this change.

It's a game of chess. We can debate whether it would have been better to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely. But since then, ISIS made some bad moves and Obama made some good moves. They will be contained, especially now that the campaign has moved into Syria.

As usual, the right is once again attempting to dumb-down a complex story into a simple message: It's Obama's Fault. It works well on their LIV base, not so much on those who apply some critical thinking. Critical thinking is a threat to conservatives; Bill Clinton said as much recently, when he said "The last thing they want you to do is think. "

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-your-brain-at

LOL. I am now reminded why I stopped reading these threads years ago. State propaganda 101.

Stop Arguing Past History that You Cannot Change

History is history, no matter who is at fault. ISIS is a very real threat, now and in the future. They are well financed and well organized. Freedom loving people the world over must unite to stop ISIS before it is too late.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    If ever there was a line from Rachael Maddow, that was it. Spoken with total sincerity, too.
    Setting your verbal gymnastics aside, the statement below is a factual conclusion no independent voter can deny. BTW, I don't watch Maddow's show so I have no idea what her lines are.

ISIS is a direct result of the Iraq invasion but the right will never admit that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rc Collins For This Post:

Administrator

Venues: 398

Wow, that was an MSNBC moment!

If ever there was a line from Rachael Maddow, that was it. Spoken with total sincerity, too.

Wow, that was a Hannity moment!

ISIS is a direct result of Obama's withdrawal of the American military after Bush's successful liberation of Iraq from a brutal dictator, but the left will never admit that.

Thanks,

Jax.
    If ever there was a line from Hannity, that was it. Spoken with total sincerity, too.

I just love these circular reasoning contests. Or not.

The status of forces agreement

I just looked it up and Its called the status of forces agreement. It seems that that agreement isn't the same in every country we have troops in. Some countrys have more leeway when handling an incident with a soldier. In Iraq we demanded That any us military Personal involved in any incident would be handled by the US military. Iraq wouldn't agree to it so here we are. Some of our right wingers in congress have stated that Obama didn't negotiate hard enough. Come on W signed the agreement not O. Also Senator Mccaine said there were loop holes in the agreement. Before we sent advisors back into Iraq the new president signed a new status of forces agreement. Case closed.

Your hero W

If I'm not mistaken 6 weeks before W turned the presidency over to Obama, after several years of negotiating with the Iraq government w signed an agreement with the waco in charge of Iraq A Mr Malike The agreement said all American troops must be out of Iraq by Dec 31 2011. Thats when the agreement with Iraq that they would not prosicute any US soldier for any crimes that they may commit such as shooting someone in self defense. An agreement that every country has agreed to that has US troops. My departure date may be off but I'm sure the rest is correct. When Iraq refused to extend that agreement the US had no choice but to leave.

Really?!

ISIS is a direct result of Obama's withdrawal of the American military after Bush's successful liberation of Iraq from a brutal dictator, but the left will never admit that.

Thanks,

Jax.
    Wow! This is so wrong I can't quite believe that you can actually believe it! Saddam H was a brutal dictator, for sure, but everything else is nonsense. Suggest that you extend your news gathering to other sources other than Fox.

Posting Limitations