Thread: Clubs and Boliches - Places to Avoid

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Been there, done that, different venue.

It's that kind of scam that soured me on Buenos Aires. That's a pity, because BsAs is actually a pretty cool place - as I've learned by reading up here on AP.

The worse thing is that I figure Argentina perceives me as "only a walking ATM," valued only as a potential source for rip-off profit, an eternal golden goose and never mind my shared fellow humanity.

Bottom Line

Seems like the bottom line lesson is: Don't talk to anyone unless you need something from them. Best is for you to initiate contact. Someone who initiates contact first is most likely not wanting simple conversation.

I agree, this forum has been most helpful.

Listen to Sherlock

Avoid the moor.

Retired Member

Franky Double,

Your experience is one of the very important reasons this Forum exists. I had a problem one day when I was ripped off for two laptops.

In talking with Jackson after the fact we both deducted I'd made the Cardinal Sin of talking to a complete stranger on the street. Had I ignored the MotherFucker I'd still have the laptops.

Exon

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    And, sorry again, but if you don't go into any "cafe or restaurant in the next two weeks" you are even a bigger twat / idiot. Get back on the horse! Be smart and don't follow touts! RTFF!
    Way ahead of you sir. I use AP as my bible here in BA. I got caught out once.

Normal restaurants will see me, I won't follow people into any place at all. And I got on the horse (a stunning one) at Gysell. Barbie is a stunning lady.

Thanks all.

Back on the horse, bub

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Double

Like a twat I follow him into Viamonte 623 (Lee Palace)

Anyways I made it out of their after having an argument with the drinks woman and some guy (the owner? Or the bouncer? I left without ANY service, I paid 300peso basically for a 500ml Coca Cola.

Please all newbies. Like me. Be carefull and don't get ripped off like I did. I probably won't even go to a cafe or restaurant in the next two weeks in fear of a repeat episode. Makes me sick.
    There have been guys who have been ripped off in these places for alot more than 300p. Sorry, but you were an idiot (or a twat as you put it) for going there in the first place. And, sorry again, but if you don't go into any "cafe or restaurant in the next two weeks" you are even a bigger twat / idiot. Get back on the horse! Be smart and don't follow touts! RTFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Double
    Please all newbies. Like me. Be carefull and don't get ripped off like I did. I probably won't even go to a cafe or restaurant in the next two weeks in fear of a repeat episode. Makes me sick.
    Thanks for sharing your experience because this happens to a lot of people and there is very little you can do in the situation.

Welcome to Buenos Aires where you always have to watch your back.

Complaint: Viamonte 623 (Lee Palace Cafe Bar)

I have just been royally ripped off. I tried to avoid being given one of those business cards while walking on Florida. Somehow this one guy was very persistent. He gave me the card and promised "only look, only look"

Like a twat I follow him into Viamonte 623 (Lee Palace)

This one blonde chica grabs me and take me to a corner. Rubbing me and kissing me. She ask if I want to buy a drink for myself. Sure, I want a Coca Cola. In comes the other chica and starts rubbing me as well, and followed by a lday who plonks down a 500ml Coca Cola and a drink for each girl. The nshe starts harrassing me for 1x girl @ 240peso and my drink @ 60 peso. So I think to myself this girl is not too bad and I know of the cover in club so 240+60 is fine.

However this damn woman keeps harassing me for 240peso more. After I've given her 300peso. Turns out the fact that I allowed the 2nd girl to touch me means I have to buy her a drink, which costs 240peso. So they INSIST on me paying 60 + 240 + 240peso. I bluntly refused as I only had 300peso on me but even if I had the extra I would not have paid for the finest chica in the club and the house pig (thanks Jackson for imprinting that image)

Anyways I made it out of their after having an argument with the drinks woman and some guy (the owner? Or the bouncer? I left without ANY service, I paid 300peso basically for a 500ml Coca Cola.

These guys are definately the most aggresive touts in the area. I have been to Recoleta a few times this week and they were always in my face, even as far down the street as La Lopez, and once when I was in a taxi (stopped) and the window was open this guy put his arms part way in and tried to sell me on going to Hellas. He was persistent and wouldn't leave for almost a minute.

My buddy and I went into Hella's around 5am and there were about 10 girls working in there. We wouldn't have gone but it was the only place that was open at that hour. There were about 10 girls working in there. Some decent looking and one extremely cute little spinner named Angie. I asked her how much to go out and she said she charges a minimum of $100 USD or 400p. She seemed pretty adamant about it until I offered 300p and she agreed.

