This blog is moderated by Speedyg50
    So sorry to learn that you missed the Volcan de Chocolate old boy, but if you would care to divulge your address, I'll send a couple of my amigos around to ensure that you get two extra big portions. Thank me later Sidney

Club Lounge (Jazz / dinner club)

Located at Reconquista974. Web. http://www.club-bsas.com.ar/

I'll stick this under restaurants, as we originally went there to see Ibrahim Ferrer Jnr play in this small and friendly jazz club.

It's mainly for couples and I didn't notice any single ladies. Even if there were any the average age of the clientel was pushing 40. I've already pushed 40, but don't need reminding of it, when I look round a room.

Tables were set for dinner so we got stuck in. Prices were extremely fair, mid 20's for large good salad, ditto for large plate of pasta, meats were in the 30's and the wine list was modestly priced too. Wasn't expecting much as it's right in the middle of a tourist area, but delighted to report that the food was excellent and not in the huge, impossible portions you so often get here. The volcan de chocolate was truly superb and finished it all off nicely. Standard was way above Las Nazarenas (just down the road) in all respects and at a better price too.

Recommend this place if you are already hooked up, it's reasonably sofisticated but in no way pretentious and the blond was well impressed. No noisy gringos to be seen the night we went, which is always a bonus.

Posting Limitations