Thread: 2002-2004 WSG Reports

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Crowne Plaza Panamericano

I had to stay there (my boss was staying there, and you don't argue with your boss), but I cannot recommend it.

The regular rooms (US 80 per day, corporate rate!! in B.A.!!) are in the old tower, and are so cramped that I was able to change TV channels with my left foot. Closets were nearly inexistents, and the view is the 20-story wall of the other part of the building.
    On the bright side, the breakfast service and the pool are quite enjoyable.

They are guest friendly, leaving an ID for the pax safety.

Internet is outrageous:they charged the same amount that in the wi-fi zone of the airports (US3 per hour), while you can walk a few yards in the street and use a broadband connection (in a cramped cubicle, though) for 15 cents.

Anyone have any info on Gran Hotel M.T. Alvear? Chica Friendly? Is hotel nice?

Thanks in advance, for any info.

Hi, Guys:

Intercontinental Hotel is chica's friendly, no problem.

Kisses, Roxana.

Does anyone have any info on the Intercontinental Hotel in BA...is it chica friendly?

Thanks

I recently stayed at the LoiSuites in Recoletta. The location is excellent and there is no problem with the women guests. They do not check ID at the desk if you walk in with the lady. If the lady comes to the hotel alone they will stop her and call to see if she was invited.

If you come in alone at night the front desk clerks will ask if you want some company. The cost is $300 pesos. Several men avail themselves of this service. Some of the ladies come from Newport which is right around the corner. I actually used this service twice when I wanted a short night. Both times the ladies were good looking but one left something to be desired when her clothes came off.

The guidebooks say that this is very quiet hotel with thick walls but I found it to be a little noisey. I was on a lower floor in a junior suite. The disco music from the bars played to 4:00 AM. I wore earplugs. I would use the hotel again but pay up for a higher floor and an executive suite. Everybody says that you cannot take it with you and I have no heirs.

I booked through Mayra who provides excellent service.

Hobbyinhouston,

LoiSuites in Recoletta is very girl friendly.

AllIWantisLove,

Mayra will find a hotel or Apt. as per your need. Why don't you forward this post to Mayra. She is great for these kind of services.

Bandy

Hi, Guys:

This is an offer provided by Mayra and Roxana

4 nights at the Howard Johnson Florida (4****) hotel with breakfast and taxes included, PLUS 5 appointments for US$ 290.

* King size beds
    * Internet access in the room included

You need to book it through Mayra at:

MAYRA@ARGENTINATRAVELSERVICES.COM
    MAYRABRILL@ARGENTINA.COM

*It's a pre paid package. NO REFUNDS on hotel and appts. Extra appts. will be paid separately.

*Pick up at the airport, provided by Ana. You pay her directly and separately.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY, SPRING IN BUENOS AIRES IS COMING!!!!

Kisses, Roxana.

Hola All,

I will be staying at the LoiSuites in Recoletta. I read a report some time past that said it was no longer girl friendly. Is this still true. I have tried a search but it has been down for a few days.

Thanks

Looking for a Recommendation and some other Hotel Questions

Can you guys recommend a hotel which meets the following requirements - chica friendly (¡cómo no!), CD player, quiet rooms (I live in a very quiet neighborhood and have trouble sleeping when a hotel room is not sufficiently quiet), a free and good breakfast included (as I never eat lunch), queen size bed, and a shower large enough for two (or maybe even three - funds and energy permitting!). Also, no insects or rodents and not a fire trap. I know that these requirements eliminate the least expensive places, but my funds are limited.

Also, would I get the best rate by calling the hotel myself, asking my favorita to call, or using Mayra (if that spelling is correct)? And, by the way, is Mayar a hotel finder, i.e. could I ask her to find me a hotel meeting my requirements, or is her service limited to hotel reservation making?

Thanks Gents,

Bob

Can anybody give me an opinion on the Gran Hotel Buenos Aires, will be staying there for a week in Sept. Like how are the beds, is elevator small? (will be with child in stroller) is it noisy from street?and of course I need to know if I am able to escape for a short time, where i can walk to close by for some quick fun. It is located at Marcelo T. De Alvear in central area. Would much appreciate any info.

Thanks

Ho Jo Plaza at Florida and Santa Fe (or Paraguay) was exactly what other mongers have described. New facility, quiet, and extremely chica friendly. Chicas must register at the desk. The breakfast, though, is very ordinary. No hot stuff. Rate was 62 USD per night (prepaid as cash) including everything.

Bandy

May I request that when you post about a particular hotel that your include the URL for the hotel's web site, if they have one and if you know it?

It is nearly impossible to find a hotel's web site on the web. No matter how I search I get hundreds, even thousands, of hits. This is because you get a hit for every travel agency and web site in the world which can make you a reservation at the hotel. Of course such web sites never provide a link to the hotel's web page because they do not want you dealing directly with the hotel. Even telling Google that I want only web sites which contain the hotel in the url did not help significantly.

I like to have as much info as possible before deciding on a hotel and I've found that only a hotel's web page comes close to providing the amount of detail I like to have.

For others having this problem I have found only one technique which helps, sometimes. If the hotel you are interested in is part of a major chain you can generally guess at the name of the corporate web site, e.g. www.westin.com, and then find the hotel's web page from there.

Thanks,

Bob

Bennie:

Thanks for the info regarding HO JO Plaza. In fact, I received a PM from another poster who echoed your observation. However, he suggested higher floors due to street noise from Florida. I will be there only for three nights and then for the rest of my stay moving to the best apartment in the heart of Recoleta.

Bandy

I have had a couple requests concerning the Hot Tub in the Hotel. I stay at The Grand Boulevard Hotel (.com) and get the executive suite. My price (I have stayed there a lot) is < $100 us/ night including a breakfast buffet (which I rarely make) and taxes. You will have to check with them about todays going rates.
    They are "Extremely Chica Friendly"!
    MM

Bennie stayed there. PM him.

Posting Limitations