Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Mr. Dooley

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Yes, it has been a long, long time since I was in High School.

But what I learned then was part fiction. Sort of.

The law I believe says something about the Justices not taking party sides on their decisions.

How many fund raisers did Scalia attend and give money to.

He should have been kicked out. As should a few others.

So, If the Republican Senate does not confirm a pick, isn't that Obstruction of Justice?
    "No matther whether th’ constitution follows h’ flag or not, th’ Supreme Coort follows th’ election returns” wrote Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936) in 1901, through his comic character Mr. Dooley. The language has often been cleaned up to say “the Supreme Court follows the election returns” or “judges follow the election returns” or “the Supreme Court reads the elections returns.” The statement means that judges often tailor their decisions to currently popular social and political trends, sometimes without proper regard for the Constitution.

Don B.

No

So, If the Republican Senate does not confirm a pick, isn't that Obstruction of Justice?
    It's known as balance of powers.

There are many appointments the Senate has to confirm. It's the way the Founders intended for it to work.

Civics

Yes, it has been a long, long time since I was in High School.

But what I learned then was part fiction. Sort of.

The law I believe says something about the Justices not taking party sides on their decisions.

How many fund raisers did Scalia attend and give money to.

He should have been kicked out. As should a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    The President can pick all he wants to, but if the Senate does not confirm his pick, the choice will go nowhere. Do you really think a Republican controlled Senate is going to confirm an Obama pick?? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would like to sell you. That's high school civics, WT.

Tres3.

Could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    The President can pick all he wants to, but if the Senate does not confirm his pick, the choice will go nowhere. Do you really think a Republican controlled Senate is going to confirm an Obama pick?? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would like to sell you. That's high school civics, WT.

Tres3.
    Depends on who they send up. They have pressure due to the rules for when there are not 9 justices. From what I understand if they hear a case (and they have open cases) and they tie then the lower court ruling is confirmed.

Additionally if Bernie wins... They can't tie it up for the next 5 years.

Scalia Death

The President will be able to pick a new Supreme Court Justice!!!

Tres3.

I am so Happy

The President will be able to pick a new Supreme Court Justice!!!

They have surrendered

Why do they lie or do they just not do their homework?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-c...--finance.html
    The thread is dead, the battle has been won.

Fact checking last night Debate

Why do they lie or do they just not do their homework?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-c...--finance.html

Cruz versus Trump

As a conversation starter, here is my theory that I have not seen published anywhere else yet.

Trump is using the birther argument against Cruz as a feint. Cruz is saying he is a constitutional lawyer and Trump does not know what he is talking about. Who is the other American president that was a constitutional lawyer? To save you the the research, it's Obama. So I would create an ad that shows soundbites of Cruz saying he has been a constitutional lawyer his whole life in the last debate juxtaposed against Obama saying he was a constitutional lawyer from the recent State of the Union speech. If it comes down between Trump and Cruz, I think this will be the closing argument. What do you want? A man who has built a great business or a man who was a lawyer most of his life? We just had eight years of the constitutional lawyer. Cruz will be more of the same. Cruz has far different ideas than Obama but the question remains, can he execute. Really it is the same argument Kasich, Christie and Bush are making. As governors, they have managed through crises.

I have no dog in this fight as I am a Democrat. However I do not think we have a winning candidate running as of now although we will get our 47% as Romney pointed out. I am hoping that if Sanders wins Iowa and New Hampshire, Biden jumps back in. Clinton on top of all her baggage is making mistake after mistake in her campaign. I do not think physically she up to the challenge. I think her exhaustion and fatigue are creating errors in judgement. Remember the last month in the State Department she had to take a leave of absence due to health.

A good show to watch is "In All Due Respect." Halperin and Heileman were guys that wrote "Game Change". They are focused on the strategy and tactics of the campaigns.

And to piss off all the repubs on the forum

Here you go

Some good news to start your days.

http://nbc.com.co/obama-announces-th...sidential-run/

I Must Be Bored Lately

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Good Job TL I think you gave everyone a good laugh, insulted every liberal on the board but don't you think 13 is a little old for Bill?
    A Big Thank You There Good Buddy!

Ok Boys , sorry to break my promise of posting on this thread only 1 time every 5 years or so.

I will try to wait another 5 years.

TL

Damn , couldn't do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blowjob.jpg‎  

Good Job

Good Job TL I think you gave everyone a good laugh, insulted every liberal on the board but don't you think 13 is a little old for Bill?

A Rare Political Post by TL

I don't know anything about politics but this is the funniest thing that I have read in a long time and after that MF shot everyone in Oregon I needed a good laugh.

Things that I trust more than Hillary Clinton:

* Mexican tap water.

* A rattlesnake with a pet me sign.

* OJ Simpson showing me his knife collection.

* A fart when I have diarrhea.

* An elevator ride with Ray Rice.

* Taking pills offered by Bill Cosby.

* Michael Jackson's Doctor.

* An Obama Nuclear deal with Iran.

* A Palestinian on a motorcycle.

* Gas station Sushi.

* A Jimmy Carter economic plan.

* Brian Williams news reports.

* Loch Ness monster sightings.

* Prayers for peace from Al Sharpton.

* An Obama endorsement.

* Bill Clinton chaperoning a group of 13 year old girls.

* Casey Anthony as my babysitter.

I Hope that nobody gets offended .

TL.

Eric Fanning

I'm surprised , no comments from anyone on Mr. Fannings appointment?

Posting Limitations