Thread: La Brigada

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Speedyg50
    I recently dropped off some high end customers there for lunch and got rave reviews, very famous and well known traditional steakhouse here.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Retired Member

Excellent restaurant one of my favorites.

Exon

This is a great place to eat and Gibraltar Pub is 2 blocks away. Just be careful when you order the wine. If you say house wine, you may get a $100 US bottle and find out when the bill arrives, like a friend of mine did.

Stinger

www.labrigada.com

I had lunch here with a local. Excellent service, food and atmosphere. It was not crowded for lunch.

Lomo was delicious as were the costillas. The waiter cut the lomo in half with a spoon as he served it. One of the best meals I have had in Buenos Aires. Great wine list, and well priced.

La Brigada

Located at Estados Unidos 465 in San Telmo.

This is an average sized parilla, extremely popular with the local crowd, so I would suggest you book. But make sure you are not given the table upstairs next to the service area and toilets.

Full of local characters and noisy with it, the place is owned and run by a has-been footballer, complete with long ringlets ala Kevin Keegan circa mid 70's. Don't let that put you off, he runs a tight ship and is in evidence most nights.

Food was cooked perfectly to order with the usual generous portions that the old school parillas serve up and was top notch.

Service fine, without being over-attentive. And as the place was packed our waiter did very well. Can't recall the price, but it was good value for money. Plenty of football pics around the place of Senor Kev in his heyday to look at between courses. Oh and the day we went. No tourists. Bliss

Posting Limitations