This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Guy  [View Original Post]
    Is the price the same for lincoln town car / citroen? Do you accommodate 'lincoln town car only' requests?
    Hi Chicago Guy.

Prices are basically the same, yes we can reserve the Town Car for you, with a full size van as backup, in case there is a scheduling conflict.

Thanks.

Fred

Is the price the same for lincoln town car / citroen? Do you accommodate 'lincoln town car only' requests?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    I use fred on the way in when I have a few grand in franklins down my pants. On the way out when I'm broke I just get a cab. Also have your chicA meet you on arrival
    Hi GH.

We take all major credit cards, and best of all is you use a US based card, no foreign transaction fee! We also ask a lot less to go back to EZE than a pickup.

Much more roomy, comfy and safe than the crappy, beat up cabs here.

Fred

I use fred on the way in when I have a few grand in franklins down my pants. On the way out when I'm broke I just get a cab. Also have your chicA meet you on arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    Just PM Fred.

DR, I think that it is perfectly appropriate to discuss relevant alternatives in the context of Fred's service. In the 30+ visits to Bs As, I have yet to encounter a driver that speaks English (obviously, I haven't used Fred's service, yet). No biggie as I am a cunning linguist. You should see the pained expressions on their faces as I tell them how my flight was and what the weather at home is like. I don't think the pain comes from trying to figure out what I am saying so much as it is a reaction to the sound (like fingernails on the chalkboard).

I've always used the same well-known remis company, since my first visit (which pre-dated Fred's arrival to the scene) , because: 1) they were recommended to me by a trusted friend. 2) the kiosko is insanely easy for even me to find and 3) I've never had a problem with them. They are now up to US$56 from EZE to Cap Fed. So, IMO, the premium for Fred's service doesn't seem unreasonable for the added benefits (for a mutant like me) , especially if I am traveling for work (come on, I do a little work while I am in Bs As.).

My first remis ride from EZE to CF was AR$89 (roughly US$29 at AR$3. 08:US$1. 00 equal to about 17%p. A. Inflation). It's about US$56 (official exchange rate AR$4. 5:US$1. 00) and US$40 (at the blue rate of AR$6. 2:US$1. 00 equal to about 7%p. A. Inflation).

I do plan on using Fred on my next visit.
    Hi Wild Walleye.

Thanks for your interest in us! To book a transfer, please fill out the easy to use appointment form completely on our homepage at www.silverstarcar.com And we will get back to you. Please put wild walleye in the special needs section. Because we are fully legal and pay both Argentine and US tax, we can issue you a receipt should you need it. As fas as the fares go, please keep in mind we are 100% legal, fully insured and we have awesome, well maintained cars, plus we drive in a safe and secure, reasonable and prudent manner. We look forward to you being another satisfied SilverStar customer.

For those wondering why the pickups carry a higher fare is there is a lot more waiting time and parking involved, and also the possibility of a delayed arrival.

Safe travels.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires

Tbone

Quote Originally Posted by TBone  [View Original Post]
    So does anyone know how much they actually charge for airport pickup?
    Just PM Fred.

DR, I think that it is perfectly appropriate to discuss relevant alternatives in the context of Fred's service. In the 30+ visits to Bs As, I have yet to encounter a driver that speaks English (obviously, I haven't used Fred's service, yet). No biggie as I am a cunning linguist. You should see the pained expressions on their faces as I tell them how my flight was and what the weather at home is like. I don't think the pain comes from trying to figure out what I am saying so much as it is a reaction to the sound (like fingernails on the chalkboard).

I've always used the same well-known remis company, since my first visit (which pre-dated Fred's arrival to the scene) , because: 1) they were recommended to me by a trusted friend. 2) the kiosko is insanely easy for even me to find and 3) I've never had a problem with them. They are now up to US$56 from EZE to Cap Fed. So, IMO, the premium for Fred's service doesn't seem unreasonable for the added benefits (for a mutant like me) , especially if I am traveling for work (come on, I do a little work while I am in Bs As.).

