This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Mongers-.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...2-million.html

Two million now enrolled in "Obamacare".

The answer is simple

MB the answer is simple but you choose to ignore it by looking at the effects and not the cause of the problem, which is career politicians. The Founding Fathers did not intend for folks to come to Washington and STAY, but to come serve a term then return to their "day job" back home. The simple answer is term limits for both the House and Senate, but I doubt the political will exists.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Our legislation is controlled by lobyists & campaign finacing

I buy one non. Formulary medication mail order from england. It arrives from England in a ox that says made in the USA. In the USA, walmat charges almost $500, from England including express shipping it costs $248.

The USA can be fixed to a certain extent, but the political will must exist. Campaign financing must be reformed. The current system of pack finacing to ensure corp free speach has produced many unanticipated consequences. The tea party financed my the koch brothers, not any grass roots movements of millions of people sending in $5, has been primarying traditional conservatives to replace them with tea party folks. Main stream republicans and dems are both forced to vote their doners' will to ensure money for re. Election.

Miami Bob, What's difficult to understand is how the USA is at the top of the charts in terms of how much we pay, per capita after adjusting for purchasing power, for education and health care. Actually for health care we pay 50% more than any other country. Yet we don't live as long, have more health problems, and have poorly educated children. How is throwing more federal government money at problems going to solve them?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Subsidies

Quote Originally Posted by RockHarders  [View Original Post]
    Jackson-.

Your "private" health care policy is without a doubt subsidized by the Argentine government; 90% of the doctors working in "private" medical facilities went to "public" medical school (typically la UBA, "free", I.e. SUBSIDIZED tuition); had these doctors gone to "private" medical school and needed to take out loans, they would have to charge you significantly more for their services. YOUR fees are less because the Argentine government SUBSIDIZED the education of the doctors who attend to YOU. Furthermore, all hospital employees use public transportation which, of course, is HIGHLY SUBSIDIZED; if these hospital employees were paying market rates for public transportation they would need to be paid higher salaries, which of course would lead to higher rates for YOU, again YOU benefiting from government SUBSIDIES. In addition, ALL the utilities at the hospitals are SUBSIDIZED which, of course, helps keep rates low directly benefiting you.

I know for a fact that at least some (possibly most) of your utility bills have a line item subsidy included on the bill.

Suerte,

RH.
    Where do subsidies come from?

Don B.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don B For This Post:

Jackson-.

Your "private" health care policy is without a doubt subsidized by the Argentine government; 90% of the doctors working in "private" medical facilities went to "public" medical school (typically la UBA, "free", I.e. SUBSIDIZED tuition); had these doctors gone to "private" medical school and needed to take out loans, they would have to charge you significantly more for their services. YOUR fees are less because the Argentine government SUBSIDIZED the education of the doctors who attend to YOU. Furthermore, all hospital employees use public transportation which, of course, is HIGHLY SUBSIDIZED; if these hospital employees were paying market rates for public transportation they would need to be paid higher salaries, which of course would lead to higher rates for YOU, again YOU benefiting from government SUBSIDIES. In addition, ALL the utilities at the hospitals are SUBSIDIZED which, of course, helps keep rates low directly benefiting you.

I know for a fact that at least some (possibly most) of your utility bills have a line item subsidy included on the bill.

Suerte,

RH.
    In the fantasy Republic of Argentina, when the govbermint says its "subsidizing" your bill.. What that really means is the stupid SOB's in the casa rosada have said that the electric company may not raise its rates. They receive NO money. In 14 years my electric bill went up for the first time last year. What happens is the electric companies can not afford to maintain the system nor stock replacement materials in case of a emergency. This is why there are so many problems now. Not to mention, no one wants to build more generating plants if they can not recoup the money invested{TCS. Ellipses}.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    2. My health care policy here in Argentina is with a private hospital and is most definitely not subsidized. In addition, no utility bill I receive here in Argentina includes any line-item subsidy, including my electric bill.

Thanks,

Jax
    Jackson-.

Suerte,

RH.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Administrator

Venues: 398

It's like shooting fish in a barrel

Quote Originally Posted by QualityTime  [View Original Post]
    Hey Jax, your same analogy would apply to buying car insurance. Safe older drivers subsidize younger drivers.
    That's not true at all, but it wouldn't make any difference to me because car insurance is sold and purchased in the public marketplace, the cost of which is most definitely not subsidized by any government.

In addition, I'm having difficulty understanding your contention that the older drivers are subsidizing the younger drivers, given that older drivers generally pay less for car insurance than younger drivers.

Or is this typical liberal logic that falls apart after the 2nd question?

Thanks,

Jax.

Administrator

What does Jax do in BA other than own a house where he rents out rooms???
    How liberal of you to attack the messenger.

