This blog is moderated by Member #3320
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain
    I happened to chance up on this newly opened Indian Restaurant, opened in Aug.'09.

LOCATION: 359, Viamonte. Cross streets San Martin and Reconquista.

TELEPHONE: 4894-0778

OWNER: Former chef of restaurant Kathmandu who is allegedly the oldest Indian chef of Argentina now finally working for himself after breaking ties with restaurant "kathmandu" 2 years ago.

AMBIENCE: zilch but a notch or two above "Kathmandu" but well well well below that of "Tandoor".

FOOD: Very Good. A must for lovers of Indian home style vegetarian food. The chef is also the owner and is doing the cooking for himself and hence the extra zing in the food.

I recommend " Paneer" (cheese) baingan (Brinjal)

Non veg food is also served. I tried "Lamb Vindaloo". It was very good.

Desert: did not try any.

Tea: Ask for "Indian Masala chai" - very good in my opinion.

SPICE LEVEL: I specially asked spices to the satisfaction of Indians else you may be served food made for Argentines.

LANGUAGES: English, Hindi, Spanish.

DO I RECOMMEND? Yes, absolutely!

TRIVIA: 10% discount on cash. Open all 7 days for lunch and dinner.

Apparently the competition between the Indian restaurants is getting heated up with 2-3 newly opened Indian restaurants in addition to the old ones, so I believe ultimately the customers (we) would benefit.

Suerte.
    This restaurant is in my top five.

Chicken Masala and Naan garlic mmmmmm !

New Indian Restaurant - DELHI DARBAR

I happened to chance up on this newly opened Indian Restaurant, opened in Aug.'09.

LOCATION: 359, Viamonte. Cross streets San Martin and Reconquista.

TELEPHONE: 4894-0778

OWNER: Former chef of restaurant Kathmandu who is allegedly the oldest Indian chef of Argentina now finally working for himself after breaking ties with restaurant "kathmandu" 2 years ago.

AMBIENCE: zilch but a notch or two above "Kathmandu" but well well well below that of "Tandoor".

FOOD: Very Good. A must for lovers of Indian home style vegetarian food. The chef is also the owner and is doing the cooking for himself and hence the extra zing in the food.

I recommend " Paneer" (cheese) baingan (Brinjal)

Non veg food is also served. I tried "Lamb Vindaloo". It was very good.

Desert: did not try any.

Tea: Ask for "Indian Masala chai" - very good in my opinion.

SPICE LEVEL : I specially asked spices to the satisfaction of Indians else you may be served food made for Argentines.

LANGUAGES: English, Hindi, Spanish.

DO I RECOMMEND? yes, absolutely!

TRIVIA: 10% discount on cash. Open all 7 days for lunch and dinner.

Apparently the competition between the Indian restaurants is getting heated up with 2-3 newly opened Indian restaurants in addition to the old ones, so I believe ultimately the customers (we) would benefit.

Suerte.

Posting Limitations