My first remis ride from EZE to CF was AR$89 (roughly US$29 at AR$3. 08:US$1. 00 equal to about 17%p. A. Inflation). It's about US$56 (official exchange rate AR$4. 5:US$1. 00) and US$40 (at the blue rate of AR$6. 2:US$1. 00 equal to about 7%p. A. Inflation).

I do plan on using Fred on my next visit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Not critical

I wasn't trying to be critical in anyway. I think a remis trip is about 50-60 bucks now so while he is a little higher, and I just noticed the 74 dollar trip, I certainly wouldn't say he's terribly over priced. Unlike most of the guys here seems like I'm always on a tight budget so I'm forever looking at value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Fred is a good guy. He shares savings. If you give him enough notice, he will try to put together a "to and from" trip that saves money for both parties.

Tres3

Silverstar Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Currently it says U$S 92 for drop off and U$S 132 for pickup. That's a little salty but if the reviews are correct prolly not over priced for a premium service. I assume the pick up is 30% more because of waiting and parking. I think my first remis ride into the city was 45 pesos at 2-1 in 2002. Things have certainly changed.
    Fred is a good guy. He shares savings. If you give him enough notice, he will try to put together a "to and from" trip that saves money for both parties.

Tres3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    I've been watching the remis prices go through the roof, since '07 (I'm still a newbie). However, if I can exchange dolares for pesos at 6. 2ish, things might be going in my favor. I'm still pissed about the c*ksucker that gave me the counterfeit AR$100 note a few years ago (I slept all the way to EZE and he caught me whilst I was foggy). None of this has anything to do with Fred (sorry for highjacking the thread) , however, I may utilize his services on my next sojourn.
    I would give Fred my highest recommendation. He provides a great service, and he is a heckuva a nice guy. Dependable, and cuts any mystery and complications out of the equation of travel to and from EZE.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Currently it says U$S 92 for drop off and U$S 132 for pickup. That's a little salty but if the reviews are correct prolly not over priced for a premium service. I assume the pick up is 30% more because of waiting and parking. I think my first remis ride into the city was 45 pesos at 2-1 in 2002. Things have certainly changed.
    I've been watching the remis prices go through the roof, since '07 (I'm still a newbie). However, if I can exchange dolares for pesos at 6. 2ish, things might be going in my favor. I'm still pissed about the c*ksucker that gave me the counterfeit AR$100 note a few years ago (I slept all the way to EZE and he caught me whilst I was foggy). None of this has anything to do with Fred (sorry for highjacking the thread) , however, I may utilize his services on my next sojourn.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Check the website

Quote Originally Posted by TBone  [View Original Post]

Tbone

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCat  [View Original Post]
    Fred is a good guy. Might have to use him again on my next trip.
    Thanks to all of you who have taken advantage and have posted positive reviews of your experiences with us. From the beginning back in early 2009, our goal at SilverStar Transfers and Tours is to provide punctual, safe and secure transfers in a premium, clean and well maintained car, all in English, of course. Unlike many other private drivers here, we are fully licensed and insured, and pay taxes. Our service is designed for those that are looking for something better than a cheap, cramped, dangerous and uncomfortable taxi, especially after a long and grueling international flight.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Chauffeur Services in Buenos Aires since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    On Monday karina picked me up at EZE and brought my girlfriend with her, my girlfriend really liked her and sh e was very professional. It was we ll worth the extra money to have my chica meet me with a smile kisses and a dry hump over some person with a sign.

Fred and karina have the gato hunter seal of approval
    Fred is a good guy. Might have to use him again on my next trip.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteCat For This Post:

Girlfriend pick up

On Monday karina picked me up at EZE and brought my girlfriend with her, my girlfriend really liked her and sh e was very professional. It was we ll worth the extra money to have my chica meet me with a smile kisses and a dry hump over some person with a sign.

Fred and karina have the gato hunter seal of approval

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gato Hunter For This Post:

Posting Limitations