Thread: Taxi Fares

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Damman
    Meter is now up to about 5,60 and 60 cents.

Good reason to stop taking cabs other than when I move my expensive stuff or go to Ezeiza.

I guess in a few weeks the taxi's run even more empty then right now.

I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Fares are going up, because costs are going up
    I understand why prices are going up, in general. I was commenting (not complaining or lamenting) on the fact that this one service seems to be outpacing other elements that I encounter in Bs As.

I know that inflation is effecting the prices for everything in Argentina. However, some of the movement isn't as intuitive as one may think, given that the largest pricing variable (for many goods and services) is energy. The price for crude oil is almost exactly where it was five years ago. Natural gas is a third of what it was five years ago.

Cool WTF! Such nonsense!

Fares are going up, because costs are going up, they just raised the airport parking rate 30, and tolls just went up 30.4 liters of semi synthetic oil over here is over $50US! Gas that was 2.79AR a liter is now hovering at $ pesos. The inflation is killing us, Argentina is not cheap anymore.

I personally don't suggest taking a black and yellow city taxi from EZE, there is a dark element running there and problems are known and well documented. For those who don't mind going in a tiny Argentine car that probably doesn't have airbags, I suggest Taxi EZE over a Black and Yellow city cab, especially if you are a rookie traveller here.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com
    For heavans sake. You sit in the back seat. What would an airbag do? Please stop the dark agenda scare tackticks Silverstar. Like most, if all argentinians, if they take a cab, they pay 100 pesos as of last week. For heavans sake stop the nonsense! Happy Mongering All. Toymann

WW-check-out taxi eze

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/tarifas.html link to prices-much cheaper than what you are using.

When I am traveling for a two weeks+ trip and have two checked bags and carry-on, this the service I use-very professional drivers. Dispatchers check everything. You have zero to worry about and a helpful driver who has a good job that they value.

WW look foward to seeing you in person in 2011!

Lightbulb

People who don't live here will never understand this simple point.

Fares are going up, because costs are going up,

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    I like the convenience of getting into a remise (alone) and having a care free ride to my hotel or other destination. I have always had good service with MTL and despite my less-than-perfect Spanish (Miami Bob is laughing) I have never had a problem getting to my destination or with pricing or any other customer service issues. That said, it seems that the prices at MTL are going up faster than most other goods and services. MTL's charge for a remise from EZE into Bs As is now AR$172. That is a 93% increase in AR$ and a 52% in US$, over the last three years. That is about US$44 for the drive, which while on par with other major cities around the world, it seems a little out of line for Bs As.

I will probably just eat the cost of the remise (because I like the convenience) but the cost-benefit analysis is compelling. Taking the AR$16 aerobus and a AR$25 taxi from San Telmo to Recoleta, costs about AR$41, saving AR$131 over the MTL Remise (which is almost treintas minutos at many privados.

So, for an extra 40 mins of travel time (for a round trip) and the inconvenience of switching from bus to taxi (and vice versa) midway, one can have an extra hour of bliss with a gorgeous Argentine chica.
    Fares are going up, because costs are going up, they just raised the airport parking rate 30%, and tolls just went up 30%.4 liters of semi synthetic oil over here is over $50US! Gas that was 2.79AR a liter is now hovering at $ pesos. The inflation is killing us, Argentina is not cheap anymore.

I personally don't suggest taking a black and yellow city taxi from EZE, there is a dark element running there and problems are known and well documented. For those who don't mind going in a tiny Argentine car that probably doesn't have airbags, I suggest Taxi EZE over a Black and Yellow city cab, especially if you are a rookie traveller here.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers and Tours in English.

Fully Licensed and Insured to $10,000,000AR

Just check Manuel Tiendas website

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    Always keep in mind that you can just walk outside, away from the taxi stand, and just hail a cab. Last Monday I had little trouble getting a cab into town.100 pesos was the negotiated fee, accepted without issue. Just for fun, I asked at the taxi stand about 100 pesos and the guy had a fit and glared at me. Walked about 40 meters away and flagged one down no problem. Just a regular cab for 100 pesos flat rate. Certaining not fred's luxury service, but I certainly don't care about luxury for a 45 minute ride into town. Just my dos centavos. Happy Mongering All. Toymann
    I like the convenience of getting into a remise (alone) and having a care free ride to my hotel or other destination. I have always had good service with MTL and despite my less-than-perfect Spanish (Miami Bob is laughing) I have never had a problem getting to my destination or with pricing or any other customer service issues. That said, it seems that the prices at MTL are going up faster than most other goods and services. MTL's charge for a remise from EZE into Bs As is now AR$172. That is a 93% increase in AR$ and a 52% in US$, over the last three years. That is about US$44 for the drive, which while on par with other major cities around the world, it seems a little out of line for Bs As.