Here's the confusing part. She says she needs to go check on something (I'm guessing another possible customer) and sure enough she goes and sits next to some young Argie. She gets dressed and comes back and asks if I still want to go out with her. I said yes but she wouldn't go to my apartment alone unless my buddy took her friend back to the apartment too. He was interested and when I tried to negotiate a price for him the other girl said 500p and wouldn't budge. In the end we decided to leave and kept our money. We both got the feeling that neither girl would've provided that great or service.

By the way, the exit drink for the girls was 140p and when we arrived we paid 50p for 2 drinks for each of us.

Use this website to avoid problems.

Everything on Jacksons lists are safe and very good quality.

Do not stay away from Recoleta.

Madaho and Shampoo is top in BA.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Kataputa
    I was there two days ago and they FORCE me to pay 100 pesos with this Copa thing. THEY ARE ROBBERS and their objective is to get as much as they can using physical force to intimidate you.

NEVER EVER EVER GO TO HELLAS and I would say to avoid go to Recoleta's night clubs.

Better, NEVER trust on any ARGENTINIAN night club, as their business has nothing to do with people entertainment and satisfaction. They are so business blind that focus on get 100 pesos only one time than treat well their customers and increase their revenue with customer satisfaction. People with no long term vision.
    Hi Kataputa,

Welcome to the Forum.

That's why there's a big red next to the Hellas name on my Clubs and Boliches List.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=1702

Thanks,

Jackson

Never Ever Ever Go To Hellas

I was there two days ago and they FORCE me to pay 100 pesos with this Copa thing. THEY ARE ROBBERS and their objective is to get as much as they can using physical force to intimidate you.

NEVER EVER EVER GO TO HELLAS and I would say to avoid go to Recoleta's night clubs.

Better, NEVER trust on any ARGENTINIAN night club, as their business has nothing to do with people entertainment and satisfaction. They are so business blind that focus on get 100 pesos only one time than treat well their customers and increase their revenue with customer satisfaction. People with no long term vision.

Hellas, Sodoma and Brut

Hellas, Sodoma and Brut are three Recoleta clubs right next to each other in Vincente Lopez and right around the corner from Madahoes. On recent evening (Friday and tonight, Tuesday) I've dropped in to all three just to have a look and to check our chica quality and prices. 40p is the entry fee which gives you two drinks in Brut and Hellas and one drink in Sodoma. Depending on the evening on how busy they are this seems to be negotiable. This evening at 1230, I negotiated two drinks for 25p at Brut which comes out cheaper than the 14p per drink you now pay at Newport. If you ask, before you pay your 40p the doorman will let you have a look inside to see if you like the place and the chicas on offer. They will also let you do this at most other Recoleta clubs. Tonight there were 11 girls in Brut and I was the only guy. Last Friday at around 3am a similar story at all three clubs with a small number of girls and very few guys, all locals I believe. Big contrast with Madahoes. Inside all thee clubs are similar - small, seedy and dark - with a single bar area and tables scattered around. There are curtained off rooms at the back with couches where you can do the deed if you're in a hurry and don't mind the fact that anyone might walk in any time though the curtain. Chica take out drinks are 60p and there seemed to be no pressure by the girls to buy them a drink, unless you really have decided to take them out. I chatted to seven girls in the three clubs for five or ten minutes each. They all started out asking US100 or 300p for an hour but after some hesitation accepted my offer of 200p. In general standard of girls was way well below Black or Madahoe, but there were a few girls I might try in the future if the mood takes me. In Brut tonight for example, there was an attractive little Portena spinner I quite fancied and a nice looking Colombian negra, if that's your thing. Looking back at posts for last year, some people seemed to have had serious problems with Hellas and Somoma. I can't say in my short visits that I felt at all threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGHereICome
    I've been treated quite well at the club. Not on the avoid list for me.

There is pressure to buy drinks for the girls. But take your time. Make sure you like them before.

Its a Recoleta club so the prices are in line with the other clubs in Recoleta.

I'm wondering what the guys did to get beat up. Don't see a problem there.

Its pretty clear, how all those clubs work in that area.

There are some nice girls there. Not as many as the other clubs, but you can find like 15-20. Enjoy.

Regards.

OMG
    See this place is a RIPOFF JOINT, people just don't make these storys up. AVOID!

Monday Night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A non member tourist went into this place. He had drinks for himself only.

I believe he sat down order a drink and 2 chicas sat on either side of him and drinks where bought for him and the chicas.

He went to pay his bill and the bartender said he owed 350p. He said no, he just ordered his drink not anyone elses. He put money on the bar for his drink and started to walk out, two or three guys grab him, wrestled him to the ground and took his wallet out.

They took US$300.

Posting Limitations