Thread: Quality Beer Bars

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Tr Tuga
    It's Bueller's or something close, a chain. There is one on Paraguay between Reconquista and San Martin. Good stuff

Recoleta - next to Etoile Hotel

There's a brewpub (or at least there was on my last trip) a door or two down from the Hotel Etoile on Recoleta Restaurant Row. Tried it a couple years ago, definitely drinkable.

With Some Help From Smuler.

I have had some pm contact with Smuler and I think that he has some good experience in finding excellent beer in BA. He has posted before on this subject and here is some extracts from his posts. I am not a compuerperson so I don't know how to put the proper links, but here we got two excellent places to go for the good stuff.

The Words of Smuler:

Cervelar at Viamonte 336 in the Microcentro.

This was a fantastic find for me on the way to Sabot. This Beer bar / store carries the Creme de la creme of Craft beers in Argentina. It is located by the corner of Reconquista. Phone # 4311-2992 Hours from 11:30 AM-1 AM. Sometimes later on Friday / Saturday? Went there 3 times. Found a very interesting diverse crowd of locals, along with some cuties from the San Francisco California area.

Met Pablo and Maria there. Pablo owns the place. Maria rides shotgun around later at night. Full command of the English language. They were very eager to speak about American cities and world travels. Had a complete array of some local products that I had during the 2 weeks I was in town, along with a special one.

Beers observed:

Cardos Porter- 8 % alcohol 14 Pesos.

Gulmen Barleywine - 12 % alcohol 18 Pesos.

Antares 10 Year Anniversary Ale- 10 % alcohol 25 Pesos- but 500 ml.

So good, that I had Pablo bubble wrap one for export. I will cellar it for about 2 years, and see how it comes out.

A fantastic place to shoot the shit with some locals / visitors who enjoy the emerging beer scene in Argentina.

That Quilmes / Brahma / Stella shit has to go.

Enjoy.

Best Regards.

Smuler.

Again The Words Of Smuler:

Prologo Soul Cervecero- Plaza Serrano.

Went here 2 nights, on a weekend.

Located next to Tazz @ Serrano 1580 Tel # 4833-0447

What a fantastic place to observe all the young ladies on a weekend night in Palermo / Plaza Serrano!

Had the Antares Imperial Stout- 8.5 % alcohol 10 Pesos.

Cardos Barleywine 12 % alcohol 15 Pesos.

Amsterdam Maximator 11.6 % alcohol- 18 Pesos.

Hung out with Samuel and Liz. My new girlfriend who works there.

We had a bit of a thing going on, and she came back to my place for a couple hours to smoke / beer talk / play around.

Great place to experience the liveliness of Plaza Serrano @ night!

Enjoy.

Best Regards.

Smuler.

Report Post to Moderator.

Again Myself Tr Tuga:

Theese Places for me seems to be a must to visit and I will be back in BA.

The 12/9 Saturday for some great experiences including women and beer.

Will be staying in BA for some nights then travelling around the country and returning for the end of the month to BA. If any one are interested in empying a pint or wo of quality stuff I would be moore than happy to meet up with you.

Tr tuga

That beer? www.duffargentina.com ja ja ja homer

All I Want.

Good link.

Cossab in Boedo has an excellent list. I went there with a couple girls and a Russian guy that I met in Gibraltar one night.

Van Koning (Dutch beer bar) has one or two that are worth a try.

I also hung out in a place called the Drink Gallery in Las Canitas:

http://translate.google.com/translat...R_enUS337US337

This link now says the place is closed?

The nights I was there, the Pepperdine women's volleyball team was there.

We played Beer Pong upstairs.

Best Regards.

Smuler

I've been trying to remember the place I've been to. So I finally did a Google search for microbrews and "buenos aires" and got this hit (among many others which I did not look at): http://beer.home-brews.com/blog/greg...tine-artesenal

The place I've been to is Buller Brewing Company. Recoleta. I'm no connoisseur, but I liked what I had there.

Bob

Cruzat

Try Cruzat at Sarmiento 1617 1er piso. They have a the closest thing I've found to microbrews in BsAs. I think a few others on the board have also mentioned this place in the past.

I haven't been there in a while, but the used to have live music on weekends.

Look up my post from last year.

I went to the top three places to drink in BA IMHO.

This place is certainly no place to get any quality American style micro.

PM me.

Best Regards.

Smuler

I am a beer appreciator for many years. Cafe Orleans pours a beautiful glass of beer. I'm sure clean beer lines contribute to this. The Quilmes, when poured shows a beautiful lace while maintaining a strong thick head. Paired with the home made potato chips, it makes for a delightful afternoon snack while checking out the puta possibilities.

Quality Beer Bars

I searched The forum for some information on where to go for some moore classy beer, microbrews and such. There was one that was obout the Gibraltar bar. But I'm a fan of beer thats not just a lager. I can appreciate a lager but I end up drinking mostly wine. I just can't be drinking wine all the time and I know that there is some pretty good beer around in BA. So there must be some places that forum members know of where they serve microbrews, ales, stouts, imperial stouts (I once had a great imperial stout in el Calafate) and maybe some moore styles of beer.

There was one place in San Telmo not far from Plaza Dorrego, but I can't remember the exact location.

If there are some beerfans around on the forum please help this thread to get started.

Cheers. Tr Tuga

Posting Limitations