This blog is moderated by PeterLong

Imagine doing her doggie style with this view

This morning's sunrise from the Casa Principal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bayo_1.jpg‎  

No offense taken

No worries W².

Are you responsible for the capture of van der Sloot?

Didn't mean to call it a fishing property

Quote Originally Posted by PeterLong
    Love seeing the banter, I would expect nothing less and surprised it took so long!

The property could easily gross over 40K per year, netting around 28K. That's a good return on the investment, plus the property will certainly appreciate due to it's stellar view and location.

Not sure why you would call this a fishing property, except that the lake is across the street.
    PL-Did not mean to insinuate that your property a 'fishing property' or slight it in any way. I was discussing vacation homes and fishing camps and how I rationalize the costs related to either.

As a guy, I have fairly simple thought processes and tend to view things in terms of 1) those things I like to do and 2) how I can pay for those things. As for concept 1, if I exclude activities that include chicas, I am left with skiing, fly fishing and hunting (if I leave out tracking down international scumbags and bringing them to justice. Jajaja) All three of these activities can be facilitated by owning a property nearby known locations for said activities. That said, real estate carrying costs can add up.

Just like other hobbies, when you are going out of pocket for something, you want the best bang for your buck. If I can't find a way to make work pay for my fun, I am more attentive to the numbers. Let's say that I can own my very own ski-in ski-out place at Deer Valley with a great rental history that will cover all but $10k per year. Sounds great but, I am paying $10k / year for lodging during 2-3 weeks per year.

For the same dough, I can do 3 weeks at the Stein Erickson Lodge. Better yet, I can do two weeks at the Stein going steep and deep and one week on Iliama Lake bagging massive rainbows, setting the hook on grayling on the apex of the dead drift and roasting char stream side.

Love seeing the banter, I would expect nothing less and surprised it took so long!

The property could easily gross over 40K per year, netting around 28K. That's a good return on the investment, plus the property will certainly appreciate due to it's stellar view and location.

Not sure why you would call this a fishing property, except that the lake is across the street.

Fishing

As far as Peter's property, the market will ultimately determine the value. I think that the photos are beautiful. The tough part for most of us is making sense of the cost of a vacation home or fishing camp. In a perfect world, the rental income will cover most or all of the costs of ownership so that you can vacation for 'free.' If you are annually net $10k out of pocket for a place you could be looking at fishing in some of the best places on earth with world-class guides.

We might want to have a separate thread on great places to fish. I'd throw out Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, Utah, Manitoba, Quebec, Key West, Apalachicola and a handful of others. That said, I am very interested in wetting a line in Southern Argentina.

We could also throw in opinions on fish that are the most fun to catch (on a fly of course) or some of our best catches: tarpon (165lbs) tiger salmon, sockeyes, kohos, northern pike (48"+) rainbows (25"+) grayling, char, brookies, etc.

Or how about the most unusual thing you caught on a fly? A 40lbs+ snapping turtle (ate the bass I had on the line - which of course I trailed over the turtle a number of times until it bit)

Gato and Schmoj are right on!

379k. IALOTFLMAO! Maybe 150-175k on a good day!

I have looked at fishing property in argentina and this ad is total fantasy. Give me a break. If you want to fish in patagonia I suggest you go to Montana. It's closer, the fishing is better on the Madison, there are more species of fish to catch, and it's just as beautiful. Well done boys for sniffing out a "fishing realestate Shill" on the board. LOL.

Happy Mongering All,

Toymann

This is also the same guy that has lived here for 5 years and can't score pot.

I second the bullshit flag.

I smell bullshit.

I think we should hold our real estate ads to the same standard as we hold our pussy ads. At least you posted your picture Hot Stuff (assuming that's actually you and not some crap you found on the internet), but we're going to need to know your "hourly rates." And be forewarned, we don't stand for Gringo prices.

Here's a You Tube Video we put together for the property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1VMytlR3B4

Sunset photo

I wanted to post Sunday night's sunset from the property. Not only does it have great cash flow, the views kick ass!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunset SLL_1.jpg‎  

Patagonia Income Producing Property for sale

We have decided to sell our property in Llao Llao, Bariloche.

Three private homes all with world class views and a quick 2 hour flight from BA.

http://patagoniainvestmentproperty.com/

The property is turn key and a great return on investment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rainbow 28 de Dec_1.jpg‎   Wine and Sunset.jpg‎  

Posting Limitations