Thread: Taxi Fares

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
This blog is moderated by Damman

Apt-to-EZE

Simply negotiate the price "off meter" upfront. Like 60 pesos door to door.

Jaggar

Actually I have used the bus several times, maybe once a day. I found it very convenient on some routes and allowed me to use up coins and save small bills.

Yup the fares have gone up. A few days ago the base fare was 3.80 now its 4.60.

I talked with a taxi driver, and said this must be good for him- more money. He replied the opposite, it is not good news because it is too big an increase at once. He thinks the number of passengers will go down as a result of the 21% increase. He thought it should have been a gradual increase, for example a 10% increase followed by another 10% increase a few months later.

Retired Member

Taxi Fares to the Airport

I caught a Taxi in front of Jackson's new house on Uruguay & Cordoba last week a little after 6:00 pm.

The total fare to EZE was $67 peso's.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    I was quoted 100 pesos!
    Taxi EZE still advertises 78 pesos to the airport.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot
    To return to the airport, go to this location by taxi, and you can pick up a return bus every 30 minutes.
    On the way to EZE, MTL can pick you up from your hotel / apartment to their bus station also. I usually just walk to the MTL bus terminal near Sheraton Hotel from my apartment in microcentro. But on my last trip, I had more luggage than usual. So I paid for a round trip bus ticket with round trip mini-bus service for 85 pesos total.

On the day of my departure, I called them from my apartment about 4 hours ahead of time. BTW, their operators speak decent English. First they told me no mini-bus service was available. I told them but I paid for the mini-bus service already. He put me on hold for a minute and then came back and said the mini-bus would pick me up at 6:00 pm in order for me to catch the 6:30 pm bus. The mini bus arrived to my apartment at 6:05 pm and got me to the terminal at 6:15 pm. I was the only passenger on the mini-bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot
    It takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport.
    True on Sundays and holidays, the ride to EZE may only take 45 minutes. But to catch most evening flights, better plan on the ride to take an hour and a half on normal weekdays.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Frankly, I'm on the buses more and more! Why? Because I'm weary of their stupidity, incompetence, dangerous cars, dishonesty, etc, and as a form of protest! AVOID TAXIS!
    Hey Sid,

Your decision to stop using the BA taxis was all over the taxi radio dispatch networks this week.

At my own peril, after overhearing some of the radio chatter, I told a taxi driver that I knew you. He asked me to relay to you the Spanish equavalent of "On behalf of all the taxi drivers in BA: Thank You!"

Jackson

Bus to Ezeiza A. P.

Mongers,

Follow Sido's advice and boycott the greedy taxi ckskrs!

Use the Manuel Tienda Leon bus services to and from the airport.

At the airport, you can get the bus ticket in the area (they have a booth) after you exit customs.

This bus will take you to their central terminal next to the Sheraton Hotel
    which is across from the Retiro Train station. From there, they will put you in one of their jitney buses (5 pesos extra) and they will take you to your destination.

To return to the airport, go to this location by taxi, and you can pick up a return bus every 30 minutes. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport.

It costs 40 p each way. It may go up as the greedy argies sense a higher demand for their services. I suspect it will be 50 p in a short time but it still beats the taxis.

Jackpot

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter
    Your prices were in the mid 50$ range a few months back now your 80$+?

How can you say that you have been holding prices down. I was going to use you but it the price had jumped up to just make no sense.

I took a cab, 90 pesos.
    My premium signature Airport (EZE) service starts at only $64US, not over $80, and of course it includes all tolls and parking, we don't nickel and dime you!

(Nice cushy pillow soft leather seats-not rock hard cab seats)

Drive Safe,

Fred www.silverstarcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter

How can you say that you have been holding prices down. I was going to use you but it the price had jumped up to just make no sense.

I took a cab, 90 pesos.
    Hi Gato:

I have no short term plans to raise current low fares, unlike the tiny, beat up cabs who are going to jump a whopping 21%. Those older fares were introductory, and did not reflect the true costs of running a Lincoln Town car here. (Expensive)

Please compare my fares to other Lincoln Town cars (not cabs) here. There is a Limo charging $120US to go to the airport.

My ride and car is way better than a cab! And it is well maintained, new tires and suspension for just for starters. (Check the tire tread of the next tiny cab you go in) You get what you pay for.

Drive Safe,

I took a cab, 90 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by Damman
    But SilverStarTransport is holding the line on Lincoln Town Car service fares, even in this busy tourist season.

Thanks to all here who have taken advantage of SilverStar Transport. Watch the board for last minute sales, and specials.

Drive safe,

Not the kind of news we like to hear, but if a typical taxi ride increases 2 pesos ($0.50 US) I'm not going broke.

The real hassle with taxis is they quickly use up all my small bills. And I find myself spending far more time keeping track of my use and replenishment of small bills than I should be. It's f** annoying.

Anybody have any good ideas for loading up on small bills? Can I just go to a bank with 3X100 pesos and get 30X10 change? I may have done this a few years ago but can't remember, most times I go by a bank there's a long lineup and I don't bother.

Ouch

A good time to have left BA.

I used only and only taxis in my two month trip in Oct/Nov 09. I spent approximately 800 us$ on liberal / frequent use of taxi for 2 months and let it be my only source of locomotion. So I guess 20% increase means, 1000us$, next trip for 2 months (more of less)

Not too exciting, but thats life I guess, considering the inflation!

Posting Limitations