This blog is moderated by Damocles
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles  [View Original Post]
    So a few times a week there's this language exchange thing that's set up like speed dating. You get paired up with somebody, you speak for 5 minutes in English and then 5 minutes in Spanish, then you switch tables.

A lot of the people who go there are there for stupid reasons (like they want to actually learn to speak the language) but a good number of people are there to meet people. I hooked up with a cute little tango dancer there and we went out several times—seriously cool person and a great lay. Of course I hooked up with another girl who turned out to be nuts, but those are the risks. Most of the chicas are middle class girls and the ages fall fairly evenly through age groups, though tend slightly towards younger.

Of course this doesn't really turn out to be any cheaper than renting a girl by the hour, but if you want to hook up with a smarter porteña as opposed to your typical paraguyan lay, it's better than meeting at bars.

http://www.spanglishexchange.com/
    How many times have you been there and is it easy a nice way to meet people? About how many people go there the times you went?

Don't be disappointed.

I'm the owner of Spanglish Exchange, and you'll sit with just as many men as women - and perhaps only with men, or only with women, as seat assignment is random. Like any other place, people do meet at Spanglish, but please know, the majority of people at Spanglish are there to practice languages and meet cool people.

Looks like a winner. I registered. When do the mongers take over?

Spanglish Language Exchange

So a few times a week there's this language exchange thing that's set up like speed dating. You get paired up with somebody, you speak for 5 minutes in English and then 5 minutes in Spanish, then you switch tables.

A lot of the people who go there are there for stupid reasons (like they want to actually learn to speak the language) but a good number of people are there to meet people. I hooked up with a cute little tango dancer there and we went out several times—seriously cool person and a great lay. Of course I hooked up with another girl who turned out to be nuts, but those are the risks. Most of the chicas are middle class girls and the ages fall fairly evenly through age groups, though tend slightly towards younger.

Of course this doesn't really turn out to be any cheaper than renting a girl by the hour, but if you want to hook up with a smarter porteña as opposed to your typical paraguyan lay, it's better than meeting at bars.

http://www.spanglishexchange.com/

Posting Limitations