This blog is moderated by Article22
    Thanks for your replies, in answer to a couple of questions.

I am a little confused with the 2 earlier postings, one which said that the apartment looked fine and the owner (Saint) of the leasing company was fine, and the other said he was not reliable and shouldn't be trusted.

No idea which one is true!

The two of us heading over there, have travelled as mates over a fair bit of this planet and we decided a while ago not to bother with average places to stay. So we head to boutique hotels or 5* apartments.

It's generally about the neighbourhood, space and piece and quiet which is important to us.

Each to their own I say, and have certainly done enough holidays where 'value for money' was the criteria.

I also saw a place with BA Habitat:

http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/apartment_n366.html

But they seem to have a poor reputation here and my gut instinct backs that up.

As for Jackson's pad, that was the first one I checked but was booked for the period we were there.

Thanks for your help,

Nigel.

Take another look

Quote Originally Posted by Article22
    Morning all,

Heading over with a friend to Argentina for 2 weeks in April and wanted some advice on where to stay.

Reading through the forums it appears that the Recoleta area is the best for first timers so I booked us into separate rooms at the Howard Johnson Hotel but looking back on it - I feel that it is a lot of money ($1600) for a week's accomodation.

So after checking that we could cancel, I then started looking for apartments. Boy what a minefield!

What with terrible websites, little English spoken (my Spanish is terrible) or dodgy reputations, it hasn't been fun.

Ended up finding this place:

http://www.apartmentsba.com/system/AP11%20-p520/

But would like some input from the forum as to the location is:

A. Quiet.

B. Safe.

C. Good for general stuff (food, walks, beer)

Also is it near enough to a few restaurants and good bars without needing a taxi all the time?

The other advice I would like is that we are planning on heading to the Iguazu Falls, which I am sure will be great but my friend wants to spend a whole week there. After reading up on the forums here, it seems that 2-3 days seems more the norm.

Will a week be ok there and will there enough to do?

Thanks so much for any replies, really looking forward to seeing this country soon!

Nigel.
    $1,500US a week for an apartment in Buenos Aires. Laughable. Unless you are the sort of person who must have the "best" of everything or you are hellbent on impressing someone (or yourself) I would pass. This is Buenos Aires, a nice place, but it ain't Monte Fucking Carlo. With just a little research you should be able to find a decent place for two for close to half the price.

Funny this week. Jag driving, wordy, hey look at me assholes from Bolivia and $1,500US a week apartments in Buenos Aires.

Retired Member

Your Being Ripped Off

Yes, IMHO you are being ripped off and paying entirely to much for that apartment, $1,500 for a week.

Yes its in a good safe neighbor hood in Recoleta, (If there is such a place) you can walk to such places as the El Alamo and other good bars and restaruants if you know where to find them. Plus its about 4 blocks from the "new mansion" Jackson is putting together, which as I understand has weekly mongering party's. But your paying to much from the wrong person.

In fact, contrary to the good "Captain's" option written below, the leasing agent for that apartment is "Persona non-grata" on this forum. He has a well earned a reputation for fucking fellow mongers and most of us won't deal with him. As an example he would gladly sell you a Franchise in the scam hes running, here take a look.

http://www.apartmentsba.com/franchise-opportunities-75/

I would suggest you look into other high end places such as the place Jackson acts as the leasing agent on Callao. I have personally stayed in this apartment and will state its absolutely gorgeous. Plus its a $100 dollars a night cheaper than what you've committed to pay, (It doesn't take any brains to spend money).

http://www.apartmentsinba.com/callao2/index.html

The one thing about Jackson's rentals is Jackson can't afford to be caught fucking the posters or members of his forum. If he did so there wouldn't be a forum. On the other hand the "Saint", (The handle on the forum of your landlord) has fucked so many members on this board he doesn't post here anymore.

There a number of "High End" apartment leasing agents in Buenos Aires. I suggest you "Google" and find them, if you can get your deposit back from the Saint, which I dought.

Exon

P.S. heres a good link to people I've used many times in the past. Just type in what you want, they'll find it for you.

http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/?change_lang=eng

4. 02-14-10 07:36

Need some advice on my first visit to BA

Morning all,

Heading over with a friend to Argentina for 2 weeks in April and wanted some advice on where to stay.

Reading through the forums it appears that the Recoleta area is the best for first timers so I booked us into separate rooms at the Howard Johnson Hotel but looking back on it - I feel that it is a lot of money ($1600) for a week's accomodation.

So after checking that we could cancel, I then started looking for apartments. Boy what a minefield!

What with terrible websites, little English spoken (my Spanish is terrible) or dodgy reputations, it hasn't been fun.

Ended up finding this place:

http://www.apartmentsba.com/system/AP11%20-p520/

But would like some input from the forum as to the location is:

A. Quiet.

B. Safe.

C. Good for general stuff (food, walks, beer)

Also is it near enough to a few restaurants and good bars without needing a taxi all the time?

The other advice I would like is that we are planning on heading to the Iguazu Falls, which I am sure will be great but my friend wants to spend a whole week there. After reading up on the forums here, it seems that 2-3 days seems more the norm.

Will a week be ok there and will there enough to do?

Thanks so much for any replies, really looking forward to seeing this country soon!

Nigel.

Posting Limitations