This blog is moderated by Miami Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Strad  [View Original Post]
    Thanks buddy. 1000KWH sounds a lot of usage, no?

Strad
    It depends. If you have A / C or a electric heater or electric water heater not really. Another scam here is how many units are on each meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    There are penaltys when you consume more then 1000KWH and there is another rediculos set up where you pay a penalty when you use more electric then you did in the same period of 2003. Phones? If you have Telepfonica you either get billed for your usage or you need to add credit by buying cards like you do for a cell phone. It depends on the type of service you have.
    Thanks buddy. 1000KWH sounds a lot of usage, no?

Strad

Electric usage penaltys

There are penaltys when you consume more then 1000KWH and there is another rediculos set up where you pay a penalty when you use more electric then you did in the same period of 2003. Phones? If you have Telepfonica you either get billed for your usage or you need to add credit by buying cards like you do for a cell phone. It depends on the type of service you have.

Our landlady is having issues

Our landlady called us this morning said we have been leaving the apt lights on all nights long, since we could not immediately reaching her back and talk to her further, I contacted customer service at ByT. Veronica at ByT said there has been a regulation of panelty in the city of Buenos Aires if the electricity is execcessively used.

And Veronica said it is written the ByT contract.

Also after the landlady spoken to us, out apt landline could no longer dail out, Veronica explains this becuase of the credit has ran out.

Can someone verify:

1. Is there such panalty regulation for using much electricity?

2. Where is it saying on the contract in ByT stated such regulation (I wish our contract from ByT is all the same. I have tried to find each line, I could not find such of it)

3. Can a phone line be delibrately turned off, such as credit ran out?

I have a feeling we are in bad turn with our landlady now, what, she is going to off our internet, saying credit run out?

Thanks and worried!

Strad

Bytargentina

I'm renting an apartment in Palermo right now (Oro and Juncal) via their agency for two weeks.

Everything went really well. The employee of Bytargentina who was waiting for us for the checkin was very professional, gave us a detail explanation of the equipments of the flat, gave us a free map of Buenos Aires and even set up the wifi on my computer for me.

The apartment is very nice and clean. It is exactly like the pictures on their website.

The management gave us a call 4 or 5 hours after the checkin to ask us if everything was ok, to wish us a good stay, and to call them if we had any problem.

Only drawback : you have to pay them by cash the day you arrive, so bring the cash with you because there is no way you can withdraw a large amount of money in Buenos Aires on an ATM.

I would definitely use them again.

Bytargentina

Their address is Paraguay 1571, Barrio Norte. We are in an apartment rented through them right now. It is great! The maid service is the owner and her daughter and they come once a week and spend 1 1/2 hours cleaning. The pictures are right on. The bedroom is separate and in the back away from street noise. Wife sleeps later than me. The trouble is it books up pretty early. I think it's pretty much booked through January or February except for maybe a week. We rented it for one month and hate to leave it. Marta the owner is very nice and very helpful. No English though. It's also one block from Riobamba 392. Will go there one more time before heading to the Northwest.

I know the DEs always recommend Recoleta and Palermo but I like being in the city center near the Subte and yes there are at least 20 restaurants within 3 blocks. It's Riobamba and Sarmiento under Congresso. $790 a month.

BTW, We're headed to Cordoba and the Salta. Are there Privados in these areas?

Oh yeah! I do travel with my wife who is very understanding and not jealous. We used to be lifestylers (swingers) but she got tired of it so doesn't mind me getting a hooker once in a while. I don't bring them home with me. Ha Ha!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but am more regular on the ISG forum. I just moved to BA and will be here for a few months, and used Byt to find an apartment. I had someone I knew check out the place in advance, but Byt was excellent in terms of meeting me at the apartment on the day I arrived, checking me in, and providing me with customer service when I had issues with the landlord.

So what I mean to say is, they can't tell you whether an apartment is good or bad, but once you decide on one (and are willing to assume the risks of choosing on the internet, they are a good agency in terms of their professionalism.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    Go to the office of Byt (somewhere around calle Paraguay I think) pay a down payment and then check out the appartment with the check-in. Don't give your CC details, I just don't trust Argentines with my CC details

If you don't like the appartment just tell them to screw them and walk out, you will lose the down payment, which if I remember correctly is about 100 dollar or so

If you are in BA.

Go to the office of Byt (somewhere around calle Paraguay I think) pay a down payment and then check out the appartment with the check-in. Don't give your CC details, I just don't trust Argentines with my CC details

If you don't like the appartment just tell them to screw them and walk out, you will lose the down payment, which if I remember correctly is about 100 dollar or so

"we manage the reservation process""

Ent: Thu, Nov 4,2010 1:33 pm.

Subject: ByT Argentina.

Dear xxx.

Please let me inform you that the flats are equipped based on the people they could lodge: in this case, equipment for 3 people (China, pans and utensils)

Regarding the inventory, I do not know how other agencies work. In our case, we do not manage the properties, we manage the reservation process. So, some issues like an inventory, it is at the landlord discretion to have one. In this particular case, the owner does not have it as she trusts on the good will of her guests.

If you will rent it and want a detailed inventory, please let us know in advance for her to prepare it.

At your disposal.

Warm regards.

M xxx F xxxx.

-

ByT Argentina.

Paraguay 1571.

Follow up. They refused to supply a list of kitchen items and refused to take a photograph of the kitchen. Then told me that I should stay in a 5 star hotel where I would be happier.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh if the landlord 'trusts' the clients why does she want a deposit? Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    And went right to it. Looks like they redesigned the site.
    WW,

Logged on now, thank you!

Strad

I clicked on your link

Quote Originally Posted by Strad  [View Original Post]
    Hi all!

I can't log on to ByT, www.bytargentina.com, what's going on, are they still in business?

Thanks!

Strad
    And went right to it. Looks like they redesigned the site.

Bytargentina

Hi all!

I can't log on to ByT, www.bytargentina.com, what's going on, are they still in business?

Thanks!

Strad

I received an email of appology from Byt

This world is a strange place. The general manager sent me an email and assigned the chief of customer service to handle the needs of my friends and myself. It is a strange email in response to a mail I sent to the operations manager asking if byt still choses not to do business with me and the specific friend I mentioned. I sent the mail last week and a response came on a Saturday. I am going to call and thank them. I did not have any real problems with the actual apartments. My problems were with the recoleta area manager who black listed another ap member and myself basically for trying to negociate 6pm checkouts for 1/2 day's rent instead of an entire day's rent. Ridiculous?

Stop doing thousands of dollars per year's business over a request for a $35 discount on late check-out on a two week stay? At least the upper management fixed it.

Does byt moniter ap

Let's all go to tripadvisor. Com and tell our stories

Posting on this type of specialty website does not really get the word out to hit them in the pocketbook. Those dirtbags.

Deserve to feel some pain. Trip advisor, on a google serch, usually is on the first or second page. Let's all let everyone know about their great service and their proffessional way of doing business.

Terrible customer service!

I rented an apartment from them two years ago. Deposit set and ready to go. I received an e-mail from them saying that there was a mistake and the apartment was not available at the last minute. Went with someone else. No trouble getting the deposit back but what they offered in replacement was of poor quality. Actually, I felt they did not care about helping me out so I will not use them again.

Posting Limitations