This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Of course.

That is the reason for upgrading the ap site first.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy  [View Original Post]
    Please don't add it to ISG until you've got it thoroughly debugged here, and can apply all of the corrections "out of the box" to isg.

Well, the first problem I have is when I get the initial "you can't come in here" page. Fortunately, the software let me in anyways when I clicked on this "new thread. "

Next problem I noticed was that it messes up my formatting and punctuation. It knocked capital letters to lower-case, stripped out punctuation marks, removed line-feeds between paragraphs and leading spaces at the beginning of paragraphs. (this posted with the extra line-feeds between paragraphs, until I corrected it to thank you for that! it reminds me of a book my mom told me about, published in China just after the end of world war ii, an english-language coursebook that was very popular as a souvenir among the diplomatic community in nanjing. Its title, printed boldly on the book's cover and spine, was "correctly english".

This feels like "correctly weblish", and I hope you can indeed correct everything. Please don't add it to ISG until you've got it thoroughly debugged here, and can apply all of the corrections "out of the box" to isg.

Best regards and positive wishes,

Westy
    Last edited by Westy; 09-11-10 at 23:49. Reason: Applaud a correction to auto-formatting

Huh?

In the immortal words of eliot spitzer: "what the hell is going on? "

Jack

Looks like you have to enter the bb codes in order to post a link. Http://www.Politicsdaily.Com/tag/back+taxes+owed/the"automatically parse links in text"feature is not working, also esten is correct I can not enter a line break before or after the link and where it does allow line breaks it only allows one.

Also it doesn't like capital letters very much, I can not write "bb" code or "esten" with a capital but I can Jackson.

Looks like you're going to be busy Jackson, good luck.

Posting urls doesn't seem to work. The double backslash gets converted to a single and a space gets added after all the peRiods in the address.

Administrator

Esten,

I'm not finished yet.

The front page will be restored.

The formatting bugs will be corrected.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by esten  [View Original Post]
    ap had a great distinctive front page before with advertisers and valuable services, quick links to other sites, a banner, tips, polls, temperature, exchange rate, etc etc. Now it's a bland front page that looks like a million others.

Also there are major formatting bugs. I just posted in the politics thread and encountered the following issues:

- could not capitalize words like obama, bush, fox news, etc etc

- could not separate post into paragraphs. It's one big paragraph, doesn't allow more than 1 line break at a time

- could not write the word "peRiodically" without the letter "r" being capitalized

- could not use a hyphen between words

Etc

Thumbs down Awful

Ap had a great distinctive front page before with advertisers and valuable services, quick links to other sites, a banner, tips, polls, temperature, exchange rate, etc etc. Now it's a bland front page that looks like a million others.

Also there are major formatting bugs. I just posted in the politics thread and encountered the following issues:

- could not capitalize words like obama, bush, fox news, etc etc.

- could not separate post into paragraphs. It's one big paragraph, doesn't allow more than 1 line break at a time.

- could not write the word "peRiodically" without the letter "r" being capitalized

- could not use a hyphen between words

Etc

Thumbs up I'm starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123  [View Original Post]
    CockSucker, CockSucker, CockSucker

Its Sucks Jackson

Exon
    I thought you were the kind of guy that embraced “change”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Just testing the forum's function after upgrading the software.

Exon is a cocksucker.

Okay, I guess it works.
    At first I didn't care for the new software, but after stumbling around for awhile I've changed my mind. I like the Multi-Quote function and it appears we can now embed video in a post. However I hope this doesn't mean we'll be subjected to video of things like Exon getting a handjob! Yikes

Thumbs down New Format Awful

If you are seeking opinions, I do not like this new format.

Retired Member

Red face This New Foumat Sucks

CockSucker, CockSucker, CockSucker

Its Sucks Jackson

Exon

Administrator

Observations and comments about the forum upgrade

Just testing the forum's function after upgrading the software.

Exon is a cocksucker.

Okay, I guess it works.

Posting Limitations