This blog is moderated by Sarsbuk

Urban Suites

If US fits your price range, and you choose not to avail yourself of some of the excellent apartments nearby, it is an excellent choice. It is relatively new, clean, rooms are decent and it is virtually on top of New Port, one block from 1631 Junin, a block from Madahos and a couple of blocks from Black (although you need to read the forum to see if that last two are worth a visit)

As for what you did to Exon, you tripped up on the Jackson communication. Senior mongers here are rightfully protective of the 'great one.'

Buy Exon a beer and he might take you to Checkers Pub.

Chica Friendly Hotels

You don't need our help to find chica friendly hotels. Find hotels you are interested in and send them emails asking about their "guest" policies. Yours will not be the first such email they have ever seen. You'll get their official and latest policy. And then if you take a printed copy of their reply you'll have some documentation if anyone gives you a hard time.

This is more than opinion. It's my own experience.

Bob

Thanks for the reply slipknot.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot
    This place is a 10 peso taxi ride from Recoleta but a nice enough hotel, that via Travelocity or other booking type services can be had for 108 US per night. Includes breakfast and room service is fast and good. I have stayed here numerous times as well as friends of mine. No problem with chicas coming to visit and near Esmeralada 517 if that is you thing. Google Hotel Colon for information but book via Travelocity, Orbitz etc.

Located on Carlos Pelegrine and Lavalle right in the center of town.

Hotel Colon

This place is a 10 peso taxi ride from Recoleta but a nice enough hotel, that via Travelocity or other booking type services can be had for 108 US per night. Includes breakfast and room service is fast and good. I have stayed here numerous times as well as friends of mine. No problem with chicas coming to visit and near Esmeralada 517 if that is you thing. Google Hotel Colon for information but book via Travelocity, Orbitz etc.

Located on Carlos Pelegrine and Lavalle right in the center of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels. Com.
    Thanks Sidney. I have been looking at all these sites as well as the forum. I thought as this was a forum with a section on hotels, some of the more experienced BM's would have some recommendations on chica-friendly hotels. Also if there was hotels to avoid etc.

I understand Apartments are better deals but I personally would prefer a hotel for this short stay in Buenos Aires.

I travel often to Thailand and the Thai forums I belong to have sections with BM recommended hotels. Which I contribute heavily on. Was just hoping this would be similar.

Any hotel recommendations are appreciated.

Sarsbuk - Try www.discoverba.com. They have a good selection of Recoleta apartments for $100/ night with no issue about a 3 night stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob
    What the Big E is trying to say: Why not an apartment?

Do you really need room service? A concierge? A us$15 us style room service breakfast.

Private message to jackson or call him on a vonage telephone: 321 206 5075 [Florida number located in Buenos Aires] if he does not have anything for you. He'll put you in touch with other rental companies where english is spoken who are trustable.

Exxon's link is to a company owned by an american with whom many board members have had some trust issues.

OR just read the board. 30 minutes of looking around will yield a large return on your investment of time.

Best of luck,

Be
    Thanks for the reply Miami Bob. I have looked at the apartments and they look very nice.

TBH though I am only staying 3 nights in between leaving my ship and flying home and looking for something easy like a hotel. If I was staying a week for vacation I would definately book an apartment. But 3 nights I just want somewhere to dump my bags and go exploring!

As I mentioned I am looking for $100 or less for a room. Alot of the hotel information on here is a few years old and just looking for some up to date info. Etoille Hotel which was recommended is listed on Tripadvisor as being a bit worn out now and old looking.

Not fussed on a concierge or room service... But I would like a bit of comfort after spending 8 months "at sea" and living in a 8' by 10' cabin.

What A Heavenly Idea--exxon, You Are A Saint!

What the Big E is trying to say: Why not an apartment?

Do you really need room service? A concierge? A us$15 us style room service breakfast.

Private message to jackson or call him on a vonage telephone: 321 206 5075 [Florida number located in Buenos Aires] if he does not have anything for you. He'll put you in touch with other rental companies where english is spoken who are trustable.

Exxon's link is to a company owned by an american with whom many board members have had some trust issues.

OR just read the board. 30 minutes of looking around will yield a large return on your investment of time.

Best of luck,

B

Retired Member

Try this place, I've heard its very "Chica Friendly"

http://www.apartmentsinba.com/junin/index.html

Exon

Chica Friendly Hotels in Recoleta?

Hi,

I will be staying for 3 nights at the end of March and looking for some information. I was hoping to stay in the Recoleta area and find a nice, decent Chica-friendly hotel.

MY budget is $100 usd or less per night.

This will be my 1st time staying in Buenos Aires, so a newbie to the BA scene although I have been here a few times before on cruise ships.

Was hoping hotel was close to some of the action in the recoleta area.

I have tried searching on this forum for info but alot seems a few years old now.

Thanks

Posting Limitations