Thread: American Politics during the Obama Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 439 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    I am not sure this is the correct site to post this but here goes.

My first trip to BA was when the currency was 2.5 pesos to the dollar. This was an improvement from 1.1 to the dollar. I have now made maybe 15 trips to BA. I really like this city. I have health issues in my usa city but when this is resolved I will be back home in BA. I am retired and my intentions are to spend 8-9 months a year in BA. Please keep me posted on your party.. I would like to meet my fellow Xpats.
    Hotrod,

With all due respect, the American Politics thread is definitely NOT the place to go looking for friends.

I might suggest that you consider posting your announcement in the Travel Announcements / Who's in Town section of the forum.

Thanks,

Jax.

Looking for friends

I am not sure this is the correct site to post this but here goes.

My first trip to BA was when the currency was 2.5 pesos to the dollar. This was an improvement from 1.1 to the dollar. I have now made maybe 15 trips to BA. I really like this city. I have health issues in my usa city but when this is resolved I will be back home in BA. I am retired and my intentions are to spend 8-9 months a year in BA. Please keep me posted on your party.. I would like to meet my fellow Xpats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    You have a rather broad definition of "invasion." I believe those to come on US soil, from outside US soil. Some might extend that definition to embassies. I don't, but you could sure make the argument. I think less of an argument can be made for a warship. Not that any of those events were good, of course. And the first WTC attack (a truck bomb) did not originate from outside the country, so I think it's terrorism, but not an invasion.
    Using your limited definition of "invasion"--how do you explain that all of the convicted were foreigners?

Salameh and Nidal Ayyad are Palestinians. The other two convicted defendants are Ahmad Ajaj, 28, who is also Palestinian, and Mahmud Abouhalima, 34, who is an Egyptian-born German citizen. The prosecution charged that all four participated in the conspiracy because of anti-American beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasNorte  [View Original Post]
    I believe the correct number under Clinton was 5 and the effectiveness response was none.

1. The First WTC Attack Clinton had been in office just 38 days when terrorists bombed the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring more than 1,000.

2. Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran, Saudi killing 19 Americans.

3. 4. The Embassies on August 7, 1998, bombs exploded at U.S. Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. More than 200 people were killed, including 12 Americans.

5. The USS Cole bombed in Aden, Yemen came on October 12, 2000 killing 17 Americans.
    You have a rather broad definition of "invasion." I believe those to come on US soil, from outside US soil. Some might extend that definition to embassies. I don't, but you could sure make the argument. I think less of an argument can be made for a warship. Not that any of those events were good, of course. And the first WTC attack (a truck bomb) did not originate from outside the country, so I think it's terrorism, but not an invasion.

Times we were invaded under Clinton: None.

Effectiveness of response: None needed.

Times we were invaded under Bush the Second: One.

Effectiveness of response: Subjective; you be the judge!

Times we were in invaded under Obama: None so far ...

Plus:

Number of jurisdictions legalizing marijuana under any Republican president: None.

Number of jurisdictions legalizing marijuana under Obama: 5 and counting!
    I believe the correct number under Clinton was 5 and the effectiveness response was none.

1. The First WTC Attack Clinton had been in office just 38 days when terrorists bombed the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring more than 1,000.

2. Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran, Saudi killing 19 Americans.

3. 4. The Embassies on August 7, 1998, bombs exploded at U.S. Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. More than 200 people were killed, including 12 Americans.

5. The USS Cole bombed in Aden, Yemen came on October 12, 2000 killing 17 Americans.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DallasNorte For This Post:

Perhaps the more important number of all

Times we were invaded under Clinton: None.

Effectiveness of response: None needed.

Times we were invaded under Bush the Second: One.

Effectiveness of response: Subjective; you be the judge!

Times we were in invaded under Obama: None so far ...

Plus:

Number of jurisdictions legalizing marijuana under any Republican president: None.

Number of jurisdictions legalizing marijuana under Obama: 5 and counting!

Unemployment

Under Clinton:

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/UNRATE

Under the draft dodger with the DUI:

Under the mulatto messiah:

The picture seems pretty clear!

For those who do not invest in equities

GDP growth under Clinton: 3.56% (compounded annual average in each example).

GDP growth under the greatest military pilot of all time, Bush "2": 1.80%.

GDP growth under Obama (through last full reported quarter): 2.01%.

These figures are "real" (inflation-adjusted) and per capita.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/GDPC1.txt

Any questions?

Oh, and speaking of inflation, average inflation was less under the combination of Clinton and Obama than it was under Bush:

Clinton 2.60% per year, Right Handed Bush 2.37%, Obama 1.90%. I used the January figures in all three cases, as the base.

www.cpi.gov

If there are any other measures of economic health that we can compare across Republican and Democratic administrations, we can sure do that. Interest rates? Don't even go there!

Just a friendly reminder

S & P 500 total return Feb. 1, 1993 to Jan. 31, 2001 = Clinton = 15.001% annualized.

S & P 500 total return Feb. 1, 2001 to Jan. 31, 2009 = Bush Junior = -5.061% (the negative sign means if you had invested $1 under George Jr's watch you would have about 64 cents of it left by the end of his terms).

S & P 500 total return Feb. 1, 2009 to Aug. 31, 2105 = Obama = 14.764% annualized.

http://dqydj.net/sp-500-return-calculator/

Any questions?

Thirteen months from now, remember who said this:

“The Democrats have terribly screwed things up, and are basically giving us the next election … The Democrats have practically gift wrapped this election for us.”.

And then remember the context in which he said it. I'm just sayin'.

What I like about him is he is completely unelectable, yet will probably get nominated. Tough to win without the black or latino vote these days. There are only so many Cuban Americans to go around and they only affect the vote in one state. But since we know that the economy does worse under Republicans than under Democrats, and since Trump has already gone bankrupt fourteen times, he is even more well poised to be the nominee.

Donald Trump understands the secret to wealth creation: inherit it. And, he obviously understands how to destroy wealth, as long as it isn't your own wealth: bankruptcy protection!

I might even volunteer to work on his campaign. Probably be more fun than working on Hilary's. I pray for his continued good health.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Administrator

Venues: 398
    I definitely support Donald Trump for the Republican nomination and sincerely hope he embraces Sarah Palin as part of his proposed cabinet. I would recommend he choose Rick Perry as his running mate.
    What I like about Donald Trump is that he pisses off all the right people.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

I definitely support Donald Trump for the Republican nomination and sincerely hope he embraces Sarah Palin as part of his proposed cabinet. I would recommend he choose Rick Perry as his running mate.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Cuba

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/wo...relations.html

Can we give Obama 3 claps for his salsa moves?

Posting Limitations