Suckewer? Yeah, it seems a bad choice of names when it begins with suck and might rhyme with sewer, but hey, it's the owner's last name, he's Russian / Polish.

That's about the only negative thing I could say about this place, and anybody who knows me knows that's saying something.

Basicaly, a sandwich joint. Recently opened, Reconquista 886 (corner of Paraguay)

Why I like the place: the food is good. They actually know what a spice is. This is, as we all know, something rare in Buenos Aires. The menu has salads, ceviche with salmon, woks, sandwiches.

The owner and the staff are very friendly.

It's not expensive.

They play tasteful music at a low volume.

You can sit outside on Reconquista and enjoy the view.

They are open way late into the wee hours of the morning.

When I asked for a Stella Artois, the woman told me there was a special on Heineken, a few pesos less.

I keep coming back because the food and service is good. Now, because they sacrificed a few pesos I am taking the trouble to give them a recomendation on Argentina Private.

Kind of like the hookers who figure out it's better to have 3 at 250 than 2 at 300.

When the owner told me he was Russian / Polish I asked about borscht, blintzes, pierogis: not right now, he told me. Ah well. You can't have everything.