I thought I would start a new thread concerning the various rental companies in BsAs, their policies vs other companies and any experience I had. I hope that others will do the same and open a new thread on ByT, Buenos Aires Travel Rent, and others. Hopefully it will give those of us who rent apartments some kind of a guide and even perhaps serve as a watchdog over their policies.

In February 2010 I came to BsAs for 11 days. I rented an apartment on Paraguay through 4RentArgentina. When I booked the apartment, 4Rent did not ask me for a deposit in advance. They accepted my credit card as a security. That was different than the practice of other agencies. When I arrived at the apartment the agent was not waiting for me and fortunately the taxi driver called and the agent soon arrived. The briefing the agent gave was perfect and included all the things I needed to know ie how to turn on the gas stove, where to dispose of the garbage etc.

The internet did not have the proper ethernet cord. 4Rent bought one and within a few hours after checkin the internet was hooked up and running.

The only downside was at checkout. I had an evening flight and the agent did not show at the appointed time. I had e-mailed the time and even followed up with a phone call 2-3 days before. This has always been a concern as most of us, at checkout, have a flight to catch and if the agency or owner does not show at the appointed time it is cause for concern. I called the agency 2 times and finally the agent showed with the money about 20 minutes late.

I wanted to extend my stay as the apartment was going to be vacant however 4Rent would not offer me the monthly price even though it would be one continous stay. They would not negotiate the rent even though the apartment was vacant.

The positive side was that at 4Rent, the agency holds the security deposit, not the owner. This gave me a little more comfort.

I returned to BsAs for a month in the beginning of March. While looking for apartments it was my feeling that 4Rent's prices for apartments was higher than alot of other agencies but I also felt a little more secure with them. They have a large office on SantaFe with at least 5-6 staff that I saw. Possibly more.