I will probably just eat the cost of the remise (because I like the convenience) but the cost-benefit analysis is compelling. Taking the AR$16 aerobus and a AR$25 taxi from San Telmo to Recoleta, costs about AR$41, saving AR$131 over the MTL Remise (which is almost treintas minutos at many privados).

So, for an extra 40 mins of travel time (for a round trip) and the inconvenience of switching from bus to taxi (and vice versa) midway, one can have an extra hour of bliss with a gorgeous Argentine chica.

Last Monday took a cab from EZE to Recoleta at 8:30pm

Always keep in mind that you can just walk outside, away from the taxi stand, and just hail a cab. Last Monday I had little trouble getting a cab into town.100 pesos was the negotiated fee, accepted without issue. Just for fun, I asked at the taxi stand about 100 pesos and the guy had a fit and glared at me. Walked about 40 meters away and flagged one down no problem. Just a regular cab for 100 pesos flat rate. Certaining not fred's luxury service, but I certainly don't care about luxury for a 45 minute ride into town. Just my dos centavos. Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero  [View Original Post]
    No idea. I just saw the place mentioned on FT. I'd certainly try it out though.
    I believe it is legit, have checked out their site.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Affordable luxury car service and tours in buenos aires

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond the  [View Original Post]
    With the nearest competitor that I know of (Manuel Tienda Leon) charging 45 pesos, I find their price suspiciously cheap.

Is there some gimmick, such as they only discharge the passengers at their terminus, where the only taxis available are their own?

According to the web site they only operate Mondays to Fridays.
    No idea. I just saw the place mentioned on FT. I'd certainly try it out though.

Too good to be true?

Check out this shuttle service to / from the airport:

http://www.aerobusezeiza.com.ar/

$4 US? Wow.
    With the nearest competitor that I know of (Manuel Tienda Leon) charging 45 pesos, I find their price suspiciously cheap.

Is there some gimmick, such as they only discharge the passengers at their terminus, where the only taxis available are their own?

According to the web site they only operate Mondays to Fridays.
    Last edited by Northsider; 09-30-10 at 00:54. Reason: m-f comment

Lightbulb

It seems that the taxi fares have doubled since my last visit in 2008. I recall riding from Puerto Madero to Congresso for 5 or 6 pesos. Now it is at least 12 and maybe 15 depending on traffic.32 pesos from Puerto Madero to Nailea's for a massage. Yeah, I know, I should have taken the subte, but my back was killing me!

$4 US? Wow.
    Even before the praise raise you should be looking at around 20 peso from PM to congreso

Jamon y Carlito

It seems that the taxi fares have doubled since my last visit in 2008. I recall riding from Puerto Madero to Congresso for 5 or 6 pesos. Now it is at least 12 and maybe 15 depending on traffic.32 pesos from Puerto Madero to Nailea's for a massage. Yeah, I know, I should have taken the subte, but my back was killing me!

$4 US? Wow.
    Is that AR$16 from EZE to the stop in San Telmo (Balacarce y Belgrano) Is that the only route? Even so, at that price plus a cab to a hotel or apartment one is still saving AR$100 over a remise.

Take the bus, instead?

It seems that the taxi fares have doubled since my last visit in 2008. I recall riding from Puerto Madero to Congresso for 5 or 6 pesos. Now it is at least 12 and maybe 15 depending on traffic. 32 pesos from Puerto Madero to Nailea's for a massage. Yeah, I know, I should have taken the subte, but my back was killing me!

Check out this shuttle service to/from the airport:

$4 US? Wow.

I plan to completly stop taking taxi's other then trips from / to Eze once the price raises kick in other then sometimes late at night or some other emergency.

I can reach almost every place I go to with the bus / train / subte and most of the times it as fast and walking around keeps you fit

Posting Limitations