Nevertheless, I'm still trying to understand your criticism. Are you suggesting that because (as you suppose) I rent rooms to personal acquaintances that I'm somehow not entitled to an opinion as to where my tax money is being spent?

Anyway, if you knew me personally you'd know how uninformed your comment is.

Thanks,

Jax.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    Ted cruz is just not of the same stature.
    Neither is Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    Yes, there needs to be fine tuning on the ACA. The lobbyists sliced and diced this one real bad.
    The lobbyists? What are you talking about? The Dems listened to the lobbyists that were working for their own supporters, and they produced exactly the law they wanted. The Dems completely ignored the Republicans and the lobbyists working for conservative interests.

Thanks,

Jax.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Administrator

Facts aren't important to liberals, only emotion is important.

Jackson-.

Do you believe that citizens of the United States should be simply left for dead if they cannot afford to pay for their own healthcare at "market rates"? Incredibly hypocritical for our very own Jackson to be complaining about government subsidized healthcare, when he himself benefits INCREDIBLY from subsidized healthcare here in Argentina! Not only does Jackson plop himself down as a guest in Argentina, contributing nothing, he "leeches" off the government by benefitting from subsidized electricity, gas, water, public transportation and medical school. His "private" medical services are as cheap as they are in Argentina as a direct result of government subsidies; those doctor fees would be a hell of a lot higher if the doctors had not gone to medical school for "free", the hospital was paying market rates for utilities, and the public transportation was non. Subsidized.

All this leeching and non contributing by Jackson in a foreign country, and he has the GALL to rail against TAX PAYING US CITIZENS benefiting from subsidized healthcare in their own country!

Suerte,

RH.
    Wrong on every count, as usual.

1. The "citizens of the United States" were not "simply left for dead if they [could not] afford to pay for their own healthcare at "market rates" before ObamaCare, so what makes you think they'd be "simply left for dead" without ObamaCare?

I challenge you to provide a miniscule 3 cases of persons being "left for dead" in the 5 years preceding the ObamaCare roll-out.

2. My health care policy here in Argentina is with a private hospital and is most definitely not subsidized. In addition, no utility bill I receive here in Argentina includes any line-item subsidy, including my electric bill.

3. Without detailing my business activities here in Argentina, Rock knows fully well that his "contributing nothing" comment is completely erroneous. In addition, given that I pay Argentina import taxes, Argentine sales taxes, Argentine utility taxes, Argentine property taxes, and Argentine income taxes, one could hardly claim that I am "leeching" by living here.

Once again, facts aren't important to liberals, only emotion is important.

Thanks,

Jax

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Jax that's all nice. No one will be able to afford any form of health insurance except the young.

With all respect, the essence of insurance is pooling risk for the greater good. I cut my premiums down to $12,000 with very good in. Network coverage and only catestrophic coverage out of net work. I truly believe that single payer is the only rationale long term solution. The ACA is a variation on sen robert doles' counter proposal to clinton's health care solutions.

Robert dole was a great senator who came up with a market solution.

Ted cruz is just not of the same stature. Yes, there needs to be fine tuning on the ACA. The lobbyists sliced and diced this one real bad.

The political will to have a function health care sysem does not exist in the congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Hey MB,

Just remember, in order for you to get coverage at that price, someone else will be required to pay more than their risk profile would otherwise require.

Do you really believe that younger/healthier individuals and/or the country's taxpayers should be subsidizing your health care?

Thanks,

Jax
    Hey Jax, your same analogy would apply to buying car insurance. Safe older drivers subsidize younger drivers. How about subsidizing public trnsportation?

Jackson-.

Do you believe that citizens of the United States should be simply left for dead if they cannot afford to pay for their own healthcare at "market rates"? Incredibly hypocritical for our very own Jackson to be complaining about government subsidized healthcare, when he himself benefits INCREDIBLY from subsidized healthcare here in Argentina! Not only does Jackson plop himself down as a guest in Argentina, contributing nothing, he "leeches" off the government by benefitting from subsidized electricity, gas, water, public transportation and medical school. His "private" medical services are as cheap as they are in Argentina as a direct result of government subsidies; those doctor fees would be a hell of a lot higher if the doctors had not gone to medical school for "free", the hospital was paying market rates for utilities, and the public transportation was non. Subsidized.

All this leeching and non contributing by Jackson in a foreign country, and he has the GALL to rail against TAX PAYING US CITIZENS benefiting from subsidized healthcare in their own country!

Suerte,

RH.
    Here, here! Are there no prisons? Are there no work houses?

What does Jax do in BA other than own a house where he rents out rooms???

False alternative

Hey I have an idea, if you don't want government interfering in your life, move to Afghanistan, Sudan etc. There are no government services or tax collection there.
    As I have pointed out previously, this error is know as the False Alternative".

Don B.

Posting Limitations