Thread: Help a newbie please

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Lothario

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    You might want to provide some additional information about what specifically it is that you are seeking (guessing an apartment. If you provide more info, you will be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge that resides here. You will also find guys willing to do a little translating for you. You can PM senior bi-lingual members (pretty much anyone but me) if you don't want to post in the public forums.

In Argtentina, the name of the street comes first, followed by the street number. Thus, as previously pointed out, Humberto Primero is the name of the street and as you suspected 854 is the street number. "Piso" means "Floor" (the kind you walk on, not Flor (the kind you might want to climb on. So the apartment to which you refer is on the first floor. Dto (sometimes Dpto) is an abbreviation for departmento or apartment. Therefore, the address is question is apartment number 12 on the first floor of 854 Humberto Primero Street.

Other words for street are also referred to as avenida (avenue, calle, etc
    Yeah it is an apartment mate. Thanks for the help. Think I know where it is now

Interesting thing is that

There is an apartment #12 in a building with only 10 apartments per floor. Maybe the ground floor has a couple extras.

While it is none of my business (when has that ever stopped me, I prefer not to be on the ground floor in any place that I do not know very well. While most may be secure, I prefer to have gravity on my side.

Lex Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Lothario  [View Original Post]
    Can someone tell me what this means please?

Humberto Primero 854 Piso 1 Dto 12.

I assume 854 is the street number, not sure on the rest?
    You might want to provide some additional information about what specifically it is that you are seeking (guessing an apartment). If you provide more info, you will be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge that resides here. You will also find guys willing to do a little translating for you. You can PM senior bi-lingual members (pretty much anyone but me) if you don't want to post in the public forums.

In Argtentina, the name of the street comes first, followed by the street number. Thus, as previously pointed out, Humberto Primero is the name of the street and as you suspected 854 is the street number. "Piso" means "Floor" (the kind you walk on, not Flor (the kind you might want to climb on)). So the apartment to which you refer is on the first floor. Dto (sometimes Dpto) is an abbreviation for departmento or apartment. Therefore, the address is question is apartment number 12 on the first floor of 854 Humberto Primero Street.

Other words for street are also referred to as avenida (avenue), calle, etc

It is a street called

Humberto Primo.

Address 854.

First Floor.

Apartment 12.

San Telmo area. Semi safe!

TL

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    It looks like an apartment address.

In American English: 854 Humberto Primero Street, 1st Floor, Apartment 12.

Bob.
    Cheers mate

It looks like an apartment address.

In American English: 854 Humberto Primero Street, 1st Floor, Apartment 12.

Bob.

Help a newbie please

Posting Limitations