Thread: World Cup 2010

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Rev BS

A footnote

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Well put. It was pretty clear yesterday why the likes of Mourinho and Wenger have gone you actually try to play with them you get humiliated. IMHO-kudos to Ferguson for playing football against Barca tdefensive against Barca. If hough he and his team were soundly beaten.

Funny about the guys who can't keep themselves from fouling Messi. Nearly the entire Real Madrid squad, and Valencia had him targeted yesterday. Watching a guy who is that good drives them crazy.

And speaking of "lost on the field", what did much ballyhooed Chicharito accomplish other than being consistently offside? Talented kid but way out of his league yesterday.
    Well, since there was no midfield to speak of, there was no balls for Chicharito to play on to. Numerous turnovers by Park / Giggs / Carrick. ManU's goal was from a turnover deep in Barca space. Starting Nani would have relieve some pressure and create some openings. But Ferguson played his cards on a midfield Great Wall that Barca had no problems doing the samba through and around it.

But enough analysis, Barca is the better team.

Homeboys

Berbatov, leading Premier League scorer was left out in the cold, not included among the subs. His spot was taken by Michael Owen. WOW! We now know Ferguson didn't think he could win, just hopeng to be lucky. I think his players could feel that and played that way.

2 years ago, Park was left out after being instrumental in the runup to the Final. Ferguson is willing to humilate his big signings in favor of the homeboys.

Thumbs up Thanks Doggboy

Thanks for the advice yesterday. I arrived at Gibraltar right before the match started and the place was packed. I was lucky even to find a place to stand. The crowd, as expected, was solidly behind Man U. The beer was great and the even had an excellent burger. Thanks again!

Well put. It was pretty clear yesterday why the likes of Mourinho and Wenger have gone defensive against Barca. If you actually try to play with them you get humiliated. IMHO-kudos to Ferguson for playing football against Barca though he and his team were soundly beaten.

Funny about the guys who can't keep themselves from fouling Messi. Nearly the entire Real Madrid squad, and Valencia had him targeted yesterday. Watching a guy who is that good drives them crazy.

And speaking of "lost on the field", what did much ballyhooed Chicharito accomplish other than being consistently offside? Talented kid but way out of his league yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeu  [View Original Post]
    their playacting and constant griping should not be rewarded.

First, only a few players do that, and that's also because the opposing teams found that the only way to stop them was to foul them. Remember, Barca is pretty much the Spanish team that won the 2010 world cup. Now, you add Messi to that line up, and good luck trying to beat them.

Everyone is trying to find ways to mess up their beautiful game. Fouling is usually the easiest thing to do. I was happy to see that ManU players did not resort to that tactic, with the exception of Valencia who seemed lost on the field. I expect Mourinho to come up with some ways to beat them next year, but they are still the most pleasant team to watch.

No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeu  [View Original Post]

First, only a few players do that, and that's also because the opposing teams found that the only way to stop them was to foul them. Remember, Barca is pretty much the Spanish team that won the 2010 world cup. Now, you add Messi to that line up, and good luck trying to beat them.

Everyone is trying to find ways to mess up their beautiful game. Fouling is usually the easiest thing to do. I was happy to see that ManU players did not resort to that tactic, with the exception of Valencia who seemed lost on the field. I expect Mourinho to come up with some ways to beat them next year, but they are still the most pleasant team to watch.
    Congratualtions, Barca. I enjoy footbal play at the highest skill level, and Barca is just that. ManU with their unusual midfield of Carrick, Giggs and Park was a disaster. 2 goals from the outside with Van der Sar unsighted both times by his defenders' failure to challenge the scorer spelled doom for ManU.

Look out for a healthy Arsenal. Nasri, Van Persie and Fabregas (maybe) can take on Barcelona at their game.

Sorry buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt  [View Original Post]
    Not a MANU fan, but I pick Ferguson's boys to beat Barcelona. The Catalonians are great but their playacting and constant griping should not be rewarded. But I am afraid they may have the refreee in their pocket, early yellows would hamper the Reds from their game, and a 2nd yellow would be disaster. Evra has to play the game of his life to neutralise Messi, maybe, playing Park on the left wing will allow him to come back and help out. The Mexican Hernandez could be the match winer and a dream season for him. A great game from Nani would help. No Giggs please, maybe the last 3 minutes.

