Thread: Taxi Fares

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Damman
  1. 10-07-16 01:20

Quote Originally Posted by Anneagatha  [View Original Post]
    For all users who use taxis and cabs from airport and all other places . Ubergo is best online tool for getting your fare estimate for uber cabs the best in services and most convenient cabs globally. Getting your fare estimates before booking a ride with cab will always be good for you.
    https://ubergo.co/

If you're up for a classy ride, then enter your pick-up and drop-off location in ubergo and let our uber fare estimate to show you the current Uber fare prices.

Hello everyone

For all users who use taxis and cabs from airport and all other places . Ubergo is best online tool for getting your fare estimate for uber cabs the best in services and most convenient cabs globally. Getting your fare estimates before booking a ride with cab will always be good for you.

Depends where you Liverpool but if you know how to use bus / tren you trip won't hardly be longer in most cases. San Telmo. San Isidro is about 1 hour for example

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    Are there still residents or long-term perm tourist who still regular take cabs?
    I don't live here full time though I have always been taking taxis at will in my visits. And only adventure made me seek a subte or a bus. But I must admit for the first time that the taxi expenses are hitting my budget control.

Residents

Are there still residents or long-term perm tourist who still regular take cabs?

Taxi fare up 20% between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM beginning March 1st.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1352210-v...-sera-mas-caro

I allways use the ezeisa taxi, the fare is one of the lowest, if you take it from the airport to your destination it's one price and if you call the driver back like I allways do you get a discount it's like $ 120. To your destination and 80 from your destination to the airport. I never had a bad expierience with them, and you can even tell him how you would like to go what route, with not a discusion, but they acually know the streets better than me. Ihave used them atleast a dozen times without any complaints.

A remis does not have a meter

The main difference between a remis and a taxi is that most remis drivers use their own car which is not fitted with a taxi meter, nor is in the standard black+yellow color scheme.

Since there is no meter installed, most of them work with fixed fares. I did use a remis in the past who charged depending on the distance traveled. The driver used a pre-printed table to determine the fare. (It came out actually cheaper then quoted.)

If I need to go to the airport I just use taxi ezeiza out of laziness. But I have called a few services in the past for somebody else and got quotes which were all different. (Price difference up to 25%)

The remis premium

Is there a set standard for the price difference between a cab hailed on the street (and using a meter) and one requested by telephone? Eg, if a ride comes out to 20p by the meter, app. What should I expect a remis to charge? The few times I've used a remis was to go to EZE, and was quoted a fare, so I have the impression they only use meters when hailed on the street. Is this right?

I never did This at eze but the going rate from capital was about 50 peso about a year ago, still a very big increase in my mind

Wink Not sure what all the fuss is about Fellas?

Just finished my last trip to BA 4 days ago. Killer trip in all areas. Fishing, food and fucking! EZE to recoleta 100 pesos, just hailed a cab at the airport away from taxi stand. Recoleta to EZE 100 pesos, just hailed a cab at recoleta apartment. The first cab wanted 200 pesos so I told him to hit the road. Twenty seconds later the second cab stopped and 100 pesos was fine with him. Why all the fussing and complaining boys. This has been the price for the last year. You get what you negotiate for fellas. Just like the pussy. Happy Mongering All. Taxi Toymann

Quote Originally Posted by Joe 23  [View Original Post]

I suggest confirming minimum charges with the operator when you call.

If the driver says anything different, you can tell him that you've already confirmed with the operator and he'll shut up.
    This taxi was hailed off the street, as mentioned. Not called.

Radio taxis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero  [View Original Post]
    I had a radio taxi that was hailed off the street. Got to my destination (10.5 pesos), gave him 12, and he claimed they had a minimum of 17 pesos. Nothing was mentioned in the cab, and he didn't have any paperwork that supported his claim, so he gave up.
    They often charge a minimum of 12 when called by phone, sometimes 15 if booked beforehand to come at a specific time, but it's true that there is no paper on the taxi to verify this.

I suggest confirming minimum charges with the operator when you call.

If the driver says anything different, you can tell him that you've already confirmed with the operator and he'll shut up.

I had a radio taxi that was hailed off the street. Got to my destination (10.5 pesos), gave him 12, and he claimed they had a minimum of 17 pesos. Nothing was mentioned in the cab, and he didn't have any paperwork that supported his claim, so he gave up.

To be precise

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    Meter is now up to about 5,60 and 60 cents.

Good reason to stop taking cabs orther when I move my expensive stuff or go to Ezeiza.

I guess in a few weeks the taxi's run even more empty then right now
    It's now 5.80 to start, then plus 58 cents every 200 metres.

Up by 26 percent.

A year ago, it was 3.80 and 38 cents, if I'm correct.

Posting Limitations