Thread: 2002-2005 WSG Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson

Registering your guests

I have been in 59 countries. Chasing pussy all my life. Some places have your lady guests register, some don't. In Rio some hotels the desk will call you when they leave to see if you are OK so they can give them back there iD. If they ask you to register her don't freak out, chill out, it is for your own good.

WT69

Wilton Hotel

Actually it's what I think of as "my" hotel. I have stayed there and several of my friends have as well several times over the last three years. Ask for one of the rooms on the 14th floor. You will have to walk up a flight of stairs because the elevator stops on the 13th but I love that view of the chicks ass going up the stairs. Only two of the rooms on the 14th, one in the front tower and one in the back, have large beds. The other two have two singles in them.

Generally the hotel is Chica friendly but there is a red headed old ***** that works the swing shift that will insist on seeing their ID's. How I have handled that is to tell her it's none of her fucking business who I take to my room and invite her to call the managment if there is a problem. The idea behind the girls showing ID is in case they rob you or steal from you. If you want them to register than fine, if not call for a manager or register them this time but then speak to the managment. The red headed ***** does it because she disaproves. As with all women in Argentina if you act like a whimp they will kill you but if you show resolve and not take their shit they settle down.

The two guys that work the night shift will get you some girls if you want but they get ugly girls. The price is ok but the girls are old.

All in all I really recomend the place, you can walk either to the recolleta clubs or walk a little further to the triangle. Excellent staff, great location, clean rooms though I wish they had safes in them.

Happy Hunting

Sportsman,

I stayed at the Wilton a couple years ago. Decent place and location. Breakfast included, I think.

I booked it thru Mayri, who is often mentioned on this site. She said it would be chica friendly. I took one girl up and there was a little confusion at the front desk. The nite clerk said there would be a fee. When I checked out the next day, there was no fee.

I suggest at check-in that you clarify that you will have guests coming to your room.

BA upcoming trip April 20 May 5

Guys,

I'm from Houston, going to BA.

Is anybody going to be there same timeframe ? Would love to hook up.

I am looking into hotel info.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sportsman - Car rental and late check out

Sportsman

Yes, "parking and traffic really that bad rental car is not practical?"
    Email Ana to pick you up at EZE, and don't worry about a car - you WON'T need one, or even want one!

As for your late check out, you are welcome to come hang out at the mansion after you check out of your hotel. Ana will pick you up there in time to catch your flight.

David

BA and Renting a car

IMHO you would be insane to rent a car.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful.

The ride in from the airport in a private car should cost from 50 - 60 pesos. Not dollars. That is about 20 dollars. Taxis are somewhat cheaper.

Your hotel is worth 40-50 dollars per night, so your package is decent.

Most hotels in BA are chica-friendly.

Hope this helps.

A newcomer to BA

Hello BA board,

I just booked my first trip to BA purely for mongering purpose because I have been reading so many good things about this city. I have tons of questions preparing for this trip and I hope fellow BA experts can help. First are the logistic questions. I got a package deal with flight on United and 3 days stay at Wilton Hotel on Av Callao near Recoleta for $900. I considered booking a hotel or apartment through one of travel agents recommended on this board. But for some reason, if I book the airfare without hotel would have cost close to $1000. Package with flight and hotel actually is cheaper than plane ticket alone. Any comments on this hotel? Is it chica friendly? How is the location related to mongering activities?

It appears most people travel around the city in taxis. Is rental car really not recommended? What are the options to get from EZE to the hotels besides taxi? I read a taxi ride from the airport can cost about $35 USD, a round trip makes it $70 USD already. Is there any easy public transportation that will take me to the city and then taxi from there to the hotel? I usually like to rent a car when I travel including Prague, Naples, and Paris. Amsterdam is the only city I’ve been to that I feel rental car is really not necessary and desired. I know I can get a rental for about $35 USD per day, insurance, taxes and fee included. Are parking and traffic really that bad rental car is not practical?

My return flight leaves EZE in the evening. Are there any other options besides paying the hotel for another day or wander around the city during the day before heading to the airport in the evening? What I really need is just place to keep my luggage during the day and a place to take a shower before leaving for the airport.

What is average cost for a local SIM card with some pre-paid credit for my cell phone? What are the local service providers? In has been my experience in most cases if you make at least 10 phone calls, it is more economical in the long run to get a local SIM card rather than using the hotel phone.

Any help would be much appreciated. Once I got smart in this city, I will be more than happy to contribute back to the forum.

Sportsman

exchange rate

A good site for exchange rates is www.oanda.com

Retired Member

Talking Thank You Jackson

Were finally back in business. I can't tell you how much Ive missed the board

Exon

upcoming trip

Hey guys,

I'm from NYC, posted some on the boards there and I'm planning a trip to BA.

Got 2 questions though:

First, are there any beaches in/around Buenos Aires?

Second, how safe is it walking around at night/during the day?

I'm booked at the Americas hotel and i've tendency to do that when i travel, check out the locals etc., but some places I've been gets dangerous [Kingston, Jamaica was a scary scene two years ago, Amsterdam was cool night or day, London was okay and Paris was great, but no action to be had besides some skanks.]

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey guys

I'll be down there March 10-17. Hope to see you guys there

Eddie

diving in BA

Best limit your diving to muff diving....

Water around BA is the color of cafe con leche.

Best airfare LAX to EZE/GIG

I wanted to take a little vacation visiting both BS AS and RIo.

Are there any good air fare deals right now?

Would appreciate some info.

Bean, muff diving I hope !!!!

Bean, the brown stuff outside this city you would not see your hand infront of you, lift your sights mate, regards

Aussie Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Beansed
    Anyone know of a good dive outfit and cheap hotel 3 star near action and diving in or close to Buenos Aires ?

Looking to go next week. Anyone interested in meeting, PM me

Diving

In my two years here I have not seen one dive shop in BA. Nor have I seen any classified ads for diving in Argentina and now is the time for vacation ads in all the papers. Good luck.

Posting Limitations