What! The game will be at around 4 or 5 am in BKK. Wow, looks like a all night pregame show.

Champions League Final 2011

Not a MANU fan, but I pick Ferguson's boys to beat Barcelona. The Catalonians are great but their playacting and constant griping should not be rewarded. But I am afraid they may have the refreee in their pocket, early yellows would hamper the Reds from their game, and a 2nd yellow would be disaster. Evra has to play the game of his life to neutralise Messi, maybe, playing Park on the left wing will allow him to come back and help out. The Mexican Hernandez could be the match winer and a dream season for him. A great game from Nani would help. No Giggs please, maybe the last 3 minutes.

What! The game will be at around 4 or 5 am in BKK. Wow, looks like a all night pregame show.

Jeez, now I read something that makes me wonder whether the Argentine Football Federation might actually bring Maradona back! Please, NO!
    Love the pic and cartoon! LMAO

A possible Oops

Maradona ain't coming back. His marketing folks are busy spreading one bullshit item after another trying to drum up some business for him. No self respecting country or club would have him. Of course, there are some non-respecting countries and clubs that, on an outside bet, might give him a shot.

Semi-related news, some scumbag from Atletico Madrid deliberately put a nasty challenge on Leo Messi at the end of a match yesterday. Full diagnosis yet to come, but it looks like a badly sprained ankle and at worse some ligament damage.
    Jeez, now I read something that makes me wonder whether the Argentine Football Federation might actually bring Maradona back! Please, NO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maradona_diva.jpg‎   untitled-6.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by Flexible Horn  [View Original Post]
    There are rumour's that the messiah could be returning to the job as manager of Argentina's football team.

Http:/www. Imscouting. Com / global-news-article / Diego-Maradona-ready-to-return-as-Argentina-coach / 10705/
    Maradona ain't coming back. His marketing folks are busy spreading one bullshit item after another trying to drum up some business for him. No self respecting country or club would have him. Of course, there are some non-respecting countries and clubs that, on an outside bet, might give him a shot.

Semi-related news, some scumbag from Atletico Madrid deliberately put a nasty challenge on Leo Messi at the end of a match yesterday. Full diagnosis yet to come, but it looks like a badly sprained ankle and at worse some ligament damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123  [View Original Post]
    It was my impression that Maradona was a God and could "Walk on Water"

Exon
    There are rumour's that the messiah could be returning to the job as manager of Argentina's football team.

http:/www.imscouting.com/global-news...a-coach/10705/

Venues for the matches (from today's BA Herald):

La Plata, Cordoba, Santa Fe, Mendoza, San Juan, Jujuy and Salta. An opportunity to get out and see the country.
    Apparently there will be one match in Buenos Aires, the final match, at the Monumental.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt
    Initial press releases indicated that Buenos Aires will not be highlighted as a venue. But the local mafia has not done it's work yet.

It will be in the month of July, with Japan and Mexico as the invited teams. No USA. So not sure which team I am going to adopt.
    Venues for the matches (from today's BA Herald):

La Plata, Cordoba, Santa Fe, Mendoza, San Juan, Jujuy and Salta. An opportunity to get out and see the country.

That figures

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt
    Initial press releases indicated that Buenos Aires will not be highlighted as a venue.
    I guess that would be populist to have the games in Jujuy, Mendoza, and Cordoba. Why have Bs As a a primary venue? Not like the 13.05 million people living within the AMBA represent the largest market in Argentina (not to mention the third largest in LatAm and 15 largest on the planet)

This is a business after all.

But the local mafia has not done it's work yet.
    This is a business after all.

Copa America 2011

Initial press releases indicated that Buenos Aires will not be highlighted as a venue. But the local mafia has not done it's work yet.

It will be in the month of July, with Japan and Mexico as the invited teams. No USA. So not sure which team I am going to adopt.

Posting Limitations