This blog is moderated by Birdog
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdog
    Thanks. Yes the calls actually go over Wi-Fi. Did not realize I had it for free until I tried in anticipation of my trip. I checked my call detail on-line and it actually shows call placed via Wi-Fi and no call charges apply.
    That's awesome!

Thanks. Yes the calls actually go over Wi-Fi. Did not realize I had it for free until I tried in anticipation of my trip. I checked my call detail on-line and it actually shows call placed via Wi-Fi and no call charges apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdog
    I did read one thread on the topic yesterday but it did not cover my question. I also saw an older one but that one discussed different feature.

Here is my specific question and I would much appreciate any feedback:

I have a Blackberry 8820 with T-Mobile in the US. I can use it via Wi-Fi and will then not be charged for minutes or data usage. My plan is to make sure I am connected to a Wi-Fi when using my phone in BsAs and believe that I will not got charged any roaming or international dialing rates by doing this. Could any one confirm that my assumption is correct?
    I have the same BB that you have but from ATT. I have phone service and an unlimited international data plan. Data plan costs $70. The rest goes to the phone bill. My bill is $130 per month.

You should be able to get wifi for data but I've never heard of wifi being used for telephone calls on a cell phone. Am I way behind the times?

If you travel alot I would consider a contract with ATT. Verizon has lame coverage and I assume T mobile is even worse.

Blackberry Wi-FI use in BsAs

I did read one thread on the topic yesterday but it did not cover my question. I also saw an older one but that one discussed different feature.

Here is my specific question and I would much appreciate any feedback:

I have a Blackberry 8820 with T-Mobile in the US. I can use it via Wi-Fi and will then not be charged for minutes or data usage. My plan is to make sure I am connected to a Wi-Fi when using my phone in BsAs and believe that I will not got charged any roaming or international dialing rates by doing this. Could any one confirm that my assumption is correct?

Posting Limitations