Thread: Milion

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Speedyg50
    Newbies! Ha ha ha.

Anyway, called in the other night. . Same old same old except the mojito I had was possibly the worst ever.
    At 33 pesos a pop, I would like to able to taste some alcohol.
    Happy to report a gay abundance of metro sexuals still in residence, so should keep some posters happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    There is a Milion thread in this same subcategory which was started in Jan2006.

Milion is (was? A cool place, but not exactly a secret. Even the travel channel discovered it at least 7 years ago.
    Wateva!

Usually newbies who join the forum usually look at best, PROBABLY a maximum of 12 months old reports. So time to time freshly written reports bring places like "Milion" into focus for fresh travelers to BA.

Like I made some very nice reports on some popular hot spots of BA ( already discovered by seniors of this forum) last year which are now probably wasted and lost in this forum as most newbies will probably not scroll back to search for reports in August 2008.

In my opinion, all forums need fresh updates. Some gems need to be reintroduced in this forum from time to time.

Unlike ISG, this is a free forum. And I have endeavored to make good genuine contributions here in form of my reports as a retribution to the amazing dearth of information, I have unveiled about Argentina simply sitting on my computer and browsing A.P. Three cheers for A.P

Anyway, frankly speaking, who cares who discovered "Milion" or similar haunts. Its listed in almost all the travel books such as Frommers, Lonely Planet, lets go etc.

So No one is getting awarded for "discovering" it, yeah??

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain
    Smuler,

I came to BA much later than the seniors in this forum. Its true. However, I believe I was the first one to recommend Milion on THIS forum for other newbies to follow.
    There is a Milion thread in this same subcategory which was started in Jan2006.

Milion is (was?) a cool place, but not exactly a secret. Even the Travel Channel discovered it at least 7 years ago.

Thanks to all for explaining my error.

Captain- you know how to find me.

Best Regards.

Smuler

Quote Originally Posted by Smuler
    Hola Senor Captain.

I hope all is well in your life.

TL- wasn't this the place that we went to for happy hour, per the Captain's recommendation?

Best Regards.

Smuler
    Smuler,

I came to BA much later than the seniors in this forum. Its true. However, I believe I was the first one to recommend Milion on THIS forum for other newbies to follow.

In fact, I also took some very senior mongers (living full time in BA) from this forum to show them Milion for the first time.

Though, its also a fact that, Senor TL was the one, to show Milion to me!

P.S : Smuler, all is well with me. Thanks. Still living in Manhattan. will catch up with you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuler
    Hola Senor Captain.

TL- wasn't this the place that we went to for happy hour, per the Captain's recommendation?

Best Regards.

Smuler
    No SEŅOR!

It would have been for MY rec!

I have been here longer dude!

TL

Hola Senor Captain.

Best Regards.

Smuler

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre
    Been going to Milion for years!

This is my second favorite place to take a hot date. (Gran Bar Danzon being number ONE by far!

You can fuck in the co-ed bathroom upstairs and if someone walks in on you they don't seem to mind.

The pace is really beautiful. Maybe (5) floors?

Food is not the reason to go.

A nice place to make-out in public and have a few drinks.

You can meet tourist types and hit on those too but it's better to bring your own.

TL
    TL was the person who first took me to Milion. Thanks dude! I personally like it very much.

Killer Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein
    -year 1950.

Ellwood P. Dowd explains his habits:

"You can be o so smart or o so pleasant. For years I was smart.

I recomend, being pleasant.

You can cuote me!"

If you are pleasant and speak good spanish, Milion is the perfect place to find another pleasant girl.

The first floor (Bar / Balkony) has one bathroom.

For boys and girls. JUST ONE;-)

Gays are there as absent as girls under 18.

Maybe for that, sometimes, somebody does NOT like Milion.
    Been going to Milion for years!

This is my second favorite place to take a hot date. (Gran Bar Danzon being number ONE by far!)

You can fuck in the co-ed bathroom upstairs and if someone walks in on you they don't seem to mind.

The pace is really beautiful. Maybe (5) floors?

Food is not the reason to go.

A nice place to make-out in public and have a few drinks.

You can meet tourist types and hit on those too but it's better to bring your own.

TL

Chocolate Duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyg50
    Located at Parana 1048

If you find time between your various escapades, I can recommend this place for a relaxed drink at the upstairs bar, or a really good meal in the adjoining restaurant, probably best described as noveau cuisine.

Milion is big on ambience and caters for a young, hip crowd. I was easily the oldest, fattest and most follicly challenged the night I went.

Great bar and a good choice of cocktails in a really nice period building that hasn't been wrecked by the refurb. If you have to go with your latest squeeze, get her to tone it down a bit.

Food was good, but could have been a bit better. I had the chocolate duck, tasty but a little over-cooked for my liking. Good understated waiting service was a refreshing change from having some prat hovver over you all night.
    Yuk!

Argento

Harvey. A movie with Jimmy Steward-

-year 1950.

Ellwood P. Dowd explains his habits:

"You can be o so smart or o so pleasant. For years I was smart.

I recomend, being pleasant.

You can cuote me!"

If you are pleasant and speak good spanish, Milion is the perfect place to find another pleasant girl.

The first floor (Bar / Balkony) has one bathroom.

For boys and girls. JUST ONE;-)

Gays are there as absent as girls under 18.

Maybe for that, sometimes, somebody does NOT like Milion.

The place is only good if you are companied, you might be able to drink one drink at a bar but that gets boring fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hernandez
    Which nights are semi decent to visit?
    All nights are good. Weekends are extra crowded.

Ability to converse in Spanish will be helpful there for an optimum experience.

Which nights are semi decent to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyg50
    Located at Parana 1048

If you find time between your various escapades, I can recommend this place for a relaxed drink at the upstairs bar, or a really good meal in the adjoining restaurant, probably best described as noveau cuisine.

Milion is big on ambience and caters for a young, hip crowd. I was easily the oldest, fattest and most follicly challenged the night I went.

Great bar and a good choice of cocktails in a really nice period building that hasn't been wrecked by the refurb. If you have to go with your latest squeeze, get her to tone it down a bit.

Food was good, but could have been a bit better. I had the chocolate duck, tasty but a little over-cooked for my liking. Good understated waiting service was a refreshing change from having some prat hovver over you all night.
    I agree with you. Its a great place to hang around occasionally for drinks in a non-pro environment with financially secure, upper-middle class young people in their late 20s and 30s.

Posting Limitations