Thread: Argentina Entrance Fee To Go Into Effect

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Ghostrecon

Seems the old policy still applies

Quote Originally Posted by Argento  [View Original Post]
    If precedent is consistent, in the days when visas were for 2 years, your expired passport containing a current Argentine visa, together with your current passport was accepted. Now this is not the most consistent of countries but given that it is an entry fee issued on the spot, nothing is lost if you present both documents and see how you make out. An old passport is no great burden and the first person to do so can report back to the board. Absolute empirical evidence.

Argento
    I arrived Saturday, July 23 in exactly this situation. I encountered two immigration persons during my entry. There seemed no question that my old, cancelled passport with the unexpired Argentina entry authorization was sufficient for entry. Since I was happy to not have to pay the 100+ US$ I didn't ask. Unlike the situation in Chile when I entered last year with 18 mos left on my passport. I tried to find out if there were any alternatives for someone in my position and the immigration official, in spite of little English, put it succinctly in as few words as possible: "new passport, new pay."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo  [View Original Post]
    I was told by the Argentinian immigration official who issued the entry document (it's not really a visa) that it was good until the expiration of my passport. She didn't say anything about 10 years. However, the expiration date on the document itself that is pasted into my passport is 10 years from the issue date. Some how I think that the document will not survive the expiration of the passport, which is different from the case in Brazil.
    If precedent is consistent, in the days when visas were for 2 years, your expired passport containing a current Argentine visa, together with your current passport was accepted. Now this is not the most consistent of countries but given that it is an entry fee issued on the spot, nothing is lost if you present both documents and see how you make out. An old passport is no great burden and the first person to do so can report back to the board. Absolute empirical evidence.

Argento

Quote Originally Posted by Mikap  [View Original Post]
    I looked everywhere but I could not find any place that clarifies this situation. After reading the press releases you could also conclude what Argento said is true: "Present your expired and your new passport. The visas are current even though the passport has expired." Anyway since you have a first hand experience about this, there is no doubt what you are saying is the case. But I was wondering where you read that: "the rule is 10 years or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner." Because like I said I could not find any place that explicitly clarifies that.
    I was told by the Argentinian immigration official who issued the entry document (it's not really a visa) that it was good until the expiration of my passport. She didn't say anything about 10 years. However, the expiration date on the document itself that is pasted into my passport is 10 years from the issue date. Some how I think that the document will not survive the expiration of the passport, which is different from the case in Brazil.

It's Argentina!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan8  [View Original Post]
    Officially, the rule is 10 years or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner. I was asked to pay for a fresh visa on my new passport because of this rule, but it depends on whether you get a boludo or not for a immigration officer. But the rule is against you.
    I find this as NO surprise. Happy Mongering All. Toymann.

P. I have a 3 year difference between my visa and passport. WTF! Who cares! LOL!

Source of the rule

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan8  [View Original Post]
    Officially, the rule is 10 years or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner. I was asked to pay for a fresh visa on my new passport because of this rule, but it depends on whether you get a boludo or not for a immigration officer. But the rule is against you.
    I looked everywhere but I could not find any place that clarifies this situation. After reading the press releases you could also conclude what Argento said is true: "Present your expired and your new passport. The visas are current even though the passport has expired." Anyway since you have a first hand experience about this, there is no doubt what you are saying is the case. But I was wondering where you read that: "the rule is 10 years or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner." Because like I said I could not find any place that explicitly clarifies that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Argentio is correct. I had the same problem with an expired passport but a Brazilian visa which was still valid. Contacted the embassy in the US and they confirmed they would not issue a new visa until the original one expired but I could carry both passports and use the visa for entry. Argentina is probably the same but you could contact their embassy to check just in case.

Expired Passport

Argentio is correct. I had the same problem with an expired passport but a Brazilian visa which was still valid. Contacted the embassy in the US and they confirmed they would not issue a new visa until the original one expired but I could carry both passports and use the visa for entry. Argentina is probably the same but you could contact their embassy to check just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikap  [View Original Post]
    Does anybody know the answer to the following question:

The entrance fee is valid for 10 years (for US citizens). What happens when your passport expires long before that- say in 3 years. The entrance fee will still be valid with the new passport for another 7 years or you have to pay a new entrance fee whenever you change your passport.

Any response is greatly appreciated.
    Present your expired and your new passport. The visas are current even though the passport has expired.

Argento

Validity of entrance fee after passport expiration

Does anybody know the answer to the following question:

The entrance fee is valid for 10 years (for US citizens). What happens when your passport expires long before that- say in 3 years. The entrance fee will still be valid with the new passport for another 7 years or you have to pay a new entrance fee whenever you change your passport.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    Anyone can transit through EZE with a connecting flight without paying the entracne fee. But if one has to goes through immigration to exit the airpot, then the fee must be paid.
    Exactly. Its like flying from Argentina to Asia via USA and telling USA, you do not need their visa and do not wish to pay the visa fees!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    In Sao Paulo where you can transfer without a visa. In Sao Paolo you just follow the signs. In Bs As you probably have to figure it out own your own.
    On international arrival flights, there is usually one airline rep to direct passenger to connecting flight in EZE.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    I get a lot of Aussies who fly in to BsAs from Sydney, stay overnight, then head to Brazil the next day / morning. I hear they still don't have direct flights from Australia to Brazil. So they can avoid the reciprocity fee by showing a plane ticket going out the next day.

Fred
    Anyone can transit through EZE with a connecting flight without paying the entracne fee. But if one has to goes through immigration to exit the airpot, then the fee must be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    In Sao Paulo where you can transfer without a visa. In Sao Paolo you just follow the signs. In Bs As you probably have to figure it out own your own.
    I get a lot of Aussies who fly in to BsAs from Sydney, stay overnight, then head to Brazil the next day / morning. I hear they still don't have direct flights from Australia to Brazil. So they can avoid the reciprocity fee by showing a plane ticket going out the next day.

Fred

There is a similar set up

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Any Aussies know how long the Australian šVisaš lasts for here? I also heard if you are transiting through Argentina (Many Auusies I get transit thru BsAs to Brazil) they do not collect the fee.

Cheers.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juanxito  [View Original Post]
    It's usually reciprocal, fees cost as much as visas / fees to the other country. Not surprisingly, for us locals a Canadian visa costs $75 for single entry and $150 for multiple entries. Multiple entries are good as long as the passport is valid, which was 5 years till last Wednesday (now it's 10 years)
    Any Aussies know how long the Australian šVisaš lasts for here? I also heard if you are transiting through Argentina (Many Auusies I get transit thru BsAs to Brazil) they do not collect the fee.

Cheers.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations