This blog is moderated by Aurab64

Quote Originally Posted by Aurab64
    I am trying to rent an apt from bairesrent for my Oct. Visit. They are asking for $100 deposit to be sent by paypal. One thing strikes me as unusual about the deposit is: they said it will be returned by the same method to me. I assume that is through Paypal. Is it a common practice? I thought deposit will be deducted from the rent on check in. Any comment or suggestion?
    Its a common practice to send a part of the rent via paypal or western union to "hold" the apartment for your said dates.

The money sent by paypal is returned by paypal.

The money given by hand is returned by hand.

This is NOT a part of your rent.

Having said this, you can still ask the company to adjust the money as a advance for rent and the security deposit will be handed separately by hand and must be returned by hand.

Also, when you receive or send money via paypal, a part of it is deducted by paypal as transaction fees.

Hope this information helps you in coming to a decision.

Deposit

I have rented perhaps 20 times from various companies and individuals in BA and have always paid a deposit at the time of check-in. That deposit is separate from the rent and was always returned to me when I checked out unless there was something missing or broken. Often owners will charge a fee to hold a reservation, say 10 or 15 per cent of the rental. That is always deducted from the rental costs that one must pay at check-in in my experience.

Apt Rental Deposit Return

I am trying to rent an apt from bairesrent for my Oct. Visit. They are asking for $100 deposit to be sent by paypal. One thing strikes me as unusual about the deposit is: they said it will be returned by the same method to me. I assume that is through Paypal. Is it a common practice? I thought deposit will be deducted from the rent on check in. Any comment or suggestion?

Posting Limitations