Thread: 2002-2004 WSG Reports

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Bandy,

Can't give you first hand experience but I'm staying there on an upcoming trip based Mayra's recommendation (despite my misgivings about the HoJo name).

Easy Go

Does anybody has any experience with the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel on Florida in Centro? It is a fairly new hotel and looks luxurious. I heard it is chica friendly, but want to hear some first hand experience.

Bandy

Just a quick note about the Dazzler. They are so chica friendly they would have carried the women up to the room for me.

I like that it is nicer than other hotels this chica friendly. I saw 2 of those in hanging with other mongers. I have the money, so it is worth it. If this matters to you, I highly recommend it. Is it really that much money? Not really.

I even got to BA earlier than expected and they let me into a clean room at 10 am (instead of the regular 3 pm check-in) so I could nap before heading out for my first mongering session.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dazzler room.jpg‎  

Seismo, I can recommend the Gran Hotel Vedra in the 1300 block of Avenida de Mayo (Congreso), south side of the street, for less than $20 US per day, breakfast included. A bit shabbier but with a very nice staff is Hotel Marbella, 42 pesos a day (cash or credit card and they do take Amex), on the north side of the 1200 block of Avenida de Mayo. Breakfast also included. In either case, try to get an interior room and/or bring earplugs. Vedra charges a bit more for the interior rooms but that is offset by a discount for stays of four or more nights (Marbella doesn't offer that).

I've been to Buenos Aires 2 times (2000 and 2002) and each time I stayed at the Phoenix Hotel.

Its on San Martin close to Avenida Cordoba, across the street from Orleans Cafe. They charge $50ar a nite if you pay cash. A nice hotel, friendly staff that speaks some English there. Clean rooms, queen size beds (a little lumpy mattresses) and a BIG buffet breakfast each morning thats included in the price.

And the best thing, they are chica friendly. They do check the woman's ID and will make her register. But its at no extra price.

Anyway, I'll be in BA later in the year and looking forward to staying there. So long.

I'm looking for a cheap hotel {US$20-25 daily} for 2 weeks in July. My only concerns are cleanliness and quiet in either B Norte, Congesso, or similar area close in. I don't need guests in room as I prefer albergues{sp?} for nightly activities.

Does anyone know any of these places?

Hotel Eleven Palace
    Hotel Lyon
    Hotel Prince
    Hotel Republica
    Gran Hotel Argentino

They all look real charming on the internet, but we have all been fooled by internet pictures before.

Thanks in advance.

On my most recent visit I stayed for the first time at the Hilton Puerto Madero, which I highly recommend. The only possible downside to this place is its location. Out of the hub-bub of Microcentro and Recoleta, this can be both a plus and a minus.

-Uncle Otto

A quick note

Last time time I was in BA I spent a few nights in the Alvear Hotel a very plush hotel right in front of Black's. No problem to bring in a lady. The service is sooo good that they check on her ID upon leaving. Talk about privacy for the gentleman.

I was also at the Caesar Park (the place looks nice but bathrooms are small and the air conditioning was working very badly). The lady registered with me upon arrival and left freely.

I will be back in BA next week and I just can't wait.

Steven,
    Yes the Dazzler is still chica friendly, I was there in March.

Enjoy your June trip.
    FH

Fellows,

Just wanted to add my recommendation of Mayra's travel services. Mayra made some flight and hotel bookings in Argentina and Brazil for me recently after she started on her own.

We made all the arrangements over the phone and a few hours later the tickets and hotel vouchers were delivered to my hotel in Buenos Aires. Everything worked well and I have already recieved the correct credit card billings.

I encourage everybody to support her small business venture.

Hello Forum,

I stayed at the Dazzler last year and it was fine. No hassle with the chicas. Is the Dazzler still a visitor friendly place? Haven't heard much about it this year. Am planning a return to BA in June. Thanks.

Ditto,

I too booked my accomadations (again) with Mayra´s help. As always, everything has been perfect as arranged by her. The extra mile she goes to makes all the difference for me.}

EZE

After getting tons a solid referrals from quaility posters on this board (Moondog and Saint, several others) I decided to try Mayra's travel services. (Apartment, Hotel, Rent-a-Car--and plenty of restaurant recommendations).

She was, as everyone states, wonderful and trust worthy and was there for me 100% on my three weeks in BA.

I wish her the best in her new venture and encourage everyone headed to BA to use her.

LA Larry

I wish Mayra the best on her new venture and will be using her expertise for my July trip.

Starfe

Hi, Guys:

This post is related to Mayra's services and what is going on with her. Her partner screwed her up and Mayra is not working anymore for Argentinago.com.

This week she is starting with her own and new company, so she changed her email address and her cell. phone. She is still providing the tourist services she used to and with the same and also more dedication, because now, she understood that she works for herself and she hasn't any monthly salary; everything depends on her skills and dedication.

As I know her for almost two years, and I know how hard she likes to work and how much she likes to provide a good service and take care of the guys' needs, I am one of her supporters in her new challenge and I want to recommend as I always did, her services. Also because although we are not partners, since we first met, Jackson led us to cooperate, and we did it, and as a result we are taking care of you like a coordinated team; she provides the beds and I call the stuff to be put on the beds!!!!

So, we need to be patient with her these first weeks, she is starting again, and she really wants to work for you; the guys of the forum.

Any problem you could have with her ex agency, you'll need to solve it with them, because they want to play the fool now, and they are responsible for the services they've already arranged with you, although their best employee is not working with them anymore. But of course, you can email Mayra and as usual, she will try to help you in case you have a problem with her ex agency and if they persist in not taking responsabilities, relax, you can cancel the services with them and go straight to Mayra's, because now she is the head and she is a responsible person.

Her new email address is: MAYRABRILL@ARGENTINA.COM

Her new cell. phone is: 155 307 3300.

Kisses, Roxana.

Posting Limitations