This blog is moderated by Ryder

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Mongers,

El Alamo can show just about any important English Premier League, Italian Serie A, and Spanish La Liga match via Directv. El Alamo also has access to Setanta Sports via Directv USA which is streamed over broadband (Setanta Sports shows many Premier League games that would not make it it international coverage) Naturally, all Argentine matches can also be shown via Directv as well. However, if there is a relevant US sporting event on at the same time, it will have priority over a soccer match.

Suerte,

Rock Harders
    I know it's still aways yet, but I presume you will have plans to show the FIFA World Cup 2010 from South Africa. I remembered reading where the Argentine TV had problems showing the 2006 World Cup due to financial problems.

Mongers,

El Alamo can show just about any important English Premier League, Italian Serie A, and Spanish La Liga match via Directv. El Alamo also has access to Setanta Sports via Directv USA which is streamed over broadband (Setanta Sports shows many Premier League games that would not make it it international coverage) Naturally, all Argentine matches can also be shown via Directv as well. However, if there is a relevant US sporting event on at the same time, it will have priority over a soccer match.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Not so hot

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder
    I know most of you are american and don't watch much of the european football / soccer, but I was wondering if anyone know of a good sports bar in BA where I can watch the premier leage football / soccer matches live?
    Good question. I usually watch them at home. That doesn't mean you will never find them in a bar, but I haven't looked hard. The Alamo advertises that they show european futbol, so there's one to follow up on. There is the Loco Por Futbol place, or whatever it's called, in Recoleta Village, but I am not sure if they show futbol from Europe. Besides, the place is a major rip off. Oh! Just remembered, Gibralter in San Telmo is now open on weekends starting somewhere around noon. They have Direct TV now, so I know they are showing some Premier league matches. All in all, its a pretty poor area to find european futbol in a bar. Plus, when BsAs is off Daylight Savings time, then often Premier League matches begin as early as 8 in the morning!

If you find a good place, please post.

Premier league football / soccer

I know most of you are American and don't watch much of the european football / soccer, but I was wondering if anyone know of a good sports bar in BA where I can watch the premier leage football / soccer matches live?

Posting Limitations