This blog is moderated by El Queso

I have to agree with Queso as well.

Although I had the usual steak. Everything was pretty good, and the service was excellent.

I didn't really like the ratatouille, but everything else was great. And when I asked the waiter for something extra, he didn't give me a weird look. He just quickly brought it.

I would go back anytime. It's a great little restaurant on the border between Palermo Hollywood and Palermo Soho. Definitely worth a visit if you like seafood.

At today's exchange rate, $85 pesos comes out to about $ 22 USD. Amazing price for appetizers, drinks, main course, dessert, coffee and a generous tip.

Regards,

BM

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Greetings everyone,

I would second El Queso's review of Navegando. The service was superb and manifested itself in dozens of small details. I had the grilled salmon with blue cheese dressing on the side, which I use sparingly as the salmon was not over-cooked and dry as is so often the case in BA.

Here are the details:

Navegando
    Honduras 5291
    Esq. Godoy Cruz

In Palermo Soho

Reservations: 4833-0811

Thanks,

Jackson

Venues: 8

Navegando - Honduras 5291

This is a small-ish parilla who also is known for seafood, according to the owner and the GuiaOleo.com. According to their menu their seafood is export-quality, which means a lot in BA as most of the good seafood is experted from what I understand.

I think we all had parilla-type food for the main course. We ordered 4 chorizos, 2 proveletas and a plate of fried calamari for appetizers.

The appetizers were very good. Particularly the calamari - tender and the lightly breaded.

I personally had a lomo with black pepper sauce, with a side dish of au gratin potatoes. The steak was very good, tender, and the sauce very flavorful and a bit spicy (good, for me) I've had better au gratin potatoes here, but they were still good. The sauce was not too runny, and they actually put parmesan on top of the potatoes and baked it on - that was a nice touch.

My dish itself was 40 pesos, and the lomo was huge, like in the old days. A lot of potatoes too. After the appetizer and the meal, I was stuffed.

The service was unequalled I think, particuarly for such a small, modest place. We didn't want for anything, and the waiter was nearby observing, but not hovering over us.

Afterward we had some coffee and desserts.

We split out the cost by dividing the bill by our number (8) and the total, including a very generous tip due to the service (I think we ended up leaving a little over 15% - shut up price police) came to 85 pesos. In these times, that is a superb price for what we had. If you skip some of the appetizers and desserts, perhaps, you could walk out of there for close to or under 50 pesos.

I had a talk with the owner as we were getting our desserts. He asked me how we liked the meal and I gave him a very favorable review. I then told him I hoped we didn't disturb the other guests too much (7 big guys and a boisterous young lady tends to get loud in a small place like that) and he laughed and said not at all. They liked having us very much and we were very welcome to come back. This is important for us, because we like to have conversation while we're eating and some places aren't very conducive to that.

He also told me it was the oldest restaurant in Palermo. I was unable to confirm that.

Posting Limitations