Thread: Faena Hotel

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Two things

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDoerr  [View Original Post]
    Just a footnote to this discussion because I paid my rent yesterday. I have been here about three months and live in an exquisitely furnished recoco 500sq foot studio apartment, with one wall of glass sliders leading to a balcony overlooking the street in a beautiful area of Palermo North on Cervino which is a tree lined boulevard. Dozens of cafes and restaurants, laundries, gyms and food markets within five minutes walking distance. I am fifteen or twenty blocks west of the Newport and the area is loaded with regular and nice looking women. I pay in pesos 9,000AG a month which currently is six ($US600) hundred dollars monthly which covers everything in the apartment. Maybe I'm nuts, but I like a big bang for my bucks in women and in housing. That's my two cents and I hope this might give those who are thinking about staying for a while some perspective on housing. Thanks. Bobby Doerr.
    1. That's a big studio, I'm assuming you mean one room.

2. That's a great price for that part of town. I like that little boulevard.

FYI, if you want to sound a little more local, say it's in Botanico. Then they will know it's in Palermo, but not the starving student, hipster, drunk backpacker Palermo that used to be cool but now sucks.

Staying in BA

Quote Originally Posted by Luchi  [View Original Post]
    I want to go .
    Just a footnote to this discussion because I paid my rent yesterday. I have been here about three months and live in an exquisitely furnished recoco 500sq foot studio apartment, with one wall of glass sliders leading to a balcony overlooking the street in a beautiful area of Palermo North on Cervino which is a tree lined boulevard. Dozens of cafes and restaurants, laundries, gyms and food markets within five minutes walking distance. I am fifteen or twenty blocks west of the Newport and the area is loaded with regular and nice looking women. I pay in pesos 9,000AG a month which currently is six ($US600) hundred dollars monthly which covers everything in the apartment. Maybe I'm nuts, but I like a big bang for my bucks in women and in housing. That's my two cents and I hope this might give those who are thinking about staying for a while some perspective on housing. Thanks. Bobby Doerr.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Doerr For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama  [View Original Post]
    For those that are interested in staying at this property, I highly recommend you search Airbnb for units before booking here. You'll find an array of Studios to the larger suites for $150-$300/night, well below the rates posted on the hotel's website. Apparently they sold a number of units as private condos... So you get to take full advantage of all the property's facilities, but without the cost. The 1 bedroom suite I booked came to less than $800 for 4 nights, including all taxes and cleaning fees, quite the deal. I'll be down there Feb 13th-17th and will report back on the chica situation as I plan on doing just a little "entertaining" on my first trip to BA.

Drama.
    I want to go 😻😻😻.

[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted to remove sections of the report that were largely argumentative. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Faena Airbnb

For those that are interested in staying at this property, I highly recommend you search Airbnb for units before booking here. You'll find an array of Studios to the larger suites for $150-$300/night, well below the rates posted on the hotel's website. Apparently they sold a number of units as private condos... So you get to take full advantage of all the property's facilities, but without the cost. The 1 bedroom suite I booked came to less than $800 for 4 nights, including all taxes and cleaning fees, quite the deal. I'll be down there Feb 13th-17th and will report back on the chica situation as I plan on doing just a little "entertaining" on my first trip to BA.

Drama.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Drama For This Post:

Great Hotel

The Faena is a great hotel and it is chica friendly. The girls do have to register or you go to a back elevator bank to skip this process. In my opinion it is as nice as any hotel that you can stay at in BA but it is a little pricier than most too. They do give you a little bit of a hassle if you come with 2 girls but 1 giril they just ask her to give her documents and leave you alone.

The hotel also has a great bar for meeting regular women and your stock goes up 25% when they realize you're staying at the hotel. Many a night I've been left with the quandry do I go out for more drinks with a semi attractive girl I met at the hotel with a good chance at some hooking up or do I go for the sure thing. During the summer the pool scene is nice and they usually will have a couple great looking girls for eye candy. I also have found that it is very easy to get girls that I meet at the clubs to stay the night for the pool the next day at no additional gift.

If money really isn't an object this is a great hotel. The gym is great, service is great, and the pool is perfect. But for bang for your buck you can do better and if on a budget this hotel is not for you.

Pm me if any more questions.

So, anybody been to the pool w a report?

I heard the pool area is nice, Didnt hear about the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I thought I was getting the right feel for the hotel until the last review. From Trip advisor. Maybe Exon is right but would you stay there as a guest?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._District.html

Hotel that want to be very "tendance" but the service is awfull. One evening all the bars were booked for private party (the three bars) and as a customer the only possibility to have a drink was. To go to a bar outside the hotel! And I was told that it s very commun. When we asked for the manager, we.

The over the top design suggests high standards and a touch of class, but the service is awful and numerous mistakes made our trip unbearable. Wake up calls didn't happen, the useless staff called one of our party in the middle of the night searching for lost bags, we often waited 15 minutes to be served. The worst thing was. More.

I didn't stay there, thanks heaven I was at Alvear but my son and daughter in law wanted to check on Phillip Stark decor so we went to Mercato restaurant. He did his homework. Put concepts like buenos aires brothel in the hallway full of venetian mirrors and crimson curtains, a french restaurant with unicorn heads instead of calf's traditonal in most.

Our third trip to Argentina, we decided to switch from the Sofitel in Retiro, which we loved to the Faena, because we had enjoyed the Rojo Tango show on our last visit. This is a great hotel if you want to party, but forget about getting any sleep. We split our nights for the start and end of our trip. More.

I was scheduled to spend 5 nights at this hotel; I left after 2 nights! When you spend $500 in BA you expect a GREAT service! In this one they don't turn the beds at night, means that they don't change the towels, you pay $15 for the wifi, you don't even have a free bottle of mineral water in.

I didn't like this property at all. It is expensive but tacky, it is pretentious and yet it is very unsophisticated. The decor is not the issue. What I found very offensive is going to the pool (a very tiny pool by the way) and find myself surrounded by Prostitutes everywhere in broad daylight looking for business as if the.
    I guess the conclusion is don't stay at the hotel, but check out the pool.

Based on the reviews

I'd pass.

Most of the time in Bs As, I am doing some work so I expense everything. I still would rather stay at a less hip hotel with good service than a palace with terrible service.

If you are not concerned about price, as I infer you are not, and want great service, I'd suggest 4 Seasons or Alvear Palace.

Or for that kind of cash, rent a lux penthouse apartment.

Why?

I don't think I've ever seen a hotel anywhere with so many bad reviews, almost every review is terrible. I did check the rate and looks like it's $350-$440USD per night. Unless you just want to say you're staying at the most expensive hotel in Buenos Aries I don't understand your fascination with this place.

I'd recommend to stay at the Clairidge, a first class true 4 star hotel in the heart of all the action. At $135USD + tax, I think it's a good value for what you get. They are chica friendly. I've just called the concierge desk and asked them to send me a girl in the past and they sent up a pretty, young college student. Now that's what I call "room service"!

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    I thought I was getting the right feel for the hotel until the last review. From Trip advisor. Maybe Exon is right but would you stay there as a guest?

Hotel that want to be very "tendance" but the service is awfull. One evening all the bars were booked for private party (the three bars) and as a customer the only possibility to have a drink was. To go to a bar outside the hotel! And I was told that it s very commun. When we asked for the manager, we.

The over the top design suggests high standards and a touch of class, but the service is awful and numerous mistakes made our trip unbearable. Wake up calls didn't happen, the useless staff called one of our party in the middle of the night searching for lost bags, we often waited 15 minutes to be served. The worst thing was. More.

I didn't stay there, thanks heaven I was at Alvear but my son and daughter in law wanted to check on Phillip Stark decor so we went to Mercato restaurant. He did his homework. Put concepts like buenos aires brothel in the hallway full of venetian mirrors and crimson curtains, a french restaurant with unicorn heads instead of calf's traditonal in most.

Our third trip to Argentina, we decided to switch from the Sofitel in Retiro, which we loved to the Faena, because we had enjoyed the Rojo Tango show on our last visit. This is a great hotel if you want to party, but forget about getting any sleep. We split our nights for the start and end of our trip. More.

I was scheduled to spend 5 nights at this hotel; I left after 2 nights! When you spend $500 in BA you expect a GREAT service! In this one they don't turn the beds at night, means that they don't change the towels, you pay $15 for the wifi, you don't even have a free bottle of mineral water in.

I didn't like this property at all. It is expensive but tacky, it is pretentious and yet it is very unsophisticated. The decor is not the issue. What I found very offensive is going to the pool (a very tiny pool by the way) and find myself surrounded by Prostitutes everywhere in broad daylight looking for business as if the.
    Well if thats the case, "Surrounded By Prositutes at the pool, Looking for business"!

I think I might reconsider.

Exon

Please don't take me wrong. I know I'm new to this forum. I don't mean any disprespect by the question below. I'd just like to know what is wrong with the Faena Hotel.

If money were not an issue, why wouldn't you?

Retired Member

I really don't know, but I don't think I want to stay there.

Exon

Posting